Q5 TFSI E Q5 experiences

Mkay315

Reaction score
Hey guys

I thought about creating this post for people that have a Q5 hybrid.

To all those that has the hybrid Q5, how regularly do you have to charge your battery to get it to a full charge and also do you drive with both the EV and Petrol mode or strictly Petrol or strictly EV.

Last question is what is the average mpg you get from driving your own hybrids.

My reason for this is because I'm thinking for the future for my next car. (I currently have an A4 at the moment as some of you on the forum would be aware of). At the moment I'm leaning more towards hybrid first before going electric in the future. I was also thinking of the A6 but recent complaints about the quality has slyly put me off it.

Thanks

Hey all

Just coming back to this thread again. Does anyone have a Q5 hybrid?

I'd be interested in this also if anyone has one, getting an A6 but it uses all the same tech ..

Hey all

Just coming back to this thread again. Does anyone have a Q5 hybrid?
I’m one month in. I can drive to work and back on one charge. Generally, if I know I am going to exceed the battery range, I use sport mode which kicks in gas motor sooner. At 1000 miles still on first tank. I charge whenever I get home.

Reactions: NevMan, TSFIe and Mkay315
I’m one month in. I can drive to work and back on one charge. Generally, if I know I am going to exceed the battery range, I use sport mode which kicks in gas motor sooner. At 1000 miles still on first tank. I charge whenever I get home.
That's very helpful to know. I may look to get a Q5 hybrid in a few years before going full electric. What trim do you have out of curiosity?

Good to know, are you fully charging / discharging the batteries to 100% - 0% and using battery as much as possible if the journey is < 40 miles ?

Good to know, are you fully charging / discharging the batteries to 100% - 0% and using battery as much as possible if the journey is < 40 miles ?
I don’t think you look at the battery the same way as with a fully electric vehicle. If you used software, you could limit the charging. I believe that when you charge to 100%, you aren’t charging to 100% of the battery capacity. In other words, the top and bottom ends of the battery capacity are already set aside. Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: TSFIe
I should be picking my one up in the next couple of weeks. il report back.

Reactions: TSFIe and Mkay315
I don’t think you look at the battery the same way as with a fully electric vehicle. If you used software, you could limit the charging. I believe that when you charge to 100%, you aren’t charging to 100% of the battery capacity. In other words, the top and bottom ends of the battery capacity are already set aside. Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong.
I had 2 Lexus Hybrid models in the past and it’s exactly this, the capacity shown isn’t the capacity of the battery, the software is extremely sophisticated and manages the use. I began trying to eek out battery use and trying to fill it etc, in the end just drove it and let it deal with it itself.

Reactions: NevMan
Morning guys

I thought I'd revive this thread again. Does anyone know the depreciation rate for a Q5 hybrid as mentioned earlier in this thread I am contemplating getting one before going full electric in the future?

Many thanks

Look up on Autotrader to see the current prices and discounts of new and nearly new. Hybrid Q5’s are pretty new still and Autotrader is effectively setting the market price nowadays. You should be able to judge the kind of depreciation to be seen on models, but watch as currently used prices generally are higher than they were as are new prices and discounts on some
Models are a lot less.

Reactions: Mkay315
Look up on Autotrader to see the current prices and discounts of new and nearly new. Hybrid Q5’s are pretty new still and Autotrader is effectively setting the market price nowadays. You should be able to judge the kind of depreciation to be seen on models, but watch as currently used prices generally are higher than they were as are new prices and discounts on some
Models are a lot less.
I know given the way loads of people are panicking over the ULEZ kicking in around October which has driven the petrol prices up. I'll most definitely keep an eye out