Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

I'm liking the Ara. If my backs up to the detailing of it in 18 months then it may be specced on the next A3.

Ara nope av seen it,it's just too plain looking,ie one dimensional and will be common as....even Seat have it on the Leon but it's renamed Alor blue

Screenshot 20160909 095252

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Scottyg, SW14NY'S and 2 others
When in the build process is the car issued a VIN number and when should I expect to see it in Your Audi (tracker).

Sounds to me like the guy on this forum who managed to have Audi to agree to paint his FL S3 in Sepang Blue because he had ordered a PFL and it was cancelled or something. So probably something similar.
Got my anorak on and called Lake District Audi to ask how she got Nogaro Blue on her FL S3 and basically they said she had been waiting a long time for her PFL S3 which was delayed, etc, ... and she really wanted that colour on her FL S3 so Audi did her a favour (lucky girl!) but yeah exclusive colours on S3 still not available for the peasants...

Reactions: Daytonapig, TDI-line, Rob2k68 and 3 others
Got my anorak on and called Lake District Audi to ask how she got Nogaro Blue on her FL S3 and basically they said she had been waiting a long time for her PFL S3 which was delayed, etc, ... and she really wanted that colour on her FL S3 so Audi did her a favour (lucky girl!) but yeah exclusive colours on S3 still not available for the peasants...
If it's any consolation Nogaro blue is definitely one colour that doesn't suit a chrome grill.....mandatory black styling package with it

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68, batch and 4 others

Nice bit of detective work there @SpeedyFrog !!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
Does anyone know what the exhaust note is like on the 1.4 TSI ? I have a 1.8 TFSI 8P at the moment and whilst it's not S3 with Milltek it has a nice kind of rasp to it and is enough for me. Thinking of ordering a new car and FL A3 is on my list but with the options I want it looks like I can only afford the 1.4.

I'm liking the Ara. If my backs up to the detailing of it in 18 months then it may be specced on the next A3.
Is Ara already available? Do you know at what price?

Enviado desde mi OnePlus mediante Tapatalk

Once it's passed QC. Well that's when I got mine.
Thanks!

Strangely my BW37 jumped from in the 'Panel shop' yesterday to its passed QC and 'It has left Ingolstadt' today. I thought it was an error at first but it also has a VIN number which I find odd as your experiance is the same as mine (albeit mine is very limited).

Last edited:
Not yet on A3. Hopefully within 18 months.

Within 18 months??!!?? Wow...

In the French configurator, Ara paint is already available on A3. In Spain, it will be available for orders by the end of September, but its price is not known at the moment.

I've been informed that Audi will begin the production of A3 in Blue Ara on week 45 (2nd week of November).

Last edited:
Reactions: TDI-line
Has anyone saw the S3 with the black styling package on it......youtube..,,wize 1972.....looks rather good

Reactions: pburv

When Ara is available I would expect it to cost £775.00 as it is a crystal colour the same as Panther black, which is an S3 colour.

Reactions: DavidFB
Within 18 months??!!?? Wow...

In the French configurator, Ara paint is already available on A3. In Spain, it will be available for orders by the end of September, but its price is not known at the moment.

I've been informed that Audi will begin the production of A3 in Blue Ara on week 45 (2nd week of November).

What I meant was, I hope it is within 18 months as that's when I'll be ordering. Its not on the UK configuration yet for the A3 SB.

Reactions: Rob2k68
What I meant was, I hope it is within 18 months as that's when I'll be ordering. Its not on the UK configuration yet for the A3 SB.
View attachment 102781

Audi UK sometimes make odd decisions in terms of what options are made available to customers. In Germany you can specify Apple CarPlay on the TT, but no sign yet of them offering it in the UK.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Scottyg

I emailed Audi UK today to get a release date for uk orders.
Ara Blue Your latest advertisement in Auto Express for the A3 quotes that Ara Blue will be available to order later in the year on Sportback model. Approx. when should this be from and is it confirmed for Sportback variant?

Code C8N Rotor alloys are a factory option in Germany for quattro models only.

Is there any plan to offer this in the UK or could a request to factory be made to replace sline standard offering for the above + premium cost as in Germany?

Code 4 ZD Optikpaket know in UK as Black pack for grill, window surrounds etc. Is there a plan to offer this in UK too?

Reactions: TDI-line and davemk
As has been said thousands of times on here before the Black Styling Pack....will appear on A3/S3's...more likely on MY17 cars....Audi are Fubar just now they could'nt organize a **** up in a Brewery at the moment all new models are experiencing delays....Q2,TTRS,and most likely the new A5/S5

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and SW14NY'S
As has been said thousands of times on here before the Black Styling Pack....will appear on A3/S3's...more likely on MY17 cars....Audi are Fubar just now they could'nt organize a **** up in a Brewery at the moment all new models are experiencing delays....Q2,TTRS,and most likely the new A5/S5

Yeah, heard about the TTRS... first deliveries 2017 they reckon?

