Temporarily disable interior alarm?

nothingness

Reaction score
With winter coming sometimes I like to leave my dog in my car for brief moments...like petrol fillups.

On all my A3's this was done with a button hidden on the door trim.

In my B9 A5 this was done via clicking the alarm twice.

On my FL S3 however...I can't find such a button, and clicking the alarm twice doesn't work, as I found out recently when the alarm went off and scared my dog!!!

Any ideas, please? Thanks

I've got A3 8v and there is a button on drivers side door trim to disable it.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

've got A3 8v and there is a button on drivers side door trim to disable it.
Yes, on my 2013 too. A button on the back edge of the driver's door. Press before closing and locking.

The second press on the lock button does have a function though. It deactivates the 'safelock' mechanism so the doors can still be opened from inside the car. I hate mention it, but this is all in the owners manual........

MM

I've got A3 8v and there is a button on drivers side door trim to disable it.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Yes, on my 2013 too. A button on the back edge of the driver's door. Press before closing and locking.

The second press on the lock button does have a function though. It deactivates the 'safelock' mechanism so the doors can still be opened from inside the car. I hate mention it, but this is all in the owners manual........

MM
Yeah, none of this works. No button, either on the inside of the door or where the door locking mechanism is. And the double lock on the remote within 2 seconds does nothing.