The Number Plate LED's

I'm sure rabbit had pyspeed on his audi...although that was I think on his s4..pyspeed rings a bell.

I bought a set of number plate LEDs off eBay, as guaranteed by someone from the forum, but they throw up errors, it's maddening! They were fine for quite a while, but one in every ten times I turned the ignition on they'll fail now.

Hi mate i brought these but the LEDS itself kept melting off the bulbs...sooo yeah....dont know what happening you had this? im guessing its the heat doing it...but idk...

One of mine recently stopped working, I swapped them out for the OEM bulbs for now! Seems all they are all the same sort of crap quality, hopefully someone will come across a better one soon

still on the hunt for LED license plate for 2010+

Anyone managed to find any number plate LED's that won't throw up a DIS error on a MY10 S3? I spent 30 quid on these supposed "No Canbus Error" LED's and although the Canbus doesn't shut them off, they throw up an error on my DIS, which is really annoying. :(

I wrote to the seller and told him that they threw up an error and he then offered to sell me a 'resistor kit'. If I wanted to have to wire up resistors, I wouldn't have bothered going for LED's that specified 'NO CANBUS ERROR!! :banghead:

AUDI A3 S3 (04-) Number Plate LED Light No Canbus Error on eBay (end time 23-Mar-11 12:44:43 GMT)

Paula x :)

Last edited:
Paula

I was in the same boat ended up spending about 40 quid on different one given up now.

Paula

I was in the same boat ended up spending about 40 quid on different one given up now.

My pockets are 40 quid lighter too, dude, ..annoying innit? :yes: I'm going to have one very last attempt at fitting some 3 SMD bulbs I bought last week, that are supposed to be Canbus compatible and error free. If these don't work - and I'm not holding out much hope! - I'll just swap the OE ones back in again :(.

Paula x

I'm still lookin after half a year haha :(

Hmm, not good. Looks like I'll be putting the old bulbs back in after all. Why oh why didn't Audi put nice LED's in the plate lights, to match the other LED's dotted around the car?? :(

Paula x :)

They are all pants, yet to see a set of any type of quality! Even if they work in cars previous to MY10 they don't for very long

From what I've read on here, looks like some of the LED's - even if they DO work - they are way too bright to actually use. At least the yellow glow from the old bulbs doesn't look so out of place on my car :laugh:.

Paula x

Last edited:
My pockets are 40 quid lighter too, dude, ..annoying innit? :yes: I'm going to have one very last attempt at fitting some 3 SMD bulbs I bought last week, that are supposed to be Canbus compatible and error free. If these don't work - and I'm not holding out much hope! - I'll just swap the OE ones back in again :(.

Paula x

At least you can put your OE ones back in, when I do they dont ****** work either!!!! ***!