Temperature in cabin, when on hot

Audi-Guy

Reaction score
Good morning,
Does anybody know what the temp should be in cabin when car fully warned up? I seem to be getting 40-45C, I am pretty sure it used to be higher than that, which makes me think it might be blocked slight.

I am getting intermittent overheating and think this might be the cause.

Kind regards
AG

When you say in the cabin, do you actually mean the coolant dial is showing 40-45 on the cluster, if so, then I'd be looking at thermostat, but 1st check all engine bay coolant pipes to see if its circulating, if some hot others cold, after a good run, then it has to be blocked, check the reservoir return pipe for running coolant.

I mean from heater inside car. I use a temp gun, thermostat has been changed six months ago and been fine so doubt its that.

Ive checked what pipes I can (not actually sure which ones are coolant ones tbh) all seem OK. Car gets upto temp after 3ish miles so seems fine, no coolant loss, occasionally temp guage goes up after 30/40mins driving then goes back to normal. I've tried bleeding to get air out, didn't seem to be any as coolant didn't go down

Temp gauge should hold at 90 tbh, so fluctuations are showing an issue, could be the heater matrix, 40-45c in the cabin is far too warm, the climate only goes to 28c, its a sweat box.

Are you sure you dont mean Fahrenheit not Celsius, you do realise how hot 40-45 c is, I once sat in my aircon car in cape town in 49c summer, trust me it was unbearable, I think you're confused about the F & C tbh.

It's a 2010 plate so no digital controls, just turn it up, when on full fan and heat it was 45ish degree C or also checked in F it was just under 120. So either temp gun not working or that's correct. What temp should I be looking at?, as I'm sure I've had it 70c before I had this problem.

Digital climate control was around a long time before 2010 on the 8P chassis, so thats a mute point.

Either this is a windup or your naming of things is incorrect, no way you had 70C inside the car.

Reactions: abmat
OK so, I didn't know car has digital control before then, mine is just a turn knob thing, hot/cold fan 1-5 I think.

This is not a wind up, perhaps the temp gun isn't working correctly, but that's what it says, this is why I asked what was normal for inside car temp when fully hot engine.

I did think that, either way doesn't help with the overheating issue.

Ive read my car heater matrix is designed as part of the coolant system, as if it get blocked or partially blocked then it causes restrictions of coolant around the system?

Need to test the coolant system properly.

Yes with the right tools, knowledge & ability

Can somebody tell me how I get the pipes off the heater matrix? Not much room, do you need a special tool?

Kind regards