Things you did to your 8Y RS3 thread.

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
Feel free to add what you’ve done / doing.

Fitted this today…….

cee472063660c3d8ccefab6b7823bf21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959, Mr Freeze, Terminator x and 1 other person
Canbus immobiliser.

Similar to Ghost.

Cool.

Biggest mod so far is dogs harness in back seat She joins us everywhere.

Reactions: IanL-RS3, cooperp, NevMan and 1 other person

Fitted this today…….

Self-fit or paid to fit. Similar colour wires to Ampire module you posted sometime ago.

Self-fit or paid to fit. Similar colour wires to Ampire module you posted sometime ago.

Self fit…….

They are all pretty much of a muchness now.

This one can disable through the gearbox or engine.

Reactions: RS03???
I take it the two twisted pairs of wires on the scorpian need the can bus to the gearbox cutting?

No, there is no cutting of Can wires.
So, I just popped into Audi to get my silver trim dash piece changed, I asked the service guy what didnt invalidate Audi's warranty? How about a Ghost? replay ''they're fine I have loads of customers with those fitted, they only affect warranty if they cause the fault'',
So I replied ''Audi UK says they void the warranty'' ''well in that case then I wouldnt fit one''

*** it's hard :sadlike:

So, I just popped into Audi to get my silver trim dash piece changed, I asked the service guy what didnt invalidate Audi's warranty? How about a Ghost? replay ''they're fine I have loads of customers with those fitted, they only affect warranty if they cause the fault'',
So I replied ''Audi UK says they void the warranty'' ''well in that case then I wouldnt fit one''

*** it's hard :sadlike:

What fault would it cause ?

Today I mostly welcomed back beading! Next job is wheels off and coat after I shift covid.
20220329 211527

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
What fault would it cause ?

I have no idea :) could it prevent over the air software updates maybe?

I need to look into it further to see how it connects into the car and the can bus unless you can shed some light on the subject ?

I have no idea :) could it prevent over the air software updates maybe?

I need to look into it further to see how it connects into the car and the can bus unless you can shed some light on the subject ?

It’ll not affect any OTA updates.

Reactions: Mike.46
It’ll not affect any OTA updates.

I'm tempted to fit something my self, but for the life on me I cannot find any wiring diagrams of the engine ecu and ancilliary's, something like a bit of wizadry with a relay and a timer relay so it blows the horn for 20 seconds instead of starting when the start button is pressed would work I think

Turns out this has a security flaw that’s been discovered……..

Wasn’t on an Audi but still on a VAG keyless car, which has prompted me to disable it for now.

This would be the eibach sport line kit with bimecc 12mm(f) and 15mm(r) done today at R44 on my filthy saloon, lucky it's booked in for new car detail (multi stage decontamination wash process followed by a single stage machine polish to remove any swirls picked up. Layer of ceramic coating on the paintwork & alloy wheels, dress the plastics, clean windows inside & out, protect floor mats & protect the seats) next week :)

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, Daggerit and 5 others
This would be the eibach sport line kit with bimecc 12mm(f) and 15mm(r) done today at R44 on my filthy saloon, lucky it's booked in for new car detail (multi stage decontamination wash process followed by a single stage machine polish to remove any swirls picked up. Layer of ceramic coating on the paintwork & alloy wheels, dress the plastics, clean windows inside & out, protect floor mats & protect the seats) next week :)

View attachment 252530
That's nice. Really tempted to lower it - it's obviously very early days but would appreciate if you can let us know if it's massively detrimental to the ride quality.

Looks good, imagine how lost the wheels would look without spacers!

I think that the Sportline springs might be a little too low for my personal taste/driveway entry, hopefully someone will fit a Pro-kit set soon with some spacers and I can get a comparison before I do either.

Did they re-calibrate your suspension and cameras and things for you at the same time? Is that something you have to do on the 8Y's I presume?

Be the 8Y2 by time you get yours Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Daggerit

Fitted this today…….

Taken off the car.

Avoid this like the plague, yes it stops the car being started, but there’s a way to circumvent it.

Not good at all.

Reactions: Mike.46
I did NOTHING

As I don't have a car yet... week 35 currently.

Reactions: Alan Oliver
Taken off the car.

Avoid this like the plague, yes it stops the car being started, but there’s a way to circumvent it.

Not good at all.

When I had the ghost fitted they said a few cars could be bypassed with it installed, though rare, but I also had a crank cut relay fitted at the same time.

Reactions: 8YARWY
When I had the ghost fitted they said a few cars could be bypassed with it installed, though rare, but I also had a crank cut relay fitted at the same time.

Yeah am getting a ghost now.

The explanation from the supplier in Germany was laughable and shows how they have no idea about the product (is basically an Ampire rebranded).

That's nice. Really tempted to lower it - it's obviously very early days but would appreciate if you can let us know if it's massively detrimental to the ride quality.

Though only 2 days and under 100miles fitted, there were plenty of testing roads leading from Wembley down to the M4 and with adaptive suspension in comfort, very little difference to me, nice and smooth. Standard suspension with the drop may be a different story though?

I was a little unsure with the drop beforehand, but as soon as I saw it with the spacers..... perfect!

Looks good, imagine how lost the wheels would look without spacers!

I think that the Sportline springs might be a little too low for my personal taste/driveway entry, hopefully someone will fit a Pro-kit set soon with some spacers and I can get a comparison before I do either.

Did they re-calibrate your suspension and cameras and things for you at the same time? Is that something you have to do on the 8Y's I presume?
As far as I am aware, no, but I didn't stay around during fit, disappeared down to Olympic way for about 3hrs before heading back to collect the car and home.

I'm no tuber with a fetish for vlogging stuff and saying "2022 audi rs3" about a thousand times a minute AH lol but R44 were accommodating and any issues I will take it back there.

Zachs m240i was nice inside, but they all seemed to prefer the RS3 inside over BMW tho.

Reactions: Daggerit and NevMan

View attachment 252530
Looks spot on mate:icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally
Lol Tried to buy Michelin MPS4S to suit my car. fronts no problem but rears are a no no.

Same with Goodyear F1 Supersports but no fronts available only rears.

Anybody still have that protective film on the silver bits on the door switches? I noticed it on there a few days ago and still haven't yet removed it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: the car is young, there's plenty of time :tearsofjoy:

Anyway...
IMG 20220414 WA0005

a good profile shot at @fmdetailing yesterday

Reactions: WilsonRS, Jcbmally, Frosty1 and 3 others
^^ damn that is :wub:

Fran making it look its best!

TX.

Reactions: FranA3 and Add_Profile
According to the app, I'm currently on 454 miles, absolutely no noise or squeaks so far albeit early days. Excellent feel and stopping power when pressed hard and normal conditions, but found when moving very slowly in traffic then coming to a stop, I feel I need to push the pedal "more" than I should at the point of stopping the car, just a quirk of ceramic I guess but something muscle memory will make unnoticeable in time.

I've heard they can be noisy, squeal etc, but I don't have anything yet, super pleased at the moment with them overall. And of course, they look fantastic.

For me, the MSG discount more than covered the cost of adding ceramics (