The Phantom - Audi S4 B8.5 Avant

S400 CYA

Reaction score
Well i thought it was time to introduce the Phantom,

This is the girlfriends daily drive, she traded her A1 S-line in for something that would be more practical for the future and something to fit Troy our 7 stone german shepherd in,

We initially looked at a whole range of quick estate cars and 4x4's looked at a few Q7's (couldn't justify the running cost again the performance, tyre wear, road tax ect), 335d's, even E63 estates, but in the end all the signs pointed towards the S4, for potential, out of the box performance and looks and quality

So after a lot of looking around and research we found a stunner at Doncaster Audi, It was up for a price that undercut older cars and had a great spec, so we put our name down for it,

The Spec: (some of these might be standard, I've looked at that many different cars can remember what come standard and what doesn't)

Audi S4 B8.5 Avant 7 Speed S-Tronic
Audi Sport Differential
Super Sports Seats in Fine Nappa - All Black
B&O Sound System
Audi MMI3 - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer
Carbon Atals
Rear Window Blinds
Flat Bottom Wheel
Auto Highbeam
Auto Wipers
ADS
Audi Park Plus
Load Area Fixing Kit
Storage Package
5 Segment Alloys

Its had a few modifications done to it from the previous owner
EBC Red Stuff Pads
Tarox Drilled And Grooved Rotors
Eibach ARB's
Koni Dampers

So here it is on the day

Also had one of these sat there, Maybe next time

When we finally got it home i could see the paint work needed some attention (as expected with a 3 year old black car) so we give it a good was and a going over with poorboys black hole to hide the swirling until i get the weather to correct it properly

here it is with My RS Clio and Troy

Something didn't quite feel quite normal with the car, in the sense it did not stop pulling when it passed 155mph and also it has embarrassed a couple of V8 R8's which i was very surprised about, so i thought it would be good to take it for a go on a rolling road, as thought that car had been played with a little must have a small map on i am assuming a bluefin or something quite generic resulting in the low gains over standard

Also Fitted the obligatory RS4 Grill, i really liked that standard grill but i think the theme of the car is heading in a very stealthy direction with a few subtle highlights, its always a look I've like mainly one of the reasons i went for the matt clio, always believed less is more

Managed to get a pulley removal tool at a good price, now just need to order the pulley I'm pushed towards the revo one, i can see there is very little difference in terms of gains between them, so i will see what comes up

Thanks for reading and more to come

Reactions: JulianW, Bristle Hound, xpoweruk and 3 others
nice motor mate good choice, i may be wrong but i think iv heard of some s4's running more than the claimed 330 as standard

nice motor mate good choice, i may be wrong but i think iv heard of some s4's running more than the claimed 330 as standard

Cheers mate

I thought maybe it could of just been a strong engine, but with it not stopping after 155 leads me to believe, it has been played with in one way or another,

But if it's standard it should have some great potential for tuning

Reactions: Chop.
theres some motors on here running so serious figures youve deff picked the right car for a tune

id recomend an intake kit and let that charger sing :)

Reactions: S400 CYA and xpoweruk
Lovely looking S4 :)

The stealth look is awesome I think..

Looking at the printout the power stops coming at 5,300 RPM so to me that would suggest a standard map as that is when the boost bleeds from the factory

Reactions: S400 CYA and Chop.
theres some motors on here running so serious figures youve deff picked the right car for a tune

id recomend an intake kit and let that charger sing :)

I am stuck on which one to get I have always had maxogen kits that roar beautifully on my n/a car especially my Clio , I like the look of the arp intake but they are a little on the expensive side, especially when we are currently putting all our money in to doing up this house,

But if one comes up on here in the for sale section I will be sure to have it, what intake are you running ?

Lovely looking S4 :)

The stealth look is awesome I think..

Looking at the printout the power stops coming at 5,300 RPM so to me that would suggest a standard map as that is when the boost bleeds from the factory

Cheers mate

Oh well if so that's great news, when I had it in on the dyno the lads where saying that if the car was a ex demo (which it is) Audi do have a little play with them to make them a little more exacting on test drives, don't know how true this is but I could believe it

Reactions: xpoweruk
These arrived yesterday, Sophie thought the reg looked abit crap so I got her one that took the age of the car and it was a great price, so really happy with it, also have to say the company whom I bought the reg from where awesome (newreg) did all the paper work for me, made the new plates up for me and had them at the door step within 4 days, all at a price less than dvla would of just sold me the reg for

Nice reg that :)

I have the Revo intake,it appears to use a rebranded ITG filter.
Sounds epic IMO

Nice reg that :)

I have the Revo intake,it appears to use a rebranded ITG filter.
Sounds epic IMO

Thanks,

hmm i think i may go for that then, i want to let the charger noise out, and if it is a ITG rebranded thats a bonus, easily one of the best filters on the market,

took it on a B-road blast today, we have some unbelievably good roads over the North Yorkshire Moors, perfect proving ground for any car, seriously impressed with the way the car performed, pulled hard, handled well but it could really do with coilovers, i am thinking KW,

but was not overly impressed with the brakes, so the RS5 callipers and discs will be on the cards with DS2500 pads, which i use in my Brembos on my clio and they will lock the front wheels if pushed hard enough and hardly suffer from any fade

then it was time for a little TLC this evening, and it has come up brilliantly

Reactions: JulianW, GjrBartlett, xpoweruk and 1 other person
Looking good, blacks awsome clean but a bigger to keep that way

Iv got the CTS turbo intake on mine but I think any open come intake will get you the same effect the noise is addictive

Car is looking good but... more importantly... hi Troy! Hope his head doesn't bang on the back window when the S4 starts shifting!

