Facelift The wait begins ... S3 ordered.

how much longer mate
Just been updated by the dealer mate, the car is at the port apparently so they are hoping early next week collection. I back on shift Saturday so they will have to wait for me until mid/end of the week (if it lands).

Reactions: loftylad and MattSedg
Yea I’d also read that. It’s like vag have decided with just a small amount of time to run with these engines to just bodge the last run and concentrate on the next s3 and golf r engines

Reactions: NevMan
I’ll have a look in the morning for you.

Had notifications turned off on here recently sorry for the delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and Sandra
Is there any possibility you could take the engine cover off and take a photo of the engine?

I dont know if your aware but it looks like these new post WLTP engines are not dual injection anymore, you may want to have a read of this:

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/...i-dual-injection/?tab=comments#comment-464312

Not sure if this is still needed but I managed to get some time whilst it was still light today to get some pics of the engine

49c85275b8533f2ac045e07bbcb24493.jpg

Still has the label on down there ..

b58a6f77224c04819d6c86f7d64b1d95.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally
Not sure if this is still needed but I managed to get some time whilst it was still light today to get some pics of the engine

49c85275b8533f2ac045e07bbcb24493.jpg

Still has the label on down there ..

b58a6f77224c04819d6c86f7d64b1d95.jpg

Thank you for the pics, that's definitely single injection.

How is the exhaust noise now you've probably put a few miles on it?

Currently driving a MK7 GTI and it’s coming up to 3 years old so I decided I fancied a change.

Started looking at replacements in May and ended up ordering an A4 Avant Black Edition 2.0TFSI (190) and planned on collecting it in September... but as some may know there have been crazy delays and there’s a chance I may have had to wait until early next year !

At this point I started looking for something available sooner from Audi UK stock but had no joy in getting the right spec, at this point I thought maybe I could afford a used S3 sportback but for my monthly budget all I could afford was a 66 plate which would have only had a years left of warranty and would need MOT’s etc which isn’t what I wanted.

Long story short. I was speaking to Stafford Audi about a used S3 and the saleswoman checked what deal she could do on a new build and it fitted nicely within my budget so I went and ordered one.

Ibis White (non black edition)
Technology Package
Supersport Seats
Roof rails

Possibly getting delivered in February

I didn’t mind waiting that long for an S3 and it gives me time to sell my modified GTI or strip back to standard and PX

Sorry for the essay, but thought I’d get a thread up so I can say Hi and add progress of the build once the S3 arrives.

Couple of my previous cars ..

Current GTI
51ccc3d8e34b7b08bd6008a5dd7709d4.jpg

Old B7 Avant
04bd95b12b766251b80218316088709c.jpg

Patience of a saint waiting til February. I got my car on the day, walked in at 12 and left by 5! (Admittedly there was no finance involved which is usually a nightmare!) Team Ibis is the one! Can't wait to see it once you've got it.

How can you tell?
Looks identical to mine when I topped up the oil the other day. I take the cover off so i don’t spill it everywhere.

How can you tell?
Looks identical to mine when I topped up the oil the other day. I take the cover off so i don’t spill it everywhere.
There is no fuel rail or sensor, this engine is dual injection for comparison

Attachments

• 220_zpsd26f5602.jpg
    220_zpsd26f5602.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 221

Does this explain my poor mpg ? Or it might just be the fact that I only have 770 miles on the engine so far.

I’ll try not to worry about my single injection and just enjoy the car. Exhaust is actually getting a bit more lively I’ve noticed more people turning heads in the street as I drive past and lift off. Still yet to record it from outside though !

And I still want a res delete

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
Does this explain my poor mpg ? Or it might just be the fact that I only have 770 miles on the engine so far.

I’ll try not to worry about my single injection and just enjoy the car. Exhaust is actually getting a bit more lively I’ve noticed more people turning heads in the street as I drive past and lift off. Still yet to record it from outside though !

