The old “what’s it do to gallon “

Rugslasher

Reaction score
so had the rs4 two weeks today & had quite a few people asking about mpg never been interested tbh as didn’t buy it for economy anyways we had a nip to Scarborough for day on Wednesday & really impressed with mpg , only steady run with the odd spirited driving & around 90 miles each way so set off with trip showing 210 miles & arrived home with 110 miles left , a what a nice place to be on a long run , miles of smiles

Reactions: Scotty75
In answer to your question 'the old whats it do to the gallon' -

Not anywhere near what the manufacturer will say it will do ... :whistle2:

Reactions: PGunter, Ghost, Goner and 1 other person
In answer to your question 'the old whats it do to the gallon' -

Not anywhere near what the manufacturer will say it will do ... :whistle2:
Was never interested in mpg myself,but it’s the first thing everyone asks so thought I’d take note on a long run & quite chuffed

Reactions: Scotty75 and Bristle Hound
Was speaking to a salesman at Portsmouth Audi a few weeks back about S / RS cars . Told me how he sold an RS4 a couple of days previous . Took a bloke for a test drive , said bloke floored it to the end of the road and says "I'll take it" . Hadn't even discussed price at that point !

That RS4 must be a special best .

#Dream

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Rugslasher
My answer is always "I don't care for such things".

Reactions: Andy Butcher, Rugslasher and DieselJake
Think it just shows what some people care about in cars, get an indicated 18mpg on my latest petrol car which I really couldn't care less about unless someone can wave a wand and make it so that big engine and/or turbo cars with four wheel drive suddenly get really good mpg.

Bit similar to when people ask why I fill up with premium, theirs a car for everyone and I get that people have different wants and needs with cars nothing wrong with that just don't tell us what we want.

Reactions: Rugslasher and Scotty75
Had similar thing with my old evo 10 , “how fast does it go” or “I bet that’s thirsty “ I’ve always wanted the RS4 purely for the noise & anything else is just a bonus

Just done 550 miles with 40 litres

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rugslasher
Managed an exceptionally good 36 mpg in the SQ5 (newish petrol version) yesterday over about 100 miles using Shell V Power which def returns better MPG.

Reactions: Rugslasher and Scotty75
Managed an exceptionally good 36 mpg in the SQ5 (newish petrol version) yesterday over about 100 miles using Shell V Power which def returns better MPG.
Often see people argue the merits of using V-Power and similar. We run our A3 S-line 2.0 TDI on V-Power diesel.......
MPG better
Performance better
Soot deposits at exhaust , near non existent .

Speaks for itself .

Last edited:
Reactions: Rugslasher and NevMan
I’m using momentum 99 at Tesco mainly, used this in my evo 10 for 5 years with no complaints

My RS3 was about 26mpg, the RS4 was about 22mpg and current steed is under 20! Roll on the electric age ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

When people ask me about miles per gallon I tell them I am really interested in smiles per gallon.

Reactions: Andy Butcher, PGunter, joe26 and 2 others
17.4 in my RS5. Worth it.

Never been asked any questions about it just get loads of compliments.

Reactions: Tj 0785, Scotty75 and Rugslasher
A4 3.0 tdi 2014 in 30 miles drive on a12 48 mpg my best, 44 mpg usualy also for longer drives. ~35 mpg if I'm speeding and on paper says 49 mpg average.
I had to consider mpg to my equation due mileage I do and money... That's why I choose also newer model due lower emission = lower tax and better economy and 245 hp power.... ;)
Some ppl ask for consumption, surprised with numbers but mostly I'm asked how good women magnet it is :D

If one buys any sort of high performance car , wether it be avant, saloon , hatch etc fuel consumption is the last thing to be concerned about, performance and fuel economy just don't go together , well not in my book .

Reactions: Rugslasher, Andy Butcher and Tj 0785
I’ve just parted company with my c5 corvette which weighs roughly 1200kg, 6 sp manual.
This has the legendary 5.7 ltr ls1 lump up front = 350 bhp
I was always bring asked what does it do to the gallon?
My answer was always,” depends on how much fun I’m having “

Around the doors 13-15 mpg, on run 23mpg, loads of fun= 9mpg but what a noise it makes and the smile says it all.

Don't know don't care!

Now in a 15 plate S4 but sold my Maserati Gransport to buy it, Ferrari derived 4.2 V8 (oh the noise), flappy paddles operating a robotised manual box etc, fantastic car but I just couldn't get comfortable (back injury).
If it needed fuel I put it in and didn't worry about the mpg.

Oh and I never used the upgraded stereo once, the only music I wanted was the V8 and the valved exhaust in sport mode!

Yep it’s strange that it’s the first thing they say even after I’ve spent a full day with the polish out