Dogs

Reactions: MarioR34, GjrBartlett and briantwigley
Looking good, blacks awsome clean but a bigger to keep that way

Iv got the CTS turbo intake on mine but I think any open come intake will get you the same effect the noise is addictive

View attachment 90547

I know it's a nightmare, especially in the rain and the roads up here are covered in mud from building sites :/

Yeah there is very little between them mainly comes down to preference and price from what I have read

But I think I'm going to go for the full MRC stage 2 package which includes the filter, I can't under stand why there package is so cheap compared to the like of Apr who charge nigh on £1700 for just a pully and a "off the shelf map"

He's clearly got great taste!

Milky on the left, who is 9 months, and Atom on the right, who is 4. Note the shaved patch on Milky's leg - she's just had a night in the vets due to gastro-enteritis, poor little thing.

Atom loves it in the back of the A4, but Milky seems happier in the wife's CR-V... but that may be more due to driving styles than the actual cars!

He's clearly got great taste!

Milky on the left, who is 9 months, and Atom on the right, who is 4. Note the shaved patch on Milky's leg - she's just had a night in the vets due to gastro-enteritis, poor little thing.

Atom loves it in the back of the A4, but Milky seems happier in the wife's CR-V... but that may be more due to driving styles than the actual cars!

I'd like to think he has but, I don't think he's bothered what he goes in aslong as it gets him to the beach and fast, he used to be a nightmare in the car, used to drool everywhere but seems he has grown out of it,

9 months same age as Troy, That's a shame, hope she is on the mend though ?

Well i thought it was time to introduce the Phantom,

This is the girlfriends daily drive, she traded her A1 S-line in for something that would be more practical for the future and something to fit Troy our 7 stone german shepherd in,

We initially looked at a whole range of quick estate cars and 4x4's looked at a few Q7's (couldn't justify the running cost again the performance, tyre wear, road tax ect), 335d's, even E63 estates, but in the end all the signs pointed towards the S4, for potential, out of the box performance and looks and quality

So after a lot of looking around and research we found a stunner at Doncaster Audi, It was up for a price that undercut older cars and had a great spec, so we put our name down for it,

The Spec: (some of these might be standard, I've looked at that many different cars can remember what come standard and what doesn't)

Audi S4 B8.5 Avant 7 Speed S-Tronic
Audi Sport Differential
Super Sports Seats in Fine Nappa - All Black
B&O Sound System
Audi MMI3 - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer
Carbon Atals
Rear Window Blinds
Flat Bottom Wheel
Auto Highbeam
Auto Wipers
ADS
Audi Park Plus
Load Area Fixing Kit
Storage Package
5 Segment Alloys

Its had a few modifications done to it from the previous owner
EBC Red Stuff Pads
Tarox Drilled And Grooved Rotors
Eibach ARB's
Koni Dampers

So here it is on the day

Also had one of these sat there, Maybe next time

When we finally got it home i could see the paint work needed some attention (as expected with a 3 year old black car) so we give it a good was and a going over with poorboys black hole to hide the swirling until i get the weather to correct it properly

here it is with My RS Clio and Troy

Something didn't quite feel quite normal with the car, in the sense it did not stop pulling when it passed 155mph and also it has embarrassed a couple of V8 R8's which i was very surprised about, so i thought it would be good to take it for a go on a rolling road, as thought that car had been played with a little must have a small map on i am assuming a bluefin or something quite generic resulting in the low gains over standard

Also Fitted the obligatory RS4 Grill, i really liked that standard grill but i think the theme of the car is heading in a very stealthy direction with a few subtle highlights, its always a look I've like mainly one of the reasons i went for the matt clio, always believed less is more

Managed to get a pulley removal tool at a good price, now just need to order the pulley I'm pushed towards the revo one, i can see there is very little difference in terms of gains between them, so i will see what comes up

Thanks for reading and more to come
@S400 CYA - Hi & :welcome!: to ASN!

Great looking :s4addict: Avant! Looking foreword to following your thread mate

done a couple of photoshops tonight
i will be going down this route in the near future

and a slammed on just for fun

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
This weekend i fitted the H&R 40mm springs, and gave the car a good going over with the DA with a 3 stage cut and polish, using meguires 105 & 205, it took me well over 25hrs fitting the springs and detailing it but I'm over the moon with the results, never realised how much metallic was buried behind the swirls, what a stunning colour Phantom Black is

Before:

After:

The final results including shots of its new ride height

CFD65BA7-6B30-4231-AF88-6EA7DC0A7C36_zps9wxgx7aw.jpg

EB38E00D-D7E4-420B-85C8-D06374CABFE6_zpstr7qgnlz.jpg

7A08D9C0-7236-4F95-9D85-89FD85DF3A69_zpsehnpdvku.jpg

384DD45B-F410-4645-A455-87D642A4FA74_zpso2r98dml.jpg

FC66337A-F934-4277-B9BF-D7F519903621_zpsaxxknycw.jpg

6993CB3D-7F83-46EE-AE95-56DC7CE18555_zpsyaa1p62e.jpg

B11C73B2-7A28-453B-B762-ED2FDA5362AE_zps566jyd5u.jpg

3F033AE0-D5F0-48ED-B822-1FBD45CCFB98_zps8zn1sxyf.jpg

14D88786-FF90-495E-B7E5-4A45C328D72F_zpsefdhxi0n.jpg