Texting and walking - bad idea...

Cant see the vid at work, but I had a right moan about people texting and walking when I got back into work after the Xmas break, its so annoying, especially when its peak Xmas shopping time, people are all over the place and then you get these plonkers walking with their heads down, bumping into everyone....you dont drive like that do ya!!??!!

you dont drive like that do ya!!??!!

erm... lol just kidding.

i used to be able to text without looking, but you can't do that on an iPhone. that person is a complete idiot tho lol. you've gotta be SERIOUSLY retarded to be that oblivious

I hate texting, its just so much easier to call someone...I know its not always viable, but I prefer it.

I hate texting, its just so much easier to call someone...I know its not always viable, but I prefer it.

not just viability, some ppl just don't shut up lol. it's easier to text them! also you can be getting on with something after you've texted and are waiting for a reply. i hardly ever call ppl, just text

OI....you love my texts....they are usually spelt wrong as its fancy touch screen, which doesnt help!!

I was having this conversation with Tuffty earlier on today.

The problem with texting, and all non verbal communication in general, is that it leaves too much room for interpretation.

With no tones to guide you from a voice, or facial expressions, you can read whatever you want to most of the time. Causes no end of arguments for me at times, where I take something as being sarcastic, when it wasn't meant to be.

I was having this conversation with Tuffty earlier on today.

The problem with texting, and all non verbal communication in general, is that it leaves too much room for interpretation.

With no tones to guide you from a voice, or facial expressions, you can read whatever you want to most of the time. Causes no end of arguments for me at times, where I take something as being sarcastic, when it wasn't meant to be.

totally agree, its like my mrs... shes a wonderful gf but at times can be a right bitch... sometimes when reading a text from her i just imagine "the bitch" and read it all wrong... so i agree calling is much better in terms of good communication but i haver to agree with sub... i normally end up holding the phone in mid air when im on the phone cause 99% of the time its either BS or moaning.. lol Rant over

You can get an app that turns on the camera and allows you to see "right through" the phone while texting, problem solved.

I heard on the radio that she is looking to sue the shopping mall as nobody came to her assistance promptly. :banghead:

Welcome to America!

I love America! Ha. And it's this kind of reason why I've never been, and never will go.

We bought general liability insurance before we even got in the country just in case someone decided to sue us for something.

We bought general liability insurance before we even got in the country just in case someone decided to sue us for something.

Good call on that one! I'm sure it's not quite as bad as my sweeping statement, but their attitude to sue'ing anyone and everything frustrates me. It seems like a society where everything is always someone else's fault.