Temperature Gauge on new Astra

smee

Reaction score
Sorry I know its an obscure thread, but I had a new Astra as a rental for the weekend and there was no temperature gauge that I could see. Was I blind or is it that Vauxhall drivers have no requirement to see what temp their cars are running at?

Just had a look on the Vauxhall site (was greated by a discusting beast of a 4x4 type thingy!), and you're right! No temp gauge, just speedo, revs and fuel!

I can only think then, that it must be on the little screen in the middle of the dash???

I reckon it's to do with cost saving, my mother's Honda Jazz doesn't have a temp gauge, but it has a blue light on the dash which goes out when it's upto temp.

They have a light, and it comes on when you are overheating.

Just as sensible as the impossible to cancel indicators.

funny 1 for you, I had a breakdown in g/f company car (brand new vectra sri) and when the AA man came out, he said "your parking light is on" i replied "oh yeah I know, you cant turn it off without putting the ignition on" so he said "yeah you can... look" and he tried to turn it off my moving the stalk the other direction, which then switched the other side on instead. to which I replied "told you" truly a **** design.