Facelift The wait begins ... S3 ordered.

unitzero

Reaction score
Currently driving a MK7 GTI and it’s coming up to 3 years old so I decided I fancied a change.

Started looking at replacements in May and ended up ordering an A4 Avant Black Edition 2.0TFSI (190) and planned on collecting it in September... but as some may know there have been crazy delays and there’s a chance I may have had to wait until early next year !

At this point I started looking for something available sooner from Audi UK stock but had no joy in getting the right spec, at this point I thought maybe I could afford a used S3 sportback but for my monthly budget all I could afford was a 66 plate which would have only had a years left of warranty and would need MOT’s etc which isn’t what I wanted.

Long story short. I was speaking to Stafford Audi about a used S3 and the saleswoman checked what deal she could do on a new build and it fitted nicely within my budget so I went and ordered one.

Ibis White (non black edition)
Technology Package
Supersport Seats
Roof rails

Possibly getting delivered in February

I didn’t mind waiting that long for an S3 and it gives me time to sell my modified GTI or strip back to standard and PX

Sorry for the essay, but thought I’d get a thread up so I can say Hi and add progress of the build once the S3 arrives.

Couple of my previous cars ..

Current GTI
51ccc3d8e34b7b08bd6008a5dd7709d4.jpg

Old B7 Avant
04bd95b12b766251b80218316088709c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Henners73, jimojameso, josul and 4 others
Bit of a Vin diesel are we lol Matte aluminium roof rails look good on a white sportback ss seats and technology package good spec, privacy would have been the icing on the cake ....

Nice choice on spec/colour Baz. Time will fly by. Look forward to seeing it when it arrives. :) x

Bit of a Vin diesel are we lol Matte aluminium roof rails look good on a white sportback ss seats and technology package good spec, privacy would have been the icing on the cake ....

Not been described as a Vin Diesel before

But yes, I like to modify my cars. In a tasteful and subtle “OEM plus” style though.

I’ll see how I like the look of the windows first and can maybe go down the route of tinting if I think it needs it.

Reactions: Sandra
Nice choice on spec/colour Baz. Time will fly by. Look forward to seeing it when it arrives. :) x

Thanks Sandra.

Glad to be back on the forum and part of the Audi community again.

Reactions: TomBlueS3 and Sandra
Sure you'll love the car when it comes mate. I only waited a week for mine (as was used) can't imagine waiting any longer but sure it'll be here in no time!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: unitzero
Nice one mate. Shame you've had to wait longer than originally planned, but the S3 will be worth the wait.

Nice one mate. Shame you've had to wait longer than originally planned, but the S3 will be worth the wait.

Hope so !

It’s not like I don’t enjoy driving the MK7 so it’s not really a hardship to wait.

Sure you'll love the car when it comes mate. I only waited a week for mine (as was used) can't imagine waiting any longer but sure it'll be here in no time!

Time flies at my age it seems !

Reactions: Adam14
Tracker updated - My S3 is at the Quality Control stage.

Let’s hope there’s no issues and it get put on a boat soon.

I still need to get my air suspension taken off the GTI but I’m sure I can sort that ASAP.

Reactions: loftylad
Happy days!

You’ve jumped me in the queue, I ordered in August and I’ve only just received a build week.

It’s killing me, found myself having a look at the new Fiesta ST last night, spec’d the performance pack with the LSD, I bet they’re pretty fun, 3 cylinder though :0/ all just a pipe dream....

I’ve been through it all, test drove plenty of cars and annoyed salesman at many dealerships in the meantime but stuck to the S3 as nothing else ticks as many boxes.

Reactions: loftylad and NevMan
Didn’t think the s3 was wltp compliant yet? Surely they can’t deliver cars until they are tested and signed off?

Didn’t think the s3 was wltp compliant yet? Surely they can’t deliver cars until they are tested and signed off?

People on the B9 A4 WLTP thread have been saying they “should be” signed off in the next few weeks but we shall see.

