the story so far

im liking it more and more each day as they are getting rarer now as everybody is converting to the full frame grills makes mine more special lol

in my honest opinion i hate it when people do the ABT style conversion or just spray the bumper black lol it looks naf! and your right everyones got the new single grille...i think it compliments the car more if you are able to make it look good by keeping it pretty much OEM ... hence why not a big fan of abt, or rs4/rs6 grilles on a3's

p.s. i actually liked the mud flaps :laugh:

yeah loads of people have said to spray the centre but no thanks do it properly or not at all is my way of thinking , haha you must be one of not many who did like the flaps lol

well with inters just around the corner i decided that my car needed a dam good going over so had a little crack at it after work 2night
23062011828.jpg
23062011820.jpg
23062011840.jpg
23062011844.jpg
23062011848.jpg
23062011852.jpg

Fran, nice pics! but your camera really doesnt compliment the car or its colour so next item on your shopping list should be a decent 14 MP camera lol

Fran, nice pics! but your camera really doesnt compliment the car or its colour so next item on your shopping list should be a decent 14 MP camera lol
haha guess what its not a camera its my phone that i take pics with but as n8 keeps on saying i really do need to get a proper camera sorted lol

just read it all. Great read, tasty mods. Keep it up!

hey bud guess what ive got a camera sorted now i bought a new fuji 14mp one :)

time for a little update as i havent done one for ages now lol , ive got a few plans up my sleave for the coming few months and over winter esp , it goes like this ' new rims , custom front grills (im keeping my split grill front end) , us side markers , rear spoiler ,my11 rear lights and a few other things too watch this space :wub:

here's my car build thread so far with more to come this year
when i first got her with new s-line reps
197106_1010153057280_1328597006_21053_4472_n.jpg
Photo1374.jpg
Photo1877.jpg

second up was silver mirrors and some oem mud flaps
Photo0331.jpg

then black grills
Photo1388-1.jpg

cupra r front spliter
Photo1880.jpg

then the wheels had new paint
Photo2329.jpg

black wing mirrors
11042010076.jpg

40600_1568682540168_1328597006_1503418_1235227_n.jpg

black audi front rings
40425_1568667339788_1328597006_1503300_5592934_n.jpg

window tints and votex rear diffuser
05032011782.jpg

black air vent rings just to be different
40563_1568674539968_1328597006_1503370_1256453_n.jpg

some carbon vinyl wrapping
04032011700.jpg
28102010712.jpg

and coilovers more to come too any thoughts welcome :yes:
19032011886.jpg
19032011877.jpg
17032011874.jpg

Right, random question, but, have you changed your headlight bulbs? If so, which ones are you using? And do you have any other pictures? Ive got a bit of an obsession with headlight bulbs atm...

Thanks,
:thumbsup:

lol that was a totaly random question lol , no i havent just using standard ones at the mo as my headlights are my drl's so they are on all the time plus if a bulb blows i can get standard ones for free , my main beam are high powered 100 watt white bulbs tho

so do i rye cant wait to get them plan in motion just ordered my side markers hope they dont take forever to arrive tho lol , oh and poss changing the rear diffuser to a s-line one or a 09 rear bumper not sure yet depends on whats out there at the time

so do i rye cant wait to get them plan in motion just ordered my side markers hope they dont take forever to arrive tho lol , oh and poss changing the rear diffuser to a s-line one or a 09 rear bumper not sure yet depends on whats out there at the time

do it, if im honest im not the biggest fan of the votex.. sline rear + new lights will finish the back end lovely

cheer mate , yeah i only got it as i inbetween thing really as the rear look too standard so go this off a member on here , always planned to get a s-line rear never got round to it tho but im going to get one this year hopefully , yeah i like the split grill's too everybody does the full frame grill makes mine a little bit unique eh but more retro haha , would love a full frame front but cant afford it really so just going to mod this front a bit more then decide once hte finance is payed off what im going to do mod this one with a new front end or gt a new car

hows the interior held up fran? Was considering the half leather half alcantaras off ebay but thought the alcantara would go all bobbly after its been used quite a bit...

other than that im also a big fan of the twin grills ;) theres something nice about having it a bit different. looking forward to the rest of your plans

well the car has now done 95.000 miles so its a little worn but im a pro detailer so its not in bad shape at all recently i shaved the surface of it to take away the bobbles then cleaned it so not bad all in all , seen alot worse cars with half the millage tbh , yeah it makes it a little special doesnt it certainly gets alot of looks when im driving her around , cant wait to get the plans rolling

Love the black/red colour scheme: black and a.n.other colour works so well for me, and the stance is great too - low and a bit mean, but the wheels still look like they're attached to the car. You said you've got coilovers on? How far is it dropped as compared to SE/Sport/S-Line/Black Edition?

Cheers

Love the black/red colour scheme: black and a.n.other colour works so well for me, and the stance is great too - low and a bit mean, but the wheels still look like they're attached to the car. You said you've got coilovers on? How far is it dropped as compared to SE/Sport/S-Line/Black Edition?

Cheers
thanks bud yeah it just works so well doesnt it i used to have silver and red but changed it to black as it looked better i got the idea from the black edition funny enough i saw a misano red one and just fell in love with it so created my own lol , yeah nice and low but not ott i dont think just enough in my eyes it rides so well too much better infact than the standard sport set up she is lowered 65mm on the front and around 58mm not 100% defo on the numbers as i did it by eye not with a measuring tape lol , what do you mean "the wheels look attached to the car" ?? , its around 45mm lower than the standard s-line i would have thought but again not 100% sure

a long awaited update as ive not had any internet for two and a half weeks dam virgin media
ive instaled my US side markers they are not wired up yet
picy
18092011230.jpg

ive also been busy looking on ebay before my internet went down and picked up a full set of mint audi exclusive mats for a bargain price of £10 delivered
picy
DSCF2924.jpg

also i got given one of these from my mate im half and half to put them on my car after i buy another 3 that is
they are off a TT s-line and are 9x19"
picy
DSCF3212.jpg

Reactions: pinterovski
That wheel looks lovely fran, good luck trying to find another 3!

I wish mine were 19x9

the hunt is on john lol , what i was thinking of is getting some silver ones and paintng them as im handy with a paint can :wub:

Looks good fran :happy: Liking the wing mirrors :)
cheers ash ive only just wiped off all the dribble from yesturday from people looking at them lol , im glad people liked them yesturday wasnt sure to put them on till next year or not but now im going to take them off after the K.K meet next month so they stay mint for next year's shows :)

cheers scott they are not perfect fit as they arent supposed to be on my shape A3 they are supposed to be on the newer shape full frame grill models so i had do make them fit but they dont look too bad something different eh