Test drive

Daggerit

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking to come back to the four rings club after being away for just over a year. Previously had a 3.0tdi s-tronic A4 so looking to step up to an S4 when they're released I think...

Anyway, the point of this is that I'm trying to arrange a date for an overnight test drive on a car with the matrix headlights and thought it might be worthwhile taking a video for people. Then I thought it might be nice to take requests for other things too?

So basically, anyone that's not able to get hold of one for the foreseeable future, would you like to see anything and I can stick it on YouTube?

Dan

Dan, i experienced matrix headlights on an A7 BITDI i had last year, they are brilliant :)

Worth the extra cash then? I've asked for the spec but I'm hoping it has the necessary kit so that they work in conjunction with the sat nav as well. :)

Looks like I'm getting it on Monday into Tuesday so get any requests in before then guys!

Worth the extra cash then? I've asked for the spec but I'm hoping it has the necessary kit so that they work in conjunction with the sat nav as well. :)

Looks like I'm getting it on Monday into Tuesday so get any requests in before then guys!
is it the 3.0 tdi 272ps youre borrowing?

I really don't know the engine/transmission combo to be honest. I was set on the 2.0 tfsi with Quattro and s-tronic if the S4 is too expensive so didn't really care for the test drive!

The 3.0 tdi 272ps would be pretty rapid though I'd imagine!

I really don't know the engine/transmission combo to be honest. I was set on the 2.0 tfsi with Quattro and s-tronic if the S4 is too expensive so didn't really care for the test drive!

The 3.0 tdi 272ps would be pretty rapid though I'd imagine!
we had an A6 here for 3 days, and in my Mrs words.. :"its one car id be happy with in standard form".

Its such an improvement over the 245, so smooth and the 7 speed S-tronic box is fantastic.

That's good to know! I'm curious what the 8 speed tiptronic is like as that's all you can get on the A4 with the 272ps...

Got the spec of the test car now:

A4 SE saloon, 2.0tfsi 190ps s-tronic
Virtual cockpit
Audi connect
Driver assist pack
Parking pack advanced
Lighting pack (don't know if that's the LED or ambient)
Matrix LED headlights

I'm assuming it also has the tech pack since you can't have that option without it on the configurator?

Should be good for testing!

Reactions: ABYSS
I am planning to upgrade to an S4 next year from 3.0 tdi.

I did go and look at one in the showroom I think it was fairly basic one but I was a bit underwhelmed by it. It just looked a bit plain. Maybe a higher spec model s line in a better colour will improve things.

It prompted me to have a look at a 340i. The palmed me off with a 335i saying it was the same engine, which it isn't. Quite impressed with the drive but the technology did seem dated. So back to the S4 I think I just hope the higher spec ones are more interesting.

Would be interested to hear what others think. I am in no doubt the interior and technology are class leading just not sure about the looks.

The other issue is that to get all the goodies such as adaptive cruise costs a lot in extras.

The other issue is that to get all the goodies such as adaptive cruise costs a lot in extras.

And there's the scary bit. I priced up a 2.0T FSI Quattro on the Audi configurator and it came to quite a bit more than my B8.5 S4 cost!

And there's the scary bit. I priced up a 2.0T FSI Quattro on the Audi configurator and it came to quite a bit more than my B8.5 S4 cost!

Definitely! I priced up the 250ps s-line with all the things I wanted (basically everything!) and, just like you say, it was the same cost as a B8.5 S4... Oh well, just have to see if I can find any deals when I'm looking to pick up an S4 next year then!

Reactions: scotty76