The first major clean.

Brasso

Reaction score
Before I got the car I was thinking do I get it detailed or do it myself and eventually decided I'd do it myself.

So after two weeks of ownership and decent weather this weekend I got the chance. I had splashed out on some new products so thought I'd give them a try.

I was planning on getting it all done in one day but not having a garage to work in that's big enough it was sun dependant. Just my luck bright sunshine at 11am when it was forecast to be cloudy oh well it'll be a two day detail then.

Day 1
IMG 0623

Before
IMG 0581

First on with W6 Iron and General fall out remover, and some bug remover to soften up the bugs on the front of the car, not too much Iron but than I've only cover about 550 mile in the 14 days I have had the car.
IMG 0583

Bugs where another matter they were epoxied to the screen.

IMG 0584

Next onto with the washing Tried out the W4 Citrus Foam, first time using it but wasn't happy with he foaminess so on with my usual ultimate snow foam.

IMG 0586

IMG 0591

Rinsed off with the jet wash and then onto two bucket wash with some Gyeon Bathe, not used it before but was impressed.

IMG 0593

Rinsed again with Jet wash and then filtered water to avoid watermarks

IMG 0596

I had been bought a car drier so thought I'd give it a go and was really pleased how it got all of the water out of panel gaps and the majority off the bodywork. Just left a little which I left to air dry, to try to avoid touching the paintwork as much as possible.

IMG 0599
IMG 0608

Next onto the exhaust tips which came reasonable clean with just a wash. The M1 metal polish worked wonders. Back to nice and shiny.

IMG 0622

At this point it was full sunshine and hardly a cloud in the sky so I abandoned my plan to apply C1 and Exo. and just chose to clay the wheels ready to application of C5 tyre armour, but the wife had other ideas and wanted to go out. So finished claying the wheels and rinsed. And gave the wife's car a quick wash and rinse and went out in her car for the rest of the afternoon.

Day 2
So weather forecast on Saturday night looked more promising but when I woke up it was bright sunshine and not a cloud in the sky. Fortunately the driveway has partial shade. so thought I'd crack on as cloud was forecast later in the day.

IMG 0630

Started with a very light wipe over to remove any dust, and then onto panel wipe ready for the C1 had to move the car round to the front of the house so it was out of the direct sun just to finish of the roof. I had not used C1 before but found it very easy to apply and removed, went heavy on the microfiber wiping it off but pleased with the result. (sorry poor quality IPhone photo).

IMG 0612

Next onto the wheels time for the C5 tyre Armour, found this harder to apply as you could not see where you had put it on, hopefully done a good job though. And then wait for 4 hours, Fortunately the driveway was in the shade so then on with two coats of Exo2. Really easy to apply on top of the C1.

IMG 0627

IMG 0636

Onto the interior, leather protector on the seats and some I1 smart fabric on the carpets, mats and rear seat backs, then ran out so the boot carpet will get done next time.

Change the plates over for the Ultratek ones. The old ones had a huge amount of tape holding them on but they came off eventually.

IMG 0645
IMG 0648

Last job was the tyres where I used some T2 Tyre dressing. And the finished result. Just need to let it cure and I'll do some beading photos.

Really pleased with the results, now just have to see how it holds up

IMG 0652

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    809.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 279
Reactions: Duggy72, Bristle Hound, Simon L and 3 others
Very nice...looks very similar to mine! Apart from the 19" wheels, LED lights, adaptive cruise, etc, etc!! Some spec there mate!!

I put some C5 wheel armour sealant on mine. I removed the wheels to do it and at the same time put some hammerite smooth silver on the hubs before they go rusty! I also put a wee dab of copper grease on the hub centres to stop the wheels from rusting in position.

Also applied some L1 leather sealant to help prevent dye transfer onto my silver seats!

Bodywork wise, all I have done is claybar and then two coats of collinite......very impressed with the way sepang blue looks "in the metal"...

Oh, why change your plates?? Looks pretty much the same to me?

Last edited:
Oh, why change your plates?? Looks pretty much the same to me?

Wanted to get rid the lip at the bottom of them. Much prefer the ultratek ones.

Reactions: The Challinor
Air Dryer?! I like the sound of that! How much was it?

I wish I could filter the water, I'm always drying off my car and getting water marks that won't dissapear when I wipe over with my microfibre towels, lucky i've got a white car so it cannot be noticed as much. Still, it's annoying. Just to ask - how are you filtering the water? I've not heard of that before.

