Temperamental Comfort Access

HulkRS3

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has noticed their keyless entry being awkward? Mine is refusing to work full stop now. I walk up to the car with the key in my pocket and place my hand over and into the handle which always worked before but it's now no longer opening the car. I've tried the second FOB and that is also repeating the same results. I have noticed the car sometimes displays the error on the VC that the key isn't present in the car.

There is a quick way to temporarily disable comfort access as you climb out of the car..

I (think) it is lock the car with your key fob, then touch the lock as you would for comfort lock, the comfort access is disabled.

Prob not the scenario you have encountered I suspect?

Reactions: RS03???
There is a quick way to temporarily disable comfort access as you climb out of the car..

I (think) it is lock the car with your key fob, then touch the lock as you would for comfort lock, the comfort access is disabled.

Prob not the scenario you have encountered I suspect?
Actually now you mention it, I saw comfort key was disabled the other day on the MMI when I was looking for something else - so that's probably why. I forgot all about that until now.

Most probably solved. :thumbs up:

Reactions: RS03??? and Add_Profile
Also check batteries.

Assuming Audi haven't created rechargeable keys.

It’s your hand. You should change it :p

Obviously if comfort access is off then it would seem you turned it off.

Reactions: NHN
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has noticed their keyless entry being awkward? Mine is refusing to work full stop now. I walk up to the car with the key in my pocket and place my hand over and into the handle which always worked before but it's now no longer opening the car. I've tried the second FOB and that is also repeating the same results. I have noticed the car sometimes displays the error on the VC that the key isn't present in the car.
I also got a few problems with it actually, sometimes the passenger side doesn’t work, sometimes the drivers side, sometimes one of the rear doors doesn’t work (keyless entry meaning), it’s so annoying to have to lock the car with the rear door or go to the other side of the car because it doesn’t want to work, it’s the first car I experienced that issue actually and it’s not our first Audi by any means, we got a new RSQ8 and R8 had 2 S8 (v10 and v8tt) an SQ7 but just this car with this weird annoying problem.
Edit: and it’s not like it’s persistent! 1 minute the door handle works and the next minute it doesn’t want to respond at all, batteries are full, setting are all correct the dealer said they ordered a new handle for me because I though it was just the passenger side but apparently all the door handle do the F they want whenever they want to so I believe it’s a software issues

Comfort access disables itself in my car over night due to the dashcam running of the OBD port. I get a battery low message in the morning.

Comfort access disables itself in my car over night due to the dashcam running of the OBD port. I get a battery low message in the morning.
If it's set correctly for parking mode, it shouldn't go flat, which cams you using?

I used to get the quiescent current error even when I had the Thinkware q800 pro set to higher voltage cut off.

The I-Volt battery in the boot ensures that issue goes away and the camera is powered for a lot longer when the car is parked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably due to motion detection.

It wouldn't show low if it's losing 10th of a volt tbh, do some measurements, then maybe adjust the camera settings.

I used to get the quiescent current error even when I had the Thinkware q800 pro set to higher voltage cut off.

The I-Volt battery in the boot ensures that issue goes away and the camera is powered for a lot longer when the car is parked up.

Is it any good tbh as I am considering a solar roof retrofit to counter this issue as I want remote live access to my cams, which I can do but it would kill the battery from my tests anyway.

Reactions: 8YARWY
I'm not fussed, it disables comfort access early in the morning which is when the scrotes are out on the nab.

Is it any good tbh as I am considering a solar roof retrofit to counter this issue as I want remote live access to my cams, which I can do but it would kill the battery from my tests anyway.

Just takes the strain off the vehicles battery.

I also got a few problems with it actually, sometimes the passenger side doesn’t work, sometimes the drivers side, sometimes one of the rear doors doesn’t work (keyless entry meaning), it’s so annoying to have to lock the car with the rear door or go to the other side of the car because it doesn’t want to work, it’s the first car I experienced that issue actually and it’s not our first Audi by any means, we got a new RSQ8 and R8 had 2 S8 (v10 and v8tt) an SQ7 but just this car with this weird annoying problem.
Edit: and it’s not like it’s persistent! 1 minute the door handle works and the next minute it doesn’t want to respond at all, batteries are full, setting are all correct the dealer said they ordered a new handle for me because I though it was just the passenger side but apparently all the door handle do the F they want whenever they want to so I believe it’s a software issues

My comfort access works every time...........except when I am carrying a big load of stuff and the waving the foot under the rear does nothing

My comfort access works every time...........except when I am carrying a big load of stuff and the waving the foot under the rear does nothing
There’s a knack to the foot wave - took me a while to master it. I was getting annoyed looking like an idiot in public car parks waggling my foot under the boot with nothing happening so practiced in private till I mastered it lol

I don’t have the foot kick in the RS3, it’s the door handle sensor which does the problems for me unfortunately which is the part you use every single time you go in/out of the car so it drives me nuts to use other doors to lock/unlock it

There’s a knack to the foot wave - took me a while to master it. I was getting annoyed looking like an idiot in public car parks waggling my foot under the boot with nothing happening so practiced in private till I mastered it lol
I was the same. You need to do a kick motion for it to work.

I was the same. You need to do a kick motion for it to work.
Yep, done all that, also the 'normal' tailgate release is a little ''will it won't it'' as well, although all 4 doors work every time, I find it odd that with a powered tailgate holding the lock button down on the car key does not close the tailgate like it closes windows and pan roof

Yep, done all that, also the 'normal' tailgate release is a little ''will it won't it'' as well, although all 4 doors work every time, I find it odd that with a powered tailgate holding the lock button down on the car key does not close the tailgate like it closes windows and pan roof

It works if you hold the tailgate button down on the fob though.
And the warning beeping is quite funny

It works if you hold the tailgate button down on the fob though.
And the warning beeping is quite funny

Yes the warning beep amused me too!

Funny, when the tailgate beeping starts the dog lowers his head down :)

I'll try the closing with the key button, something new every day isnt there ?

Reactions: 8YARWY