Too much change all at once maybe...?

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Jassyo06
Yeah, heard about the TTRS... first deliveries 2017 they reckon?

Too much change all at once maybe...?

Yeah mate but Mercedes managed it this summer and the S3 WAS DELAYED...by 2 months,that was just a minor facelift no offence intended

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Has anyone saw the S3 with the black styling package on it......youtube..,,wize 1972.....looks rather good
Jeez jassy!! That was the worst review of a car I have ever seen....4 minutes of my life I won't get back...lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Scottyg
Jeez jassy!! That was the worst review of a car I have ever seen....4 minutes of my life I won't get back...lol

He is awful mate l agree but hey...worth a look

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Rob2k68 and pburv

It's curious... In Spain, some FL cars with BSP have been already delivered...

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Ara Blue Your latest advertisement in Auto Express for the A3 quotes that Ara Blue will be available to order later in the year on Sportback model. Approx. when should this be from and is it confirmed for Sportback variant?

Is there any plan to offer this in the UK or could a request to factory be made to replace sline standard offering for the above + premium cost as in Germany?

Code 4 ZD Optikpaket know in UK as Black pack for grill, window surrounds etc. Is there a plan to offer this in UK too?

Please, let us know what reply you receive from Audi UK!

It's curious... In Spain, some FL cars with BSP have been already delivered...

Like a lot of members on here "including myself" we are waiting on new models appearing but early next year looks a good bet for any BSP car to appear in the UK....

Reactions: pburv, SW14NY'S and Rob2k68
Yeah a lot of people have been complaining about the since the launch of the 8V S3. You will know if you have it. Audi refused to do anything about it as it was a 'characteristic' of the car.

Was hoping they might have done something in the facelift to prevent it.
I have a facelift and can hear a slight rattle I suspect from the turbo.. Kind of a jingling sound. Any more info on this?

Reactions: j0nny2013
I have a facelift and can hear a slight rattle I suspect from the turbo.. Kind of a jingling sound. Any more info on this?
Just under light acceleration? Maybe more obvious with the window open?

Think my PFL maybe has something like this too

Reactions: j0nny2013 and Rob2k68
Just under light acceleration? Maybe more obvious with the window open?

Think my PFL maybe has something like this too
Yeah but also under full boost.. Windows up or down I can hear it. It's very faint but it's there

Reactions: j0nny2013
There's loads of threads on here if you search turbo wastegate rattle - think it's supposed to happen between 1.800-2.500rpm.

Reactions: j0nny2013, pburv, azibux1 and 2 others
There's loads of threads on here if you search turbo wastegate rattle - think it's supposed to happen between 1.800-2.500rpm.
Thanks mate I'll have a look!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
My heart finally won out over my head and my S3 Saloon order went in to the factory last Friday (ordered through CarFile) - worked out just over 12.5% discount.

Thoroughly recommend CarFile if anyone else is considering it. Jonathan explained the whole process in a very clear way and Ben from Audi Coventry was very helpful as well. (Audi Huntingdon on the other hand got me in for a test drive in what they assured me was a FL S3 Saloon only for it to be a PFL, for the second time!)

The waiting begins! No official build date from the factory yet but rough estimates are late November/ early December.

Make: Audi
Model: A3 SALOON
Derivative: S3 TFSI Quattro 4dr S Tronic
Options:
Privacy glass
Reversible boot mat
Adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go pre sense front
Hill hold assist
Park assist system
Automatic dimming and folding door mirrors
Automatic dimming rear view mirror
Smoker's pack
Tech pack advanced
Metallic - Navarra blue
Alcantara/leather -Black with rock grey stitching

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and Scottyg

Wow, nice work,

That black pack looks great with black wing mirrors too.

Jassyo06, do you know we are ordering a MY17 car, instead of MY16?

Does anyone know what the exhaust note is like on the 1.4 TSI ? I have a 1.8 TFSI 8P at the moment and whilst it's not S3 with Milltek it has a nice kind of rasp to it and is enough for me. Thinking of ordering a new car and FL A3 is on my list but with the options I want it looks like I can only afford the 1.4.
I doubt if its any different to my pfl, so yeah, nice rasp..

@jassyo06 I'm sorry to say but the FL A3's are classed as MY17 editions ... Doesn't make complete sense but he is correct.:friends:

MY18 then lol.....who knows who cares lol...... Black styling package may appear at anytime Audi couldn't organise a raffle to put it politely

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68, pburv and 2 others
MY18 then lol.....who knows who cares lol...... Black styling package may appear at anytime Audi couldn't organise a raffle to put it politely
To be fair I tried to organise a raffle once and it was really hard and in the end it was a really sh*t raffle

Reactions: Pook, SW14NY'S, SpeedyFrog and 9 others