Wow, good job! If you fancy coming round and applying the same products to mine then you're more than welcome.... ;)

Reactions: Brasso
Great work mate car looks immense well done,ya jammy sod with the weather its been ******* down up here in Glasgow, 8 frickin degrees........couldnt even clean my front seats today barr getting the inside soaked

The results are incredible!

Air Dryer?! I like the sound of that! How much was it?

I wish I could filter the water, I'm always drying off my car and getting water marks that won't dissapear when I wipe over with my microfibre towels, lucky i've got a white car so it cannot be noticed as much. Still, it's annoying. Just to ask - how are you filtering the water? I've not heard of that before.

The dryer is a Metro Vac Air Force dryer. It was £195.00 it came from Polished Bliss. it was a good present.

The water filter is an Aquagleam 30" unit. I got one of the longer ones so it lasts a bit longer. Think it does something like 50 rinses so should last me about a year using it on two cars every other weekend.

Reactions: J4MMYz
Car looking awesome. Worth all the hard work. :) x

Ultimate Snowfoam is my all time fave.but never l have i seen it foam like that?did you use it undiulted? UF where out of stock of it last week,so l got Super Snowfoam from CYC....Good stuff but not a 100% convinced with its cleaning power compared to UF's stuff

Ultimate Snowfoam is my all time fave.but never l have i seen it foam like that?did you use it undiulted? UF where out of stock of it last week,so l got Super Snowfoam from CYC....Good stuff but not a 100% convinced with its cleaning power compared to UF's stuff

No wasn't neat, if I do that I end up with foam about an inch thick. it was diluted with very warm but not hot water. I mix it in a jug with the water and then put it in the foam bottle. I use it with an Auto Bright heavy duty lance.

Before I got the car I was thinking do I get it detailed or do it myself and eventually decided I'd do it myself.

So after two weeks of ownership and decent weather this weekend I got the chance. I had splashed out on some new products so thought I'd give them a try.

I was planning on getting it all done in one day but not having a garage to work in that's big enough it was sun dependant. Just my luck bright sunshine at 11am when it was forecast to be cloudy oh well it'll be a two day detail then.

Day 1
View attachment 58693

Before
View attachment 58696

First on with W6 Iron and General fall out remover, and some bug remover to soften up the bugs on the front of the car, not too much Iron but than I've only cover about 550 mile in the 14 days I have had the car.
View attachment 58694

Bugs where another matter they were epoxied to the screen.

View attachment 58695

Next onto with the washing Tried out the W4 Citrus Foam, first time using it but wasn't happy with he foaminess so on with my usual ultimate snow foam.

View attachment 58697

View attachment 58698

Rinsed off with the jet wash and then onto two bucket wash with some Gyeon Bathe, not used it before but was impressed.

View attachment 58699

Rinsed again with Jet wash and then filtered water to avoid watermarks

View attachment 58700

I had been bought a car drier so thought I'd give it a go and was really pleased how it got all of the water out of panel gaps and the majority off the bodywork. Just left a little which I left to air dry, to try to avoid touching the paintwork as much as possible.

View attachment 58701 View attachment 58703

Next onto the exhaust tips which came reasonable clean with just a wash. The M1 metal polish worked wonders. Back to nice and shiny.

View attachment 58704

At this point it was full sunshine and hardly a cloud in the sky so I abandoned my plan to apply C1 and Exo. and just chose to clay the wheels ready to application of C5 tyre armour, but the wife had other ideas and wanted to go out. So finished claying the wheels and rinsed. And gave the wife's car a quick wash and rinse and went out in her car for the rest of the afternoon.

Day 2
So weather forecast on Saturday night looked more promising but when I woke up it was bright sunshine and not a cloud in the sky. Fortunately the driveway has partial shade. so thought I'd crack on as cloud was forecast later in the day.

View attachment 58716

Started with a very light wipe over to remove any dust, and then onto panel wipe ready for the C1 had to move the car round to the front of the house so it was out of the direct sun just to finish of the roof. I had not used C1 before but found it very easy to apply and removed, went heavy on the microfiber wiping it off but pleased with the result. (sorry poor quality IPhone photo).

View attachment 58705

Next onto the wheels time for the C5 tyre Armour, found this harder to apply as you could not see where you had put it on, hopefully done a good job though. And then wait for 4 hours, Fortunately the driveway was in the shade so then on with two coats of Exo2. Really easy to apply on top of the C1.

