B9 they came for it

igmr

Reaction score
frighened off a black clad, masked and hooded b******* last night as he tried to break into the house. He had to be after the rs4, we tracked him touring the village by CCTV looking at cars. Wish I'd let him have it now. Tonight all alarms and lights stay on, dogs are upstairs and various bits of sporting equipment are close to hand. I'll defend loved ones and yes that includes the dogs but a car they can have.

Had a similar experience with a new Porsche many years ago, got rid of it and I think maybe I'll bite the loss and dump the rs4 in the same manner. Cops not in the slightest bit interested.

Neighboure reported someone taking pics of the house and the car today. The RS4 is a criminal gang target. Police advise lock up the house, barricade the family upstairs and, well, hope. Interestingly they say they can track the car even with false plates but frankly who cares, it has to go. So much for buying a new home and car for a quiet retirement. Need to find secure parking for it while the builders are fixing the garage and we put in better security

Shame to hear that. Park it at a family's members house for a while?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I'll borrow it whilst the builders are in.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Get yourself a Pyronix alarm with outside perimeter detectors: https://www.pyronix.com/uk/perimeterdetectives/

I have a few of these along with outside lights that are on all night, cameras and anti-snap locks on all doors. Someone comes into the driveway at night and the alarm goes off it's head. Can't see many would be intruders wanting to try to defeat decent door locks on your house whilst being lit up like a christmas tree and having alarm sirens going off (unless you live in a remote area with no neighbours).

Or buy a ghost immobiliser, they can break into the car but it won’t move until they enter the correct pin code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or buy a ghost immobiliser, they can break into the car but it won’t move until they enter the correct pin code

Definitely a place for the Ghost but to be honest, It's not going to deter violent criminals from marching right back into the property and demanding the code whilst holding a knife to the neck of your nearest and dearest. Any solution that makes the property and car a less attractive prospect in the first place is money better spent. Prevention is better than cure...

Reactions: SiPie and CHEZ
Op - sorry to hear this. You have my sympathy, can be a frightening situation...

I had a Golf R taken from me in broad daylight some three years back. Two hooded masked individuals with weapons, sprung from nowhere confronted me for the keys.

It does sometimes feel you cannot have anything nice these days and with low police resources, these criminals seem to get away with it. You just have to make the car difficult to steal..

G

Op - sorry to hear this. You have my sympathy, can be a frightening situation...

I had a Golf R taken from me in broad daylight some three years back. Two hooded masked individuals with weapons, sprung from nowhere confronted me for the keys.

It does sometimes feel you cannot have anything nice these days and with low police resources, these criminals seem to get away with it. You just have to make the car difficult to steal..

G

I bet your **** dropped out of your pants! What did you do, just sling them the keys?

Broad day light, how brazen is that?!

Yep, gave them the keys, was on the in- laws driveway ready to pick up my daughter.. just wanted them gone. They also tried to wrestle my mobile off me too. They never got caught, ended crashing the car into a skip.. unfortunately was pretty spooked for many months after...

Yep, gave them the keys, was on the in- laws driveway ready to pick up my daughter.. just wanted them gone. They also tried to wrestle my mobile off me too. They never got caught, ended crashing the car into a skip.. unfortunately was pretty spooked for many months after...

Cheeky ******** after the phone as well.. like the RS4 wasn’t enough.

At least they crashed it and hopefully died.

Sounds absolutely terrifying.

Has it put you off owning something decent now?