Test drove a X3 M40i yesterday

Lol but that’s been tinkered with heavily! The noise as standard sounds pants. The B58 from the 1 and 240 sounds way nicer IMO. Also with a res delete, such as the M4, they sound superb.

Agree, but what sounds good as standard nowadays after OPF’s? No RS’s, M’s or AMG’s without fake sound.

I had my B58 M40i backbox modded, didn’t want to go as far as Res delete

Reactions: wab172uk, Audi Bairn, TYb and 1 other person
Agree, but what sounds good as standard nowadays after OPF’s? No RS’s, M’s or AMG’s without fake sound.

Now that sounds like a peach!!!!!! Bet that sounds epic when foots flat to the floor.

M4 just sounds loud, no tone to it at all.

Reactions: NevMan
Curiosity got the better of me today so I called into huddersfield.
I actually preferred the Black one upstairs (I'm a sucker for black) and the coloured interior was a nice touch.
A cracking deal at those prices though but not for me tbh, not really wanting to get into the pcp merry go round. I also prefer my SQ5 at this moment in time.
@wab172uk was yours the one ending UU with sold on the windscreen?

Yeah, Reg ending UU, that's mind :icon thumright:. I'll be sticking my private plate on it when I get the V5 form through,

I never went upstairs TBH, as was only interested in Blue. Can't be doing with Black cars anymore. Look amazing when clean, but it's keeping them clean that's the problem. Did you see the size of the front grill on the 7 series park next to it? How awful did that look?

As for the PCP? Yes, I've always stated on here that PCP is something I'd never do. But using the S3 as the deposit, and being self employed, meant that seeing payments not far over £100 made it a no brainer ....... at the moment. I had plans to just pay the whole thing off next week.

But I might need that money in the New Year for solicitor fee's to stop my late father's GF getting his pension. He's left her his house and all his savings. Yet apparently that's not enough !

Reactions: Chris.D, -Ju-, Bristle Hound and 1 other person

That sound awesome. What did you get done to the back box? I think I want to do the same !

Reactions: Audi Bairn and NevMan
That sound awesome. What did you get done to the back box? I think I want to do the same !

Went to Paul at PCWMods, he is VERY well known and used by this forum (mainly S, RS) as well as the lot over on the BMW forums.

He takes the whole exhaust off, cuts two squares out of the backbox above each of the two pipes, does his magic and welds back up very neatly and cannot he seem from the bottom.

I specified I didn’t want drone and still fairly quiet in comfort mode, but it has a lovely deep sound. Love it

Find him on insta or Facebook or email:

pcwexhaustmods@gmail.com

Reactions: Jassyo06, Adam14, Audi Bairn and 2 others
I had plans to just pay the whole thing off next week.

Can I come work for you? I can make a decent cup of tea or coffee..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: wab172uk, Audi Bairn and NevMan
Can't be doing with Black cars anymore. Look amazing when clean, but it's keeping them clean that's the problem.
I'm pleased to say its not just me then lol

Reactions: pburv, Adam14, Audi Bairn and 2 others
never heard of anyone saying an M4 sounded nice lol. I think they sound dreadful for what they are.

Haha. As a good friend of mine recently said after following an RS3 "that thing sounded broken". The m4 is certainly loud, his exhaust was drowning out my own despite him being 50 yards up the road .

Reactions: Audi Bairn and NevMan
Haha. As a good friend of mine recently said after following an RS3 "that thing sounded broken". The m4 is certainly loud, his exhaust was drowning out my own despite him being 50 yards up the road .

Tad biased but the RS3 sounds so much nicer than the M4, but would say the M4 smashes it out the park in the looks department in the right spec :icon thumright:

Yeah, Reg ending UU, that's mind :icon thumright:. I'll be sticking my private plate on it when I get the V5 form through,

I never went upstairs TBH, as was only interested in Blue. Can't be doing with Black cars anymore. Look amazing when clean, but it's keeping them clean that's the problem. Did you see the size of the front grill on the 7 series park next to it? How awful did that look?

As for the PCP? Yes, I've always stated on here that PCP is something I'd never do. But using the S3 as the deposit, and being self employed, meant that seeing payments not far over £100 made it a no brainer ....... at the moment. I had plans to just pay the whole thing off next week.

But I might need that money in the New Year for solicitor fee's to stop my late father's GF getting his pension. He's left her his house and all his savings. Yet apparently that's not enough !
Yeah that grill on the 7 was urghh, even my son commented on it:puke2:
I've had a few pcp's now and have always ended up coming out of them, just the thought of starting from scratch at the end puts me off.
Like you I'm self employed, the wife doesnt work now either so I choose to keep my options open.
As nice as the X3 M40i is, the finances wouldnt work for me. I'm in a good place with the SQ5 in that regards so I need to keep the blinkers on.
I did see a nice X2 M35i outside that looked tempting though, but the wife may struggle getting out of that.....not that I'm changing mind lol

Reactions: wab172uk, NevMan and Audi Bairn
Tad biased but the RS3 sounds so much nicer than the M4, but would say the M4 smashes it out the park in the looks department in the right spec :icon thumright:

the one he followed may well have been modified