View attachment 58709

View attachment 58710

Onto the interior, leather protector on the seats and some I1 smart fabric on the carpets, mats and rear seat backs, then ran out so the boot carpet will get done next time.

Change the plates over for the Ultratek ones. The old ones had a huge amount of tape holding them on but they came off eventually.

View attachment 58712 View attachment 58713

Last job was the tyres where I used some T2 Tyre dressing. And the finished result. Just need to let it cure and I'll do some beading photos.

Really pleased with the results, now just have to see how it holds up

View attachment 58714
@Brasso - Great job. Some hard work has gone into that! :thumbs up:

Rather like that colour too ... ;):D

Very nice there.

I'm always sceptical of a two day detail, becuase I'd be worried about scratching the paintwork (even with minor dust particles that build up over time). Is this just my OCDness?

Very nice there.

I'm always sceptical of a two day detail, becuase I'd be worried about scratching the paintwork (even with minor dust particles that build up over time). Is this just my OCDness?

No you're right. I had wanted to do it in one day for just that reason.

To be honest I was worried about the 4 hours between coatings anyway as I have no indoor space. I did look to see if I could rent something suitable for a few days but I couldn't find anything suitable at a price I was willing to pay. It would have ended up being cheaper for me to get it professionally done.

I suspect after a year of washing I'll end up with some marks regardless of how careful I am so I'll machine polish at that point and then on with some new coatings.

Hey Brasso,could you itemise your list of car cleaning products and there use and where you got them from,cant get a hold of the guy who was supposed to be detailing my car and clean your car have limited stock of gtecniq kits most are full of interior protection of which don't need.
James

Hey Brasso,could you itemise your list of car cleaning products and there use and where you got them from,cant get a hold of the guy who was supposed to be detailing my car and clean your car have limited stock of gtecniq kits most are full of interior protection of which don't need.
James

I'll get on it when I get home this evening. Be about 8pm tonight.

Reactions: Jassyo06
As requested the stuff I used on the detail.
- Gtechniq W6 Iron and general fallout remover - wheels and lower sides
- Gtechniq W8 Bug remover - windscreen, bumper, light clusters
- Gtechniq W4 Citrus Foam - Prewash but not much foam ( may have been how I mixed it)
- Ultimate Snow foam. - Prewash, loads of foam
- Gyeon Q2M bathe - two bucket wash method. And wheels with a fresh buckets afterwards
- Gtechniq Panel Wipe - wipe down to ensure bond with C1
- Gtechniq C1 crystal lacquer. - Paint protection
- Gtechniq Exo v2 - paint protection wet gloss look.
- Gtechniq C5 wheel armour - alloy protection
- Gtechniq G6 prefect glass - windows/ lights
- Gtechniq I1 smart fabric. Water repellency for cartels and mats
- Gtechniq L1 leather protector.
- Gtechniq M1 - metal polish for exhaust tips.
- Gtechniq T2 tyre dressing

Most of it was bought over time from ultimate finish/ polished bliss/ clean your car. The Gyeon Bathe was free when I ordered some other stuff from Ultimate finish.

Still to apply
- Gyeon Q2 view - window water repellency for front and back screen. I might use the q2 view on side windows but if I don't will be using G5 glass water repellant. I don't use G5 on the front screen as I find it wears off too quickly. Have used G1/G4 glass kit in the past and found it was good but I wanted to try something different.

- Gtechniq C4 permanent trim restorer.
- C6 Matt dash for the interior.

I also used some of the Gtechniq W2 universal cleaner as a Prewash for my microfibres and glass cloths prior to washing in machine with delicates liquid and half a draw of white vinegar in the conditioner draw ( don't tell the wife). But cloths come out nice and soft and as good as new.

Wash mitt was a microfibres madness incredimitt for bodywork and a mega lambs wool wash mitt for the wheels.

The seat leather didn't need cleaning but if I had I would have used valet pro leather soap and the vault pro leather "brush for life" prior to applying the L1.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Jassyo06
Well l tried and did apply C1 to my car today "Just the front wings/bonnet/front bumper,l found it awkward with them little pad applicators "Only 5" "Crap Flimsy" "the speed of application" worrying it would crystalise on areas/panels accidently touched,using too many microfibre cloths to remove residue..1 for panel wipe,1 for first removal of C1,then another TOO MAKE SURE all C1 was removed,too much hard work.

Not a fan,l used Werkstat on my last car, far easier in application and lasts as long,l wont be finishing the rest of the car with this.