Things that happened to your RS3 8Y today…….

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
Right hand section of virtual cockpit went on strike.
a86dd01333473c8661137d2a1361bd6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: RS03???, Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Right hand section of virtual cockpit went on strike.
a86dd01333473c8661137d2a1361bd6e.jpg

Tyre pressures looking good though :tearsofjoy:

I've not had any glitches like that yet though, only had one MMI reset but I'm considering that a feature now as my s3 did it when it felt like it every few months.

Reactions: RS03??? and 8YARWY
Tyre pressures looking good though :tearsofjoy:

I've not had any glitches like that yet though, only had one MMI reset but I'm considering that a feature now as my s3 did it when it felt like it every few months.
I'm going to investigate with Odis to see if there's a VC update.........

Av never had any issues with the VC in my FL 8V/TTS

I had 2 events early on in 2017 on my FL RS3 where the VC randomly shut down while driving.
After a software update it didn’t happen again.
Still used to get the glow plug light coming on at start up randomly though

Reactions: RS03??? and Jassyo06
My MMI went off mid way through a journey (about 20 miles into it) it said it was 'loading my settings' and took around 5 minutes to come back on, its not the first time it has done this either but usually from start up, good job I had set the Nav or I would have been really pi**ed with it as was just about to enter Liverpool City centre

I jinxed the VC! On the way to work today the sat nav and phone screens spent the whole journey 'initialising'. Fine on the MMI screen though.

Reactions: 8YARWY
I occasionally have an issue which does annoy the hell out of me when it does happen - anyone else had this.

The car will not budge when gear selected to D or R

It asks for the parking brake to be deactivated manually rather than disengage on its own.

Maybe once or twice a month I will get this when it doesn't auto release.

I occasionally have an issue which does annoy the hell out of me when it does happen - anyone else had this.

It asks for the parking brake to be deactivated manually rather than disengage on its own.

Definitely not because there's a door open or no seatbelt on or something like that?

Yes I’ve had this a few times. I put it down to user error and thought I must have engaged some form of extra brake security which required manual activation of hand brake switch.

As you say @Snake Pliskin It only happens occasionally.
Could it be time on brake does something to lock it?

Well my claim to fame this week, is that I have locked myself out of my profile in the car.

I had switched off PIN protection but when I was playing around with app to get Vehicle part to function promptly, I deleted vehicle and then added it back in.

Then in car I had to input profile again and PIN protection came back on. So went through 3 goes and locked it. So when I left car last night I had 1339minutes before I could try again.
I have a list of codes to try, so should be in by end of June.
thank goodness for Guest profile

• Haha
Reactions: kormilo1950, Snake Pliskin and kayemill
Definitely not because there's a door open or no seatbelt on or something like that?
Yes I’ve had this a few times. I put it down to user error and thought I must have engaged some form of extra brake security which required manual activation of hand brake switch.

It's usually on my drive - say I've pulled up to the garage (car still running while door opens) then I press on accelerator to move into garage and it's stubborn as a mule lol and won't budge. I've tried putting foot on brake and still nothing - I have to manually disengage the park brake and then it will roll forward. Some glitch or safety thing no doubt.

Well my claim to fame this week, is that I have locked myself out of my profile in the car.

I had switched off PIN protection but when I was playing around with app to get Vehicle part to function promptly, I deleted vehicle and then added it back in.

Then in car I had to input profile again and PIN protection came back on. So went through 3 goes and locked it. So when I left car last night I had 1339minutes before I could try again.

Sometimes the tech can cause more issues than it solves can't it.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AndyVWR

Safety feature x if the car thinks you’ve left the vehicle when “D” or “R” are engaged, the parking brake is set automatically which you then have to manually override.

you can test it by just opening the door and then trying to drive off.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyVWR and Snake Pliskin
My MMI went off mid way through a journey (about 20 miles into it) it said it was 'loading my settings' and took around 5 minutes to come back on, its not the first time it has done this either but usually from start up, good job I had set the Nav or I would have been really pi**ed with it as was just about to enter Liverpool City centre
This is a safety feature on the car. It doesn’t want you driving into Liverpool city centre…

Reactions: Mike.46 and NevMan
Safety feature x if the car thinks you’ve left the vehicle when “D” or “R” are engaged, the parking brake is set automatically which you then have to manually override.

you can test it by just opening the door and then trying to drive off.
Thanks @Frizzley that makes sense. I’ll be more careful and put it into N.

Reactions: Frizzley

Good News…….I’m in, I either remembered the PIN or reset it and the car accepted it.
But the whole app, website is so annoying. It’s says, not working not working…then it’ll just pop up and say all sorted and functioning (well for most of it) and I have no understanding as to why it’s now accepted the info.
Still not got vehicle choice on App to work yet.
Also I asked to cancel pin and it went into super hang made,
“note”
“Checking for Authorisation”
“Please wait”

Trouble was I drove 73miles with that message.
but now I’ve got the screen working under my profile and seems to be ok on my return journey.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
Got a ridiculous puncture today in the edge and through the side on a 3inch screw! only done 2k miles. Typically the shop didn’t have a like for like tyre so it’s repping a budget till it arrives

93D56F58 FC3A 4E03 A65A 0CCB8F3524AC

• Wow
Reactions: Terminator x, kayemill and RS03???
Got a ridiculous puncture today in the edge and through the side on a 3inch screw! only done 2k miles. Typically the shop didn’t have a like for like tyre so it’s repping a budget till it arrives

View attachment 255089
Not surprised, given the amount of skips on the road outside the houses is so ridiculous. My next door neighbour is having his roof done, so waiting for my nail.