The 1200 miles done observations

G

gokiwi64

So having now done 1200 miles in FrankenAudi I can say the following.

1. Comfort - I am an incredibly light weight 18 stoner and find the seat easily adjustable and comfortable.
2. DSG gearbox in normal drive there is a lack of take up between where the throttle is to when it starts moving so that you get a lurch when pulling away.
3. Definitely better economy running on 97 octane, in fact its a difference of approx. 30 miles per tank.
4. Not sure if its the tyres (Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric II's) but at around 65mph there is an awful drone.
5. Radio is okay but need MP3/DAB
6. After 14 years there are absolutely no rattles, squeaks or creaks in the cabin.
7. DSG is actually easy to use (unless you forget to shift down at the lights !!)

Still enjoying it though and still working my way through the faults and have several upgrades planned.

Reactions: HHS3
7... Mine shifts down at the lights when in manual mode, i'm sure of it

Your no2, I and some others with dsg have a bit of lag starting off but only on the first drive of the day when cold. At all other times it's ok.

4. put some silent sheets in doors?, and probably the ratio of wheel and tyre, also kind of asphalt you driving on is important
5. on eaby is plenty of fake cd changers to use aux, usb sticks with mp3 songs xD

4. The A12 in Essex brings out the worst in any car , just have to drive at 80 instead :). But yes points taken
5. Contemplating swapping head units , plenty of cheap MP3 single din units knocking around. Actually just enjoying the induction noise (short intake with cone filter) at the moment.

2. Yeah paid more attention tonight and when its warm its so much better.
7. Yeah it does auto down shift :)

4.If you don't mind, but actually the original one is pretty good TBH, is shame let it go (at least for me) and with device for around 30£ I think is worth it, also if you want the aftermarket one, you need fascia and adaptors.
2. Is probably caused by gearbox oil viscosity on cold and operating temp.

Yes mine shifts to 1st in manual mode itself