Facelift Test Drive & Discount

crazylegscrane

Reaction score
Hi All,

Had an 8P S3 since 2008 currently running APR stage 3 only downside is it's a manual, getting itchy feet now and going to test drive an RS3 Sportback tomorrow to see what they are like. Anyone buying their RS3 their RS3 for cash and not using PCP or dealer finance and if so have you managed to get any discount and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

No discount available really, not for the general public unless you have contacts.

I managed £1000 off plus free Gap insurance and a free service.
Also, as I ordered at the start of July, the dealer configurator wasn't setup properly and the extra £400 for the wider wheels was missed.
There was the usual resistance of "discounts are not available" but I just showed them the price from Broadspeed.com.

I managed £1000 off plus free Gap insurance and a free service.
Also, as I ordered at the start of July, the dealer configurator wasn't setup properly and the extra £400 for the wider wheels was missed.
There was the usual resistance of "discounts are not available" but I just showed them the price from Broadspeed.com.

Are you sure you won't be faced with any price hike for the tax? Audi will still have to pay the extra tax so I'm not sure if you can get away with that one?

Are you sure you won't be faced with any price hike for the tax? Audi will still have to pay the extra tax so I'm not sure if you can get away with that one?

I have a signed contract with the dealer for the fixed price. It is not my mistake.

I have a signed contract with the dealer for the fixed price. It is not my mistake.

I have just realised (after adding the wheels to my spec), they only added the £695 and not the £400 tax!! Wonder if I will get away with it, will make sure I send off my signed order form ASAP.

£1860 off list I got....okish I suppose

How did you get that much off? I thought dealers were unwilling to discount?

There are discounts through drive the deal for example. My problem is I can’t get a PX with a discount on the RS3 so I had to go for the dealer that gives me the best deal on the PX and forget the discount; which is a real shame as that discount of £1800 would allow me to spec all the stuff I can’t budget into my monthly payment now.

There are discounts through drive the deal for example. My problem is I can’t get a PX with a discount on the RS3 so I had to go for the dealer that gives me the best deal on the PX and forget the discount; which is a real shame as that discount of £1800 would allow me to spec all the stuff I can’t budget into my monthly payment now.

Lucky you, I've had neither a good PX price or discount.

I must be lucky...got 31k for present rs with 41k miles on it and managed that discount..dealer not offering it now only had negative of a grand on old car so all good...

Lucky you, I've had neither a good PX price or discount.

LOL - You know I still have a massive deposit to put down to cancel out the negative equity.

I must be lucky...got 31k for present rs with 41k miles on it and managed that discount..dealer not offering it now only had negative of a grand on old car so all good...

How come so much? my one month old S3 Saloon - purchased for £46,000 is valued right now at £31,000 with 3200 miles. Regardless of the negative equity how is your RS3 worth the same as mine with an extra 38,ooo milesish?! Even in the finance details I have based off 20k pa mileage after 4 years the RS3 is worth the same as my S3 (£18k ish).

Reactions: AudiNutta
I wonder what the average discount is based on the country you order it?
Here in Sweden my estimation is that you get around 10% on the final price with extras included.
This is if you buy a low volume RS3. Buying a new A4 you could get around 15%, for example.

But comparing our exchange rate with the pound, yours is way cheaper than what we pay here.

Last edited:
My guess would be that it's based on the basic list price of the car excluding options.

Reactions: Rs1
LOL - You know I still have a massive deposit to put down to cancel out the negative equity.

How come so much? my one month old S3 Saloon - purchased for £46,000 is valued right now at £31,000 with 3200 miles. Regardless of the negative equity how is your RS3 worth the same as mine with an extra 38,ooo milesish?! Even in the finance details I have based off 20k pa mileage after 4 years the RS3 is worth the same as my S3 (£18k ish).
You must be going to wrong dealer...but that's what he offered I snapped his hand off and ordered it for March...so more of car being paid off as well to offset any negative hopefully

I got over 8% discount on the base price, but paid full price for all the options. Works out about 7% overall, which I'm very happy with!

