They giveth S5, then taketh away!

Liddo

S5 Sportback Lease
Reaction score
Well, I was excited to get a phone call yesterday, saying my new S5 will be delivered on Thursday, over a week early :D I thought it was strange as the tracker was still at stage 40 (Grimsby). So today Ive been ringing around for insurance quotes, clearing my old car of my bits n bobs ready to transfer, then I get an email :(

Sorry, we WONT be delivering your car on Thursday as its STILL at Grimsby, not at the dealers :rage:

The contract company are looking into why I was given the go ahead in the first place and are chasing the dealers to get the car "in stock" and PDI asap.

It better be here before next Wednesday, as the A4 is going back

Why doesnt anything EVER go smooth! :tearsofjoy:

Mine got delivered last week. The local Audi garage picked it up from Grimsby and delivered it same day. There was a delay because of a serious accident that held traffic up for 5-6 hours.

I didn't get any calls though about delivery; I just got told the date when I dropped off my forms a couple weeks earlier.

Crap arent they! Im surprised they delivered your car direct from Grimsby?? What about the PDI their meant to do before we get it???

To be fair it wasn't their fault, the accident was genuine and did cause a 5-6 hour queue. They called me early morning saying their driver is stuck and whether I'd be willing to wait a couple more days. I said I really did need it that day and didn't mind if it came late. And they made it.
Not sure what the normal process is, I ordered mine in May from an online broker, got an email couple weeks later saying the car was ahead of schedule. Then didn't hear anything until mid August when the docs came by email, which I was supposed to post to the Audi garage but because it was close I dropped it off in person. They did all the checks whilst I was there and gave me a delivery date. And then I got the call on the day about the delay. Possibly could have gone to the local dealer from Grimsby before coming to mine. Or maybe they did everything in Grimsby to speed things up as they had to do quite a big shuffle because of the delays caused.

Reactions: Liddo