test drive unlimited

onianbag

Reaction score
just got test drive unlimited for the xbox 360 and after a quick tutorial nipped into the nearest audi dealer and bought my exact spec A3, same colour interior and everythin (3.2Q dsg) it even has sat nav plus - and the rendering of the interior is pretty damn close, even the engine note is quite close - BUT GUESS WHAT IN MANUAL MODE, THE DSG DOESNT CHANGE UP ON THE RED LINE _ BOWFER TAKE NOTE!!!!!!!!!

onianbag said:
just got test drive unlimited for the xbox 360 and after a quick tutorial nipped into the nearest audi dealer and bought my exact spec A3, same colour interior and everythin (3.2Q dsg) it even has sat nav plus - and the rendering of the interior is pretty damn close, even the engine note is quite close - BUT GUESS WHAT IN MANUAL MODE, THE DSG DOESNT CHANGE UP ON THE RED LINE _ BOWFER TAKE NOTE!!!!!!!!!

In the game,or in real life ?
If it's the latter,yours is the first I've heard that doesn't do it.
Other 3.2 owners have reported theirs does.

no, only in the game mate, took me a while to get used to it!!!

Is the a good game for the 360, worth getting, or worth waiting for Forza 2.

its more arcadey and multiplayer focused - i think forza will be more a true driving sim if that makes sense. they do have a nice collection of audi's though!

I think really there is no driving game like Gran tourismo. Its the 400+ cars that do it for me. They need to make a game like that for the 360.. I find these xbox driving games too arcade-ie. Dont get me wrong..Test Drive is the nuts..But not quite enuff choice just yet...And very limited mods.

I've tried driving an A3 3.2 quattro around the Nurburgring in Gran Toursimo.
If they really handle like that,I can only assume the 'ring is surrounded by Audi panel beaters.

Gran tourismo will rock on the PS3 when it finally gets released!! It'll be much better than any driving game on the 360... sorry 360 fans... looks like if you want a real driving game you'll have to spend 350 quid on a real games console!!

wilko said:
Gran tourismo will rock on the PS3 when it finally gets released!! It'll be much better than any driving game on the 360... sorry 360 fans... looks like if you want a real driving game you'll have to spend 350 quid on a real games console!!

Or wait for Forza 2.

Which isn't available on the PS.:meeting:

Agree with Wilko. Played everything but GT4 is still the Daddy.

Got any pics from the game, onianbag? Would like to see how good the rendering is.

bowfer said:
I've tried driving an A3 3.2 quattro around the Nurburgring in Gran Toursimo.
If they really handle like that,I can only assume the 'ring is surrounded by Audi panel beaters.
Well dunno about the 3.2 but my oilburner understeers like a git. BTW, despite what some GT4 fanatics would have you believe, it's not the slightest bit realistic compared to the real thing.

Don't think I've actually seen an Audi crash at the 'ring yet tbh and smacks of varying degrees are very common. Quite a few Mercs seem to go off including one which lost an entire wheel. Oh, and the last time we were there Sabine had a bump in her ring taxi :)

PHP:
[QUOTE]Well dunno about the 3.2 but my oilburner understeers like a git. BTW, despite what some GT4 fanatics would have you believe, it's not the slightest bit realistic compared to the real thing.

Don't think I've actually seen an Audi crash at the 'ring yet tbh and smacks of varying degrees are very common. Quite a few Mercs seem to go off including one which lost an entire wheel. Oh, and the last time we were there Sabine had a bump in her ring taxi [/QUOTE]
Do any of you guys remember Clarkson , off top gear tried to race round in a Honda NSX, cant remember the track....its the one with the crazy blind left and right bends as you come up a steep long hill climb. He did it both in GT4 and on the real track..(think its one of the yanky tracks, not sure though).
well he couldnt get anywhere near is GT4 time in real life...So the game is still just that, A GAME not quit accurate simulations.