Collecting on Tuesday

bc453f150183b969e8d7c6c05d36c013.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, loftylad, NevMan and 4 others
It's a great feeling when you get that message on the tracker!!

Enjoy collection day.

It's always helpful when the dealer registers your new car....saves time before you begin driving it. :)

Technically we are going to do it when I’m there as I need to put my private Reg on it.

Technically we are going to do it when I’m there as I need to put my private Reg on it.
I was making fun of the message you received :D but yeah that's whats happened with my last 4 cars.
It's always good to see 2 cars with the same number plate on them.....makes a good photo. :sunglasses:

Currently driving a MK7 GTI and it’s coming up to 3 years old so I decided I fancied a change.

Started looking at replacements in May and ended up ordering an A4 Avant Black Edition 2.0TFSI (190) and planned on collecting it in September... but as some may know there have been crazy delays and there’s a chance I may have had to wait until early next year !

At this point I started looking for something available sooner from Audi UK stock but had no joy in getting the right spec, at this point I thought maybe I could afford a used S3 sportback but for my monthly budget all I could afford was a 66 plate which would have only had a years left of warranty and would need MOT’s etc which isn’t what I wanted.

Long story short. I was speaking to Stafford Audi about a used S3 and the saleswoman checked what deal she could do on a new build and it fitted nicely within my budget so I went and ordered one.

Ibis White (non black edition)
Technology Package
Supersport Seats
Roof rails

Possibly getting delivered in February

I didn’t mind waiting that long for an S3 and it gives me time to sell my modified GTI or strip back to standard and PX

Sorry for the essay, but thought I’d get a thread up so I can say Hi and add progress of the build once the S3 arrives.

Couple of my previous cars ..

Current GTI
51ccc3d8e34b7b08bd6008a5dd7709d4.jpg

Old B7 Avant
04bd95b12b766251b80218316088709c.jpg

Do you mind me asking what sort of deal they sorted for you? Looking at an S3 myself.

S3 was finally WLTP compliant November 2018.

Reactions: unitzero and NevMan
Do you mind me asking what sort of deal they sorted for you? Looking at an S3 myself.

Went through carwow and got about £3.5k off RRP
Was actually looking at an approved used one as I didn’t want to wait for my A4 to be built but they quoted me happy on a new one and the monthly payments were about £50 less per month than a used 17 plate with out the spec I wanted so it was a no brainer.

I’d always recommend using Carwow even as a starting point

S3 was finally WLTP compliant November 2018.

Nobody yet to take delivery of one to let us know the score with the exhaust sound. Seems that I’m the guinea pig

No doubt I’ll get a res delete in the very near future anyway unless the new particulate filter gets in the way.

... then maybe I’ll have to do a GPF delete also . Take that WLTP ! Hahah

Reactions: Sandra, Jcbmally, loftylad and 1 other person
I’ll see if I can get an exhaust clip when I get it home and it’s had an hours run down the M6 toll

Insurance is a joke though. My current insurer want £1298 for a modified policy !!

I may have to get a standard car policy and just ask before doing any big mods to see if they’ll cover me and how much extra I’ll need to fork out.

Taking the shine off a little bit along with the poor PX price I’ve been offered for my GTI but I’m sure once I get in the car that it will all be worth it.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
I’ll see if I can get an exhaust clip when I get it home and it’s had an hours run down the M6 toll

Insurance is a joke though. My current insurer want £1298 for a modified policy !!

I may have to get a standard car policy and just ask before doing any big mods to see if they’ll cover me and how much extra I’ll need to fork out.

Taking the shine off a little bit along with the poor PX price I’ve been offered for my GTI but I’m sure once I get in the car that it will all be worth it.

Oh YES to the exhaust clip, please!

Christ! That's a big number for the insurance. I'm sure you'll reduce it with a bit of shopping around.

And, yeah, once the PX has gone, you'll forget about it! lol

Just keep the new ****** safe and locked up!!