And I still want a res delete

Its reported that single injection does give lower MPG in city driving.

What sort of MPG are you seeing and what type of driving are you doing?

In regards to the Res delete, the same part should fit on your post WLTP S3 as before. Its been done on the Cupra forums by an owner.

I only do short trips to work, I’m getting sub 20mpg

On the trip to and from the Audi Sport meet today up in Stafford I did manage to get 35mpg though !

I only do short trips to work, I’m getting sub 20mpg

On the trip to and from the Audi Sport meet today up in Stafford I did manage to get 35mpg though !

I'm finding its worse than the previous one I had, about 7mpg less. At 900 miles now so it should improve :racer:

I'm finding its worse than the previous one I had, about 7mpg less. At 900 miles now so it should improve :racer:
That's the difference between single and dual injection. Nobody buys these cars for good mpg but especially around town driving it's makes a huge difference.

I haven't bought it for good mpg mate, just stating its somewhat worse than the last one. Usually an "upgrade" shows a slight increase in fuel consumption but with this one it hasn't.
For comparison, my 310ps one would average 350ish per tank, this one is 270ish per tank. Same style of driving but the weather is colder so that would account for some mpg loss I believe.

Haven't really noticed much myself, surprised if I'm honest.

I actually prefer this MY19 car, its easier to live with....somehow, if you know what I mean?

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
How are you finding the exhaust noise?

My 310ps SB was quite loud and for most of my driving I guess a little annoying, however, when in a playful mood that noise added to the enjoyment of the car in a way. Crackles and farts when changing up gear and the overrun when quickly approaching a roundabout whilst braking sounded nice.

This car is much easier to live with in terms of noise, dropping down gears on the motorway will no longer wake the Mrs up on long journeys and as a result I wont get shouted at as much. There is a noise when accelerating and IMHO its quite a nice noise, more honest and less "yobish", I can hear more of induction noise now and exhaust note is a subtle growl, heard no crackle and pops yet though!

All in all, I prefer this new car and I thought I'd miss the noise more than I have.

Reactions: Chris.D, NevMan, JimmyMcGee and 3 others
I've ordered my S3 and I was a bit disappointed to hear that I won't have the crackle and pops. Reading your post, JonW, I feel a bit better now. And I'm sure I won't mind at all when I receive it :)

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
I've ordered my S3 and I was a bit disappointed to hear that I won't have the crackle and pops. Reading your post, JonW, I feel a bit better now. And I'm sure I won't mind at all when I receive it :)
As @JonW states I think it sounds more grown up. And the true test was when I set off rather enthusiastically (Dynamic mode), from dropping my daughter off, she told me it sounded loud and throaty lol. Kids know best !!!!

Reactions: NevMan and JimmyMcGee
As @JonW states I think it sounds more grown up. And the true test was when I set off rather enthusiastically (Dynamic mode), from dropping my daughter off, she told me it sounded loud and throaty lol. Kids know best !!!!

I'll be coming from a GTD with the external soundaktor so I guess it's about time I grew up LOL

Reactions: Jcbmally
I'll be coming from a GTD with the external soundaktor so I guess it's about time I grew up LOL
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I'm nearly 50 mate and although I like the "nice/subtle" things in life I still have "yobo" moments lol.

Reactions: Ron240, Paul finch, NevMan and 1 other person
Haven't really noticed much myself, surprised if I'm honest.

I actually prefer this MY19 car, its easier to live with....somehow, if you know what I mean?
Compared to what

Sorry for taking this thread kinda off topic, but is there any video floating around comparing the pre and post WLTP S3 sound?

Compared to what

I was in a 310ps SB and now in new S3 Saloon, Mpg wise I can't tell much difference, if I was looking at the dash and the numbers id imagine there is but I feel as though it's ok and above expectations for a new car, I don't seem to be filling up any more often.

As I said before, I prefer it's sound now and the S-tronic feels smoother.

Reactions: Paul finch