The cure at glastonbury.....

Phil Angel

Reaction score
Anyone else watching this......simply awsome.....great songs, great musicians,great performance.....nuff said.

I once saw the Cure live and they played next to no hits so the casual listener who doesn't own every album (that'll be me then) didn't know anything they played. For that reason I'm going to rate them as rubbish!

so even though you dont know the songs, there was nothing to appreciate in the music they played??? Lol

They were dreary. I didn't specifically go to see them as it was a sort of one day festival type thing but they were headlining so I took the opportunity to beat the queues back to the train station and effed off halfway through!

Reactions: Phil Angel
I started listening to The Cure again the last year or so, I’ve been finding it difficult to find some new music, this is down to age I’m sure. I think they are great live and enjoyed the Glastonbury set.

Reactions: Phil Angel
At last....,someone who appreciates the Cure...........must be an age thing....none of the new music does anything for me...the cure made it big when I was in my teens so been listening to them for a few years now......more than I care to think about....lol

Reactions: Dunedin
I look forward to watching Glastonbury, but for some reason I didn’t watch much this year?

From reading this thread I watched this on YouTube, and thought this sounds great live..

I was listening and buying music around the time The Cure was charting, but need to think hard what hits they had? Friday I’m in love... that’s all I can remember

So I can understand why @simonali don’t know any of the songs off their play list. :)

On a different note..

This was a fantastic moment from Glasto.. I’ve seen this format done by many bands/ artists, but when it works, it’s works well.

Reactions: Dunedin and Phil Angel
Heard good things about the Janelle Monae set but not watched it.