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Interested on the sound clip too, although has been a while, not sure if I can remember the "old" stock sound.

Reactions: NevMan
Nobody yet to take delivery of one to let us know the score with the exhaust sound. Seems that I’m the guinea pig

No doubt I’ll get a res delete in the very near future anyway unless the new particulate filter gets in the way.

... then maybe I’ll have to do a GPF delete also . Take that WLTP ! Hahah

Is there definitely a gpf in the new s3 ?
I thought they just dialled it back by 10bhp to achieve wltp not shove more crap in there.

Is there definitely a gpf in the new s3 ?
I thought they just dialled it back by 10bhp to achieve wltp not shove more **** in there.

Yep, the "new" 300ps S3 definitely has a GPF.

Give it a year and people will be moaning about blocked gpf like dpf

The gpf if it operates in exactly the same way as a dpf would be a real concern for me because I would guaranteed have problems.....but from what I have read they will not be at risk of clogging up in the way dpf currently are due to exhausts in petrol vehicles running hotter than diesel. :)

Reactions: AlS3BE, loftylad and NevMan
One of the reasons I went with petrol this time round was I do more short journeys now and that’s supposedly isn’t good for diesels with dpf’s. Then again all petrol cars seem to be turbo cars now and short journeys isn’t good for turbos either.
Can’t win :wink:

Reactions: unitzero and NevMan

The insurance quote is that price to stop you modifying the car simple as that

@unitzero did you collect the car Today?

I mentioned it on the New Orders thread but I’ll run over it quickly here for anyone that isn’t following the other...

In short, no.

I went to collect, saw the car being prepped in the bay as I drove in. I signed all the paperwork. Handed over my GTI as Part exchange and put my private plate on retention. The time came to tax the S3 and DVLA says No.

Apparently due to the new spec of the S3 with the tweaks needed to pass WLTP the DVLA require some new data so they can put it onto their system. Germany has not yet sent the data to the DVLA and it may take another week.

Stafford Audi were as much in the dark about this as I was (except I’d heard a rumour on here about tax issues)
Because the collection was confirmed then I went so go get the car as planned.

The staff at Stafford Audi were of course very apologetic and have sent me off in one of their staff A5’s which I can use whilst they sort this mess out.

I don’t blame the dealer in the slightest and am taking it all in my stride and not getting wound up about it. Annoying as it is I’ll just look forward to my next collection day.

I mean. The car was in the collection bay and everything and I went and had it unveiled and sat in it and pressed buttons and stuff. I just can’t actually have it to take home.

The A5 is nice though. 1.4 150TSI S-tronic

I’ll keep you all posted on the next chapter !

Reactions: Terminator x, Sandra, Kondax and 3 others
I mentioned it on the New Orders thread but I’ll run over it quickly here for anyone that isn’t following the other...

In short, no.

I went to collect, saw the car being prepped in the bay as I drove in. I signed all the paperwork. Handed over my GTI as Part exchange and put my private plate on retention. The time came to tax the S3 and DVLA says No.

Apparently due to the new spec of the S3 with the tweaks needed to pass WLTP the DVLA require some new data so they can put it onto their system. Germany has not yet sent the data to the DVLA and it may take another week.

Stafford Audi were as much in the dark about this as I was (except I’d heard a rumour on here about tax issues)
Because the collection was confirmed then I went so go get the car as planned.

The staff at Stafford Audi were of course very apologetic and have sent me off in one of their staff A5’s which I can use whilst they sort this mess out.

I don’t blame the dealer in the slightest and am taking it all in my stride and not getting wound up about it. Annoying as it is I’ll just look forward to my next collection day.

I mean. The car was in the collection bay and everything and I went and had it unveiled and sat in it and pressed buttons and stuff. I just can’t actually have it to take home.

The A5 is nice though. 1.4 150TSI S-tronic

I’ll keep you all posted on the next chapter !

What a shame, but fair play you are being pragmatic and sympathetic

Reactions: loftylad, unitzero and Pook