Tdi sport 130 2004/2005 oil change

Jules

Reaction score
HI I need to service my car after owning for just over a year now, it has always had a long life service done on it, but it is now nearing 128k so was wondering what oil do you use, I have tried searching and come across a lot of recomendations but not sure what my engine it is I thought it was a avf, just checked booklet it says avf. Keeps on coming up as a pd engine on certian sites is this right?

So I need oil and filter
Diesel filter
Air filter

Where would you buy all of these, I have used TPS before but not tried since Februaury also hearing a lot of not selling to non trade anymore.
My son has a trade card at halfords is this any good for oil and filters?

Cheers,

I do oil changes every 6 months and get my parts from TPS as after genuine ones but have a trade account there. Main dealers sell the same stuff obviously as they get it from TPS but there is a slight mark up on prices.

the correct grade you need is 5w30 fully synthetic
i can reccomend the fuch titan oil ive been using it for 5 years or so now and its been superb

I agree with MadMike I get my filters and oil from Audi if its good enough for them to use its good enough for my car and its not at expensive as you think £8 for a filter and under £30 for 5ltrs of oil sorted.

I would to be honest avoid any genuine filters and brake pads on eBay. I have worked for VW and they have found a lot of fake parts are out there that look almost like the real thing but aren't and are inferior standard. Dealer for genuine bits is the best bet or find somewhere that does Mann Hummel parts as I think they are the OE manufacture for the Volkswagen group. TPS only deal to the trade not over the counter to the public. Both dealers and TPS get there parts from Volkswagen UK.

I always go for the PD grade 5W40 fully synthetic oil from Car Parts for Less
http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/ which is £30 odd for 5 litres and they'll do you the filters you need for really cheap as well. They're good quality bits as well. Mine's a 130 PD engine (though ASZ engine code) my father buys all his service bits from the same place and his A4 has an AVF engine. Car Parts for Less do free delivery which is always super fast. Europarts and GSF car parts are also good though not quite as cheap. You'll pay over the odds at the dealers.

Ebay. Genuine filters on there for half dealer price delivered to your door.
Example Genuine Volkswagen Bora, Golf, Passat 1.9 Diesel Oil Filter | eBay

Your car is a pd (pumpe duse) 130. These engines use a a specific oil grade.
Engine oil for pumpe duse TDI VW

AVF is your engine code.

I would say use the VAG recommended oil.
GENUINE SKODA VW SEAT AUDI 5 LITRE QUANTUM SYNTA ENGINE OIL 10W-40 505 | eBay

Dont forget a cabin air/pollen filter :)

Good link to myturbodiesel but if you'd read the page then you'd realise that the oil you have linked to on ebay is NOT the correct spec for a PD engine.

Not trying to be a d**k...just wouldn't want to see someone put the wrong oil in their car.

If I do have to go to the dealers for parts things like engine oil or common across the VAG range parts, its way cheaper to go to VW ! Its strange, because here the Audi and VW franchise is held by the same company. Audi charge a premium.
The filters I have been getting for a few years now from ebay sold as genuine, certainly seem genuine, are identical beside the dealer bought part (I checked) and have the VAG group picking slips etc. I have no reason to believe they are fakes, they offten come from Audi dealers. Could be wrong, but be very surprised.

Good link to myturbodiesel but if you'd read the page then you'd realise that the oil you have linked to on ebay is NOT the correct spec for a PD engine.

Not trying to be a d**k...just wouldn't want to see someone put the wrong oil in their car.

Yip, fair point Audi Doodah :) See that now, was in a hurry, just picked first pic that looked right. My oil comes from the stealer, the correct SYNTA platinum stuff and to be fair the price is as good as anywhere :)

I went to vw for my oil and filter today, cost £40 for them. Took about an hour to do, although the mass clean up operation wasn't so quick. My oil can thingy to catch the oil failed and I ended up with a very oily road :( haha

I went to vw for my oil and filter today, cost £40 for them. Took about an hour to do, although the mass clean up operation wasn't so quick. My oil can thingy to catch the oil failed and I ended up with a very oily road :( haha

Oops! Bet your neighbours will love you! Get some sand on it and it should soak some of it up.

Just found out my father yesterday bought 5l of Synta platinum 5w pd oil from VW for £25. Genuine filter for £4.30 from ebay. VW wanted £8.50 ish for it. Oil change for less than £30 is acceptable :)

Yeah, i had a few bags in the garden so luckily it's covered. Had to work late tonight so I'll go and give it a second go in morning.

just done mine using euro car parts oil (shell) plus a bosch filter for £25

Managed to get it all at TPS didn't ask if I was a trader, going to sort it out tomorrow

Managed to get it all at TPS didn't ask if I was a trader, going to sort it out tomorrow

That is good. i was under the impression they only dealt with trade only but I do think some possibly do over the counters as numerous owners sites always have deals with certain TPS locations.