Telephone incoming call alert - gone?

I have an iPhone 5S and it says compatible!! Tried re pairing the phone with MMI but no joy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an iPhone 5S and it says compatible!! Tried re pairing the phone with MMI but no joy!!!

Do you mean - wouldn't pair, wouldn't ring or wouldn't show contact in MMI?

All three of these issues have been mentioned in this thread.

Wouldn't ring on it's 'own'! I still have to turn the volume beside the gear lever to hear the incoming ring!! Contacts are in the MMI and repaired it as if I had just collected the car for the first time but I still have greyed out menus on the MMI! Compatible phone as in the link provided by DonnyDriver

Last edited:
I finally got round to trying out the mmi volume. Called my phone in the car. Picked up on the mmi but didn't ring. Turned up mmi volume and was ringing fine. Hung up and repeated - now answers and rings fine. Also tried with mmi turned off and still fine.
No idea why it suddenly started not ringing though but happy now :footy:

Still get intermittant display of contacts though.

Reactions: Reggieboy71
New update from AUDI...

"The functionality may have disappeared as the firmware has had a major update moving from 6. to 7. and we'd advise your vehicle is inspected by your local Centre again, they'll be able to raise a report to the Factory."

I still believe this is a CAR software issue rather than the firmware on my phone. But looks like I've got no choice now other than take it - they'll look for something they've never heard of - and then they 'raise a report' and I'll never hear from them again.

Think I'm just going to accept that I'm never going to get this functionality back. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though as it's trivial in comparison to other folks' problems on here. :end of discction:

Reactions: Reggieboy71
This happened to me after a phone update but then last week it started ringing again. But (i think) it has different ringtones to what i had before

What type of phone do you have Karen O' ?
Its a samsung S7

The MMI did say something like "not supported by phone' when i tried to change the car ringtone but it just started working again, i dont think i did anything to it to make it work again lol

Hi everyone

I am an Audi A7 user and having the same issue with ringtone settings in my car.
My a7 was bought last september 2017, new model (restyling) and from the beginning I could configure ringtone settings without any problem. I also selected "I have an incoming call" (awesome tone XD) and when I received any incoming call, although I was using Android auto or Carplay , the MMI alert worked perfectly and the Audi Ringtone rang as well as always.

But now..., it is unveliable, suddendly, I can't even be able to find the ringtone settings

When I go into Telephone Settings, it only appears to me:

-Message Volume
-Microphone input level

--- however

-Telephone Mute
-Ringtone(to select the different ringtones: moon etc)
-Ringtone volume

As if by magic these three optiones have disappeared!

I also tried to turn up the volume (while receaving and incoming call) and the only thing I got was an increasement of the tone of my telephone ringtone..., it sounds stronger... so,

What 's the problem here? does anyone know how to fix it?? Maybe Audi has to uptade my MMI? this is a general issue??

PD: The MMI ringtones worked perfectly with my last Galaxy S8. Now with my iphone 6S it happes..., besides I tried to pair my father's Nexus 6P and the same issue continues...., Audi Ringtone definitely, is gone...

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Hi Guys ,
thought I would resurrect this thread incase anyone is still wondering as to why their Android phone is unable to use the MMI ringtones anymore.
The answer in my case was "IN BAND RINGTONES", I have a Samsung S7 and when I purchased my car I was able to use the ringtones from the MMI, however when I updated my phones operating system from Nougat to Oreo the MMI ringtone option was greyed out with "function not supported by mobile phone". Now the MMI will only play my phones ringtone, you may however, depending on the make of your phone, be able to toggle off "In Band Ringtones", accessible from within 'Developer Options'. (not on my S7).
More can be found here: https://www.xda-developers.com/bluetooth-in-band-ringtone-android-o/

Last edited: