The dreaded eml

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Well first time in this car in 2 and a half years I might have a problem. Went to Asda come out and eml didn’t go off

hopefully it’s to do with the service due in 1600 or adblue low 350 miles

am I right I thinking it isn’t too serious if it hasn’t told me to stop car straight away ? As I need it for 2 hospital appointments tomorrow one for my son and one for me.

the n75 valve ( I think it’s called ) the one that controls boost has been making noises when the car is turned off for some time now so could be this. Hope so anyways as I can fix this my self.

will the Carista app be able to pull the codes stored and point me in the right direction ?

Plugged in Carista this morning around 15 faults come up. so reset them all as they were all related to mmi and doors etc the light has gone out will go for a drive soon and see if it comes back on.

on the app it didn’t connect to the engine so I’m guessing as the lights gone out after resetting the codes that were there it wasn’t engine related ? Also gearbox showed no faults so im hoping it doesnt come back

Plugged in Carista this morning around 15 faults come up. so reset them all as they were all related to mmi and doors etc the light has gone out will go for a drive soon and see if it comes back on.

on the app it didn’t connect to the engine so I’m guessing as the lights gone out after resetting the codes that were there it wasn’t engine related ? Also gearbox showed no faults so im hoping it doesnt come back
Let us know after the drive.

Well been out for a drive done 30 miles heavy acceleration etc light hasn’t come back on

the car did regen so I’m thinking it’s maybe wanted to do one as I turned it off to go into Asda and took a fit hopefully that’s the end.

Well lights come back on wirh a engine code.
code is 09645 but doesn’t stats anything else.
anyone got any ideas ?

Attachments

• D985491A-DC6C-4BDC-BFA5-457A4881D88E.png
    D985491A-DC6C-4BDC-BFA5-457A4881D88E.png
    274.8 KB · Views: 70
Interesting that nothing shows up. I'm assuming the underlined 09645 isn't clickable and linkd to something?

I looked here: http://dtcsearch.planetvag.com/

Are you close to Wisbech as I could VCDS scan for you?
It just takes me to google just Going through posts trying to find something And thanks for the offer but I’m about 5 hours away

Just found this. 9645 maybe the same as he’s only missing the 0? Would this refer to adblue. i have the warning on 350 miles left could this be possible ?

Attachments

• 43239AFC-FB7E-4574-946E-F16C58878475.png
    43239AFC-FB7E-4574-946E-F16C58878475.png
    376.1 KB · Views: 77
Just found this. 9645 maybe the same as he’s only missing the 0? Would this refer to adblue. i have the warning on 350 miles left could this be possible ?
Looks plausible that it has something to do with the adblue system, but whether it's that P code is another matter for someone more experienced. Try topping the system up, however, an EML seems excessive for a low ad blue level...

Looks plausible that it has something to do with the adblue system, but whether it's that P code is another matter for someone more experienced. Try topping the system up, however, an EML seems excessive for a low ad blue level...
Gonna go Chuck 20 quid in and clear code see if it comes back. It’s obviously intermittent as I’ve done around 50 miles and it’s not come back on until now.

ill obvs get someone with a proper computer to have a look.
I can also try reading live data if the Carista dongle shows this

am I correct in saying the pump isn’t separate and it’s all one unit ?

Gonna go Chuck 20 quid in and clear code see if it comes back. It’s obviously intermittent as I’ve done around 50 miles and it’s not come back on until now.

ill obvs get someone with a proper computer to have a look.
I can also try reading live data if the Carista dongle shows this

am I correct in saying the pump isn’t separate and it’s all one unit ?
Perhaps it's a low level and the pump is struggling to pick up adblue around some corners or under some acceleration/decceleration styles?

Screenshot 2021 10 17 at 130525 1

The above is for my car (2019 B9 2.0 TDI 190 PS Quattro) but it states the pump (14) is no replaceable. The yellow parts are £890.

Perhaps it's a low level and the pump is struggling to pick up adblue around some corners or under some acceleration/decceleration styles?

View attachment 244583

The above is for my car (2019 B9 2.0 TDI 190 PS Quattro) but it states the pump (14) is no replaceable. The yellow parts are £890.

it’s always possible. I’ve chucked some in and reset it. See how it goes. will report back in a day or so

my van renault trafic was over due its service and i got a warning light for adblue (during lockdown)i couldnt get it serviced but the dealer did say it was because of the oils viscosity so i topped up the oil and the light went off

Just a update for everyone

light hasn’t come back on and I’ve been out almost everyday just not too far with me being off work

hopefully it was just a very low amount of adblue causing the lack of pressure.

Reactions: DyslexicDog