The best exhaust sound you've heard

plasticpenguin

Reaction score
Never mind Ferrari, Porsche, Lambos....

The greatest exhaust note I've ever heard is a TVR. Sounds like thunder.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
My RS3 with the factory sport exhaust!!!!. Started it up the other day in the petrol station next to a Nissan GTR, mine was louder!!.

Followed a Hyundai i30N Performance the other day. Absolute madness from a standard exhaust !

DB6 Volante exhaust note , really is something to behold and its not just the sound of it, the vibrations you feel are something else....

having had first hand experience of one ,this vid clip is quiet, they are loud in the flesh.

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro
Vauxhall Monaro (5l v8?) which must have had some work done, flew past me and sounded like rolling thunder!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01
I still have a fondness for this:

Well I would, wouldn't I... :yahoo:

Let's get a couple of our own in here as a nice thread resurrection!

Don't be too underwhelmed at first with this one as the valves are shut first go.

Then the classic GoTTzilla from 2006!

My first car, little Metro 1984 while travelling to have a new exhaust fitted due to a hole.
Well I thought it sounded good :racer:

Reactions: CHEZ
Got to say a Golf R32 with an aftermarket exhaust has a pretty good note to it.

Reactions: FBF01
Coming back on the M4 from London some time in 2015 a blue car pulled in front of me and then gave me a 20 minute demonstration of what exhaust sound was...

This exact car (M1XYS)

1920px-2003_Pagani_Zonda_C12_S_7.3_Front.jpg

N/A V12 7.0 iirc. The exhaust was so loud it was resonating my earlobes as well as the cabin of my then a3 2.0 tdi. I flashed him and gave him the thumbs up, and as a good sport he did a few pulls in different gears, despite being on the M4 on a Thursday afternoon. One of which, when he let off, a massive flame shot out of the 4 exhausts.

Will never forget that. Made all my hairs stand up hah

Thanks M1XYS if you ever read this (doubtful).

Got to say a Porsche Carrera GT :Black B7: with an aftermarket exhaust has a pretty good note to it and it makes really good sounds