TDI Quattro

Ellski

Reaction score
Hi,

I found a 56 plate tdi quattro on autotrader (AUDI A3 2.0 TDI S LINE 3DR Hatchback for sale in Nottingham | Auto Trader)

Basically I'm posting because it's rather cheap compared to others that I've seen, and the seller just recently added this to the desc:
Engine Management Light Showing Due To Throttle Body Having To Be Replaced, But This Does Not Effect The Drive At All, Hence The Cheap Price

Should I avoid this car then?

Thanks

If its an easy fix (and a cheap one) why isn't the seller mending it and selling the car at normal price. Sounds to me as if he's been quoted big money and is trying to off load the car quickly?

If its an easy fix (and a cheap one) why isn't the seller mending it and selling the car at normal price. Sounds to me as if he's been quoted big money and is trying to off load the car quickly?
So it would be a good sale for me or do you think there could be other problems they are hiding?

Thanks.

I emailed the guy this morning asking if I could view it and will be taking vcds with me and will give it a scan to see if theres anything else wrong.. If there is then I'll post here but otherwise looking at a couple hundred to fix though...

I emailed the guy this morning asking if I could view it and will be taking vcds with me and will give it a scan to see if theres anything else wrong.. If there is then I'll post here but otherwise looking at a couple hundred to fix though...
Nice one mate thanks!

Is it a quattro? Just looks like a 2.0 Sline TDI to me...

Is it a quattro? Just looks like a 2.0 Sline TDI to me...
Yeah it's quattro. The seller says 4 wheel drive in the desc and I checked on insurance quotes and it came up as a quattro.

The inlet chambers/throttle bodies carbonise and cause rough idle/tickover, sticky butterfly valve and sometimes a warning light. Think this happens to a lot of the 2.0 tdi's. The chambers are expensive to be replaced by Audi which is why its cheap but they can be cleaned with certain chemicals, trick is to clean them without scratching the interior surfaces.

You could try resetting the throttle body with the vcds/vagcom but if it doesn't last then you can take the throttle body off for cleaning. I'd personally try in an ultrasound bath to remove the carbon deposits without damaging the surfaces but I think you'll also need to re program it when you put it back on, not sure if this method has been tried before or not?

Hi,

I found a 56 plate tdi quattro on autotrader (AUDI A3 2.0 TDI S LINE 3DR Hatchback for sale in Nottingham | Auto Trader)

Basically I'm posting because it's rather cheap compared to others that I've seen, and the seller just recently added this to the desc:
Engine Management Light Showing Due To Throttle Body Having To Be Replaced, But This Does Not Effect The Drive At All, Hence The Cheap Price

Should I avoid this car then?

Thanks

My engine light came on months ago, and this was for the Manifold Intake Flap. It didnt affect the running of the car and i didnt notice any change in the power. The part to buy new was £175 +vat and then cost of fitting on top. I didnt NEED it doing, and i did leave it for a few months before i fixed it. Only reason i got it done recently was beause i have an MOT coming up and apparently it can affect the emissions which can fail the mot. mine is a 2006 2.0tdi

could be the same thing?! definitely hook it up to find the fault code first though