Facelift The wait begins ... S3 ordered.

Can’t stop modifying. It’s like a disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
What a shame, but fair play you are being pragmatic and sympathetic

Thanks, No point kicking off and making a scene, won’t make the DVLA magically get the info they need.

Reactions: loftylad, NevMan, Terminator x and 1 other person
I mentioned it on the New Orders thread but I’ll run over it quickly here for anyone that isn’t following the other...

In short, no.

I went to collect, saw the car being prepped in the bay as I drove in. I signed all the paperwork. Handed over my GTI as Part exchange and put my private plate on retention. The time came to tax the S3 and DVLA says No.

Apparently due to the new spec of the S3 with the tweaks needed to pass WLTP the DVLA require some new data so they can put it onto their system. Germany has not yet sent the data to the DVLA and it may take another week.

Stafford Audi were as much in the dark about this as I was (except I’d heard a rumour on here about tax issues)
Because the collection was confirmed then I went so go get the car as planned.

The staff at Stafford Audi were of course very apologetic and have sent me off in one of their staff A5’s which I can use whilst they sort this mess out.

I don’t blame the dealer in the slightest and am taking it all in my stride and not getting wound up about it. Annoying as it is I’ll just look forward to my next collection day.

I mean. The car was in the collection bay and everything and I went and had it unveiled and sat in it and pressed buttons and stuff. I just can’t actually have it to take home.

The A5 is nice though. 1.4 150TSI S-tronic

I’ll keep you all posted on the next chapter !

You have been very good about it Baz, a lot more people should be like you. It will be worth the wait though. Stafford Audi are a fantastic dealership, lovely staff and can’t do enough for you. Hope it’s sorted really soon. :) x

Reactions: NevMan
You have been very good about it Baz, a lot more people should be like you. It will be worth the wait though. Stafford Audi are a fantastic dealership, lovely staff and can’t do enough for you. Hope it’s sorted really soon. :) x

Thanks Sandra.

I’ve waited long enough so a few more days or weeks won’t make too much of a difference. More time to find some decent insurance quotes !

Reactions: Sandra, loftylad and NevMan
Car is ready ! Heading to collect now

Reactions: Jcbmally, oli356, NevMan and 3 others
Car is ready ! Heading to collect now

Fantastic news Baz, can’t wait for the pics later. Enjoy the drive home. :) x

Reactions: Jcbmally and unitzero
569582c69769b898c28767bf58cc0d7d.jpg

Just got home - of course it’s dark so no decent pictures yet

Reactions: Jcbmally, BillyGiann, Bristle Hound and 6 others

Tomorrow is another day, lol. Did you have a nice drive home? You be smiling for weeks now. Best Christmas present to yourself ever, Enjoy. :) x

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Tomorrow is another day, lol. Did you have a nice drive home? You be smiling for weeks now. Best Christmas present to yourself ever, Enjoy. :) x

Great drive home - one good point in getting a car from a dealer an hour away I suppose !

Thought I’d managed to get a nice dry day but by the time I left Stafford it was raining a little.

Can’t believe how easy it is to get up to “the speed limit” no effort or drama just smoothly does it.

Loving it so far for sure ! So glad I cancelled the A4 order now

Reactions: Jcbmally, Chris.D, loftylad and 3 others
@unitzero - Congrats buddy :thumbs up:
Looking foreword to the pics

Thanks mate.

I’ll get shooting as soon as possible ! Just one more day of work until I get 12 days off so I’m sure to find the time to get some nice pics.

Reactions: Adam14, Sandra, Jcbmally and 1 other person

Mice one mate, a long wait for the A4 ended in this, look forward to more than steering wheel pics

Reactions: Sandra
2cec7e7b7c383c5585e82476030da02a.jpg

Finished work early and went to have a little look under the car and measure up for a res delete

Reactions: Pinky1959, Sandra and NevMan
Some more pics - only iPhone for now as I forgot I’d taken my camera for collection

693949fa952232f4dc4427cc0155da5f.jpg

Early start at work

865da730a977efe67d2062440163ac3d.jpg

Reactions: scoss, AlS3BE, loftylad and 6 others
Some more pics - only iPhone for now as I forgot I’d taken my camera for collection

693949fa952232f4dc4427cc0155da5f.jpg

Early start at work

865da730a977efe67d2062440163ac3d.jpg

Very nice mate, live the fact already on lift planning on res delete

2cec7e7b7c383c5585e82476030da02a.jpg

Finished work early and went to have a little look under the car and measure up for a res delete

Looking good. Love how shiny/clean the underneath is when they are new
So Where’s the gpf gubbins?
Did you find the exhaust been toned down after wltp?