Reactions: Rs1
I got over 8% discount on the base price, but paid full price for all the options. Works out about 7% overall, which I'm very happy with!

I contacted several dealers. The ones that discounted didn't want my current car. And the ones that did didn't give me a discount.

I have a long time until my car even goes to the factory so maybe things will change. At this moment unless one of you guys here know a dealer who will give me a discount and a PX (PM me) then I'm going to wait.

I contacted several dealers. The ones that discounted didn't want my current car. And the ones that did didn't give me a discount.

I have a long time until my car even goes to the factory so maybe things will change. At this moment unless one of you guys here know a dealer who will give me a discount and a PX (PM me) then I'm going to wait.

I told you which dealer to use :p

I told you which dealer to use :p

He wasn't going to give me a discount either... and he didn't call me. Coulsdon is convenient to me as it's close to where I'm based in London. DTD dealer was going to give me an £1800 discount but I'd have to deal with my car myself.

Of course it may well be that I end up selling it privately anyway if the deal ends up being more expensive in which case I could have used the discount but one problem at a time.

I'm going to wait till the week between Christmas and New year like I did with my S3. Got £4k off

Slow trade time, so more likely to give a discount. I'm still humming and harring over buying an RS3 or not. A suitable discount will go someway to making my mind up.

My local dealer is now part of the Lookers group (renowned for no or little discount) so may have to order through Carwow.

I used there price to get discount off my S3, but fear local dealer with have to play ball with group discount strategy.

I'm going to wait till the week between Christmas and New year like I did with my S3. Got £4k off

Slow trade time, so more likely to give a discount. I'm still humming and harring over buying an RS3 or not. A suitable discount will go someway to making my mind up.

My local dealer is now part of the Lookers group (renowned for no or little discount) so may have to order through Carwow.

I used there price to get discount off my S3, but fear local dealer with have to play ball with group discount strategy.
I tried carwow before I went to local Audi and about 6/7 quoted and all were zero discount so will be interesting to see if that has changed as I did it end of July I think it was or early August.

I tried carwow before I went to local Audi and about 6/7 quoted and all were zero discount so will be interesting to see if that has changed as I did it end of July I think it was or early August.

I did a quote last week, most I had from one dealer was £100.

Remember the car has just come out, so hype is still strong. Wait for the dust to settle or when the dealer is having a slow month (like December) and they will be more inclined to discount to hit their targets which is worth more than knocking a few grand off an RS3.

When I went out in the dealers S3 demo car, her exact words were `We don't discount S & RS cars`. Once back and sat in dealer, I held firm and haggled for 40 minutes (with Carwow's prices) with me stating if they match the price today, I'll order today. They cracked before I did.

Burt again, I may have hit them on the right day. This year they maybe don't need discount to hit their targets.

You posted earlier in the other thread that you weren't sure if it was discount or a good PX or a mixture of both.

Pretty hard to determine a % based discount when you have a PX in on the deal. Depends on the margins in your existing car and how much profit they can make on it.

Broadspeed are still only offering a £650 discount on the car.

You posted earlier in the other thread that you weren't sure if it was discount or a good PX or a mixture of both.

Pretty hard to determine a % based discount when you have a PX in on the deal. Depends on the margins in your existing car and how much profit they can make on it.

That was before I got the invoice which showed exactly what they were offering for my S3, and it's all discount on the RS. Dealer's happy for me to sell privately if I choose, so it's not based solely on me trading in the S3. The ROTR price of the car I ordered was £51685, I'm paying £48120. That's £3565 or 6.9% discount.

I've managed to get £3.5k off mine, due end of the month.
I am not tied into my PX either and have been told to try and sell it privately as I will get that little bit more. The only problem is the remaining finance on it, has anyone else sold a car before with over £30k owed? I don't think many people will be comfortable enough, even though they could pay the finance company direct there and then and I could sign the car over?

PM sent
Definitely struggling getting any discount
Nearly as difficult as deciding blue or grey