The "S" button - coding question

Mr_Freeze

Reaction score
Ok guys, this ones for you clever coding peeps.

Is there any way you can recode the "S" button so that it defaults to on and then you have to press to turn off?

I think i would prefer it that way round if it can be done.

Also is the exhaust valve powered open or is it powered closed, just in case it can't be coded, wondered if there were any other ways of doing this?

Simple answers no.

On the R32's, TTRS etc there was a mod which involved removing the suction hose which opens the exhaust flap (actuator)

May be possible to have the exhaust flap open all the time but when I was last under the car I don't think it's the same setup.... I'll double check

Doesn't it sharpen throttle response as well?

ha ha ha.... before I even reach the end of my drive.......
. push the 'S' button
. push the traction to 'Sport
. select 'S' in the DSG box (unless I've woke up + select manual)
and off we go, great shout though; this set up should be default:icon_thumright:

Right ive had a look under the car, Its the same as other VAG marques with the pump activated actuator.

If you wish to have your car like its in Sport all the time just pull off the rubber pipe from the actuator valve and plug it with a screw, then cable tie it up out of the way.

Reactions: Mr_Freeze
I have noticed that when on choke, the S button does nothing until it comes off choke. It then opens. I think it is forced closed so that would mean that if there were any timing/throttle response changes disconnection the pipe to leave it open may be a bad idea?

Same thing happens on the RS4's, sport mode didn't open the exhaust flaps until after initial 30 second warm up phase. Those that disconnected / plugged their exhaust flaps didn't have any issues with the warm up phase by doing that.