Daft question, have they kept the Audi beam standard on the s3 and is the rear view mirror the same (no plastic border), heard a couple of things, wondered if they're true?

Does your manual confirm the torque, not sure about those stated on the config at the moment?

Daft question, have they kept the Audi beam standard on the s3 and is the rear view mirror the same (no plastic border), heard a couple of things, wondered if they're true?

Does your manual confirm the torque, not sure about those stated on the config at the moment?

No Audi Beam but dealer says they will fit for me as I was expecting it. I’m getting Quattro instead of the rings also.

Frameless rear view is still there

Not read the manual at all I’m afraid, I can have a flick through later though if you like

Looking good. Love how shiny/clean the underneath is when they are new
So Where’s the gpf gubbins?
Did you find the exhaust been toned down after wltp?

Not heard from outside but there are deffo pops and crackles on the over run when in dynamic with sports gearbox setting. It’s more like a muted bass thump in the cabin though .. want to be able to hear it properly hence thinking of getting the res delete.

I think this area may have the offending item :-

137efc7834cb7021d02b80b8293e0bf7.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and AlS3BE
Not heard from outside but there are deffo pops and crackles on the over run when in dynamic with sports gearbox setting. It’s more like a muted bass thump in the cabin though .. want to be able to hear it properly hence thinking of getting the res delete.

I think this area may have the offending item :-

137efc7834cb7021d02b80b8293e0bf7.jpg

Think that muted bass is the soundaktor fake sound speaker. I thought it was an overrun rumble on mine and someone mentioned it’s the fake sound speaker.

No Audi Beam but dealer says they will fit for me as I was expecting it. I’m getting Quattro instead of the rings also.

Not read the manual at all I’m afraid, I can have a flick through later though if you like

Was told by a dealer that if you have led puddle lights you can just buy the lense that gives you the Quattro or Audi logo for £12. Trying to get the part numbers for just the lenses. A damn sight cheaper than £90 option.

Reactions: unitzero

Have you noticed any difference with the MMI (Gen 2) and the Audi Connect 2.

Upload 2018 12 23 18 57 9

Reactions: NevMan
Not had experience with the old version I’m afraid so couldn’t say.

Does the S3 still have the illuminated door sill plates mate.

Last edited:
You no got that New heep of Junk yet............
Nah, according to the dealer it is still on the ****** boat. Been on the boat since 21/12/18.

Nah, according to the dealer it is still on the ****** boat. Been on the boat since 21/12/18.

l waited 3 weeks since my heep was chuck on the Boat...lol............Calm it Janet.............

Reactions: Jcbmally
l waited 3 weeks since my heep was chuck on the Boat...lol............Calm it Janet.............
I've succumbed to thinking I'm getting the thing mid Jan, what's a few more weeks eh

I've succumbed to thinking I'm getting the thing mid Jan, what's a few more weeks eh

Weathers **** mate..........the longer it takes to come ....less money yer not forking out

Ps...MMI2 came out with the Face lift

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
Don’t the new ones come with a GPF and the power is back down to 300ps or 296bhp due to this filter.

Don’t the new ones come with a GPF and the power is back down to 300ps or 296bhp due to this filter.
Yup, 300ps but the torque has been maintained at 400NM.

Does the S3 still have the illuminated door sill plates mate.

Yes they are still illuminated.

My “Quattro” Audi Beam lenses are being posted to me this week also to complete the open doors at night look.

Don’t think I’ve posted these pics here

f354cd330cae8d96b6e3f486239a42ca.jpg

63a5efefc3ed5442756e56b9ec654071.jpg

37e9df8a0ef9b5b52d28c5df1da65961.jpg

3c2accf2e17a45ade1e67cec7a5e4ec7.jpg

Reactions: scoss, TYb, BarryG79 and 4 others
Don’t think I’ve posted these pics here

f354cd330cae8d96b6e3f486239a42ca.jpg

63a5efefc3ed5442756e56b9ec654071.jpg

37e9df8a0ef9b5b52d28c5df1da65961.jpg

3c2accf2e17a45ade1e67cec7a5e4ec7.jpg

Just like my previous S3 mate, look well in white and the SS seats are a must :thumbs up:
Really cant wait much longer for my own to land, tick tock..

Reactions: unitzero
Just like my previous S3 mate, look well in white and the SS seats are a must :thumbs up:
Really cant wait much longer for my own to land, tick tock..
how much longer mate