The Dreaded Phone Holder!

Farhan

Reaction score
Right all one little thing im looking at changing is the dreaded standard audi phone holder.

Im not bothered about Bluetooth connectivity but its bugging me just sitting there, I have an iphone4 and plan to hold onto it for a while so i was thinking if theres a universal cradle anyone has managed to bolt on just to even hold the phone?

I would rather put it to use and hold my phone there than it just be some thing hanging off the dash.

Had a look through some threads but most seem to be concerned about bluetooth connectivity.

I know Audi sell one but i dont want to pay £100 for the bluetooth, i would rather just something to hold my phone on that cradle.

I tried pairing but nothing came up, Im more concerned about making use of that cradle now lol

EDIT EDIT
just went out and paired it and it worked woohoo!

now just need to find a cradle for my phone! any ideas ? Im not bothered about charging either just want something to hold my phone now.

Thats great. I think I have a similar phone holder on my car and not even thought about paring ot via bluetooth. Didnt even think that would work.

Will give it a shot tomorrow. Am guessin the functionality will go once I stick in my new sat nav system

Brodit do a good range of Pro Clip Brackets and phone holders.

They do them to suit Iphone4 with or without bumper.

Brodit.se

Search for iphone

EDIT EDIT
just went out and paired it and it worked woohoo!

now just need to find a cradle for my phone! any ideas ? Im not bothered about charging either just want something to hold my phone now.

Nice one!!

I don't think there is a cradle that will fit the audi kit for an iphone4.
I asked at the dealers a while back and the guy told me not to hold my breath for one.

Will have a look on brodit to even retro fit it to my current cradle!

It works like a charm i just called the house phone and spoke to my sister LOL.

Pretty suprised as i had a Alpine KCE-400BT in my t-sport and that wouldnt pair amazingly well with my iphone 4 kept having issues, This hooked up no problem searched on the phone found Audi HSC something connected, PIN: 1234 done!

Mike give it a try im pretty sure it should hook up via bluetooth no problem as when i was looking for compatibility on the iphone4 it was bleak, The only decent car kit that actually worked was the tom tom one.

Even the latest alpine bluetooth module i had suffered with issues.

Dont tell me the double posting issues is back on the site or did you click post reply twice?

oops sorry dude, my connection was being a bit funny so on both occasions i hit post quick reply twice as it stopped loading for a good few seconds, but im not sure on how to delete the duplicate messages.

Last edited:
No need to apologise, there was a system issue while back where it double posted, hence my question, if you click edit on your message then has delete option. :)

Well had a look at brodit and i cant see anything being able to fit ontop of the original cradle or in place. If i was to remove the cradle and reattach my own would this be possible and still keep the bluetooth running?