tdi head removal?

slowcoach3

Reaction score
Alright folks how's it going?
While my s3 is off the road I've got a little 110 bhp tdi. Which the head gasket has just gone on lol Changed plenty on a 20vt but this is obviously different, I don't have the correct timing tools to hand does anyone know if I can just release the tension on the cambelt and slip it off then worry about timing it all properly when it comes to refitting?
A bit piky I know but I'm in a hurry! Cheers

sorry to here that, prob get shot down for this cant you use some of that head gasket fixer stuff if its a throw away car??

other than that stand in a manhole and get someone to drive at you fast haha...

Haha Tbh I don't mind fixing at all, just don't have the correct timing tool yet but need the head of asap. Might just turn the crank to tdc using the flywheel, hold a bar on the crank and cut the ****** belt. At least half the engine will be tdc then :(

taking belt off should not be problem, but to be 100% sure of no contact, find TDC then rotate crank another 90 degrees to put piston at mid bore. this will ensure no contact

timing belt on the diesel is a bit more difficult to put back, you absolutely need the right tools and VCDS to get the timing fine tuned.

good info on the tdiclub website http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Reactions: slowcoach3
If its a PD engine I found out that machinemart do have them however don't know if they hold them in stock.

Reactions: slowcoach3
Thanks gent's that's awesome! Not worried about timing up when it comes to refitting just the taking it off in the first place, cheers