40563_1568674539968_1328597006_1503370_1256453_n.jpg

some carbon vinyl wrapping
04032011700.jpg
28102010712.jpg

and coilovers more to come too any thoughts welcome :yes:
19032011886.jpg
19032011877.jpg
17032011874.jpg

needs an S-Line single grille! but i recall you saying you prefer the split grille so never mind lol

needs an S-Line single grille! but i recall you saying you prefer the split grille so never mind lol
i used to but now this year im doing the full frame grill front end mate lol not sure to go for the s-line or just the sport bumper tho prob the s-line i think

If i was to change 1 thing about the car it would be the rear valance. I really aint a fan of the votex jobbie and think the newer s-line would suit so much more - particularly as the bottom part is a dark grey so would match your wheels.

Apart from that I think it looks great - i particularly like the black grill surround and the chrome wrapping!

If i was to change 1 thing about the car it would be the rear valance. I really aint a fan of the votex jobbie and think the newer s-line would suit so much more - particularly as the bottom part is a dark grey so would match your wheels.

Apart from that I think it looks great - i particularly like the black grill surround and the CARBON wrapping!
cheers fella yeah i do like the s-line but i do like the votex and i had it for such a good price i couldnt really turn it down lol ,

i used to but now this year im doing the full frame grill front end mate lol not sure to go for the s-line or just the sport bumper tho prob the s-line i think

either go sport with Votex or go S-Line. i think they look as good as each other. i'm afraid i agree with roston100 re: the Votex rear. i've never been a fan of it tbh!

otherwise i really like your car. if i were to get an A3 now it'd probably be red.

Looks good fran can't wait to see every thing done.
Let me know when your free we call around.
Also as I said to you rear spoiler, MY09 or MY11 rear lights and single grille conversion will look sweet :)

Haha thanks to me persuading you. I think you should just buy my S3 parts instead haha.

Last edited:
yeah i cant decide between them lol got to see what i can get easy when it comes round to buying bits to do the facelift ,good man red cars are awesome in my opinion you dont see enough reds cars anymore its all black cars on the roads lol (not that ive got anything against black cars of course) if im going to do the s-line front then i would prob do the rear too while i was doing the front and sell the votex to fund it

Looks good fran can't wait to see every thing done.
Let me know when your free we call around.
cheers ash i havent done a huge amount of stuff its all subtle things
yeah will do man
Haha thanks to me persuading you. I think you should just buy my S3 parts instead haha.
haha yeah i was quick to change my mind cheers ash lmfao , im sure you can see yours easy as loads of people want to do the s3 conv when you do your facelift matey lol

yeah facelift rear lights are on the long list im going for my11's tho they will suit my car better than my09's

cheers ash i havent done a huge amount of stuff its all subtle things
yeah will do man

haha yeah i was quick to change my mind cheers ash lmfao , im sure you can see yours easy as loads of people want to do the s3 conv when you do your facelift matey lol

Haha no problem I knew you come around lol.
Yeah I'm sure I could get rid of it quick won't be in a rush to sell the parts anyway and it's a while away.

What's the next mod on your list MY11? Car looks much better lowered

Haha no problem I knew you come around lol.
Yeah I'm sure I could get rid of it quick won't be in a rush to sell the parts anyway and it's a while away.

What's the next mod on your list MY11?
haha im easy convinced matey to a degree , yeah im sure it wont be long till you get a job mate im sure something will trun up , yeah my11's:drool::wub: and some carbon goodies :drool::wub: spoiler then the facelift :eyebrows: and new wheels the list goes on and on lmfao

Good progress Fran, did you get coils sorted in the end? S-Line will raise the level of your ride big time.
not too bad is it mate , yeah forgot to msg you on that mate i put the standard rear shocks back in and no more clunking weird maybe they are a touch smaller than the oem ones so rattle in the top mounts as they are the originals , now ive got the oem shocks with the springs and adjusters from the kit and its all sweet strange tho it got me thinking lol , yeah i cant wait to get the front end sorted will change the car completely :wub::wub:

Deffo, good work brother!
so far its all cost me just under a grand as all the paintwork on the mirrors/wheels grills etc.. ive done myself so that saves a few £££ you know what they say knowledge is power and all that shizle

now that is my dream i want a 3.2 twin turbo with about 450hp i'd be happy with that lol ., after seeing a video on youtube of the sportback s-line 3.2 turbo ive wanted one

so far its all cost me just under a grand as all the paintwork on the mirrors/wheels grills etc.. ive done myself so that saves a few £££ you know what they say knowledge is power and all that shizle

Well done Fran, what its about bro! It'll look like a new car with the new front end on it :wub:

dam right man im not rushing anything so to get it done properly gunna start collecting bits in the next few weeks to start the conversion all in good time tho , rear spoiler and my11 lights are first on the list along with some real carbon fibre skinned interior trims and b-pillars done by myself naturally going to buy a carbon kit in the next few weeks too watch this space

Was it difficult to wrap your B pillar?
Did you prep it before?
Did you use a special wrap or just a Halfords jobby?

My A pillar is scratched so might well do this!

Did you prep it before?

it's probably 3M wrap, fairly readily available on eBay. i dunno if he took it off or not. i wouldn't bother because you have to drill out rivets and stuff.

Did you prep it before?

sub is right its the 3m stuff on ebay its really cheap to be fair , oh no no i didnt take it off thats far to much work just for a bit of vinyl wrap matey im going to take them off when i do my real carbon fibre ones in a few months time , basicly all i did was cleaned the area with liquid window cleaner like autoglym fast glass as it drys quickly and is silcone free , then cut the vinyl too big for the area to be covered , then got the heatgun/hairdryer out and started to heat up the vinyl and poking it into the gaps around the sides etc.. , then once it was all to shape and cool so stiff cut it to approx size then got the heatgun back on it to wrap it finaly round the sides properly , it sounds harder than it is plus if you dont get it right first time pull it off gently and do it again its very good stuff indeed

Looking forward to the results indeed :/)

How much would it cost to send a trim sized parcel to wales I wonder ?

lol no idea matey , mind you i havent even done it before going to tey it out on some trims i buy off ebay if it looks good its going in my car then i might start doing other things too i think if i can get the nack of doing it spot on i can make a fortune doing it watch this space eh this year is the year for me

Too right! I was hoping this year was gonna be good, and it has got off to a flying start :)

2011=WIN!

Black air vent rings looks good! Did you spray them?
cheers christer yeah i did i used some satin black with clear coat over the top they came out really good i think , i did them just to be different as everybody goes for the same thing i feel lol

Love the colour combo, dude. The MY11 rear lights will look the biz on there and I have to say that the split grille has a certain charm about it that I feel is lost on the newer models. I had a 2004 Toucan Yellow 1.9TDi SE and loved the look of the front end (except it was missing foglights). Really feeling your satin black accents as opposed to gloss black that most peeps go with. Nice work, Fran. Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Paula x

aww thanks paula thanks for the kinds words , yeah i do like the modern classic looks of the split grill but im going to update her this year sometime to the full frame grill got to keep with the times eh lol , yeah i can get satin black paint easy in work so thats what i grabbed first and was really happy with the results everything black on the car is satin black some with alot of clear coat on to make it glossy some just a little to keep it matte effect all done by myself on dinner breaks etc... even the wheels i did one per dinner hour lol , yeah i'll keep this thread updated as much as i can when new mods come around next up rear spoiler is a must
cheers
fran x

good work Fran! not sure how i missed this thread, youve taken what was a very standard lookin A3 to a new place! coilovers looks very good! agreed with others S-line front end would be :wub:

but keep up the good work!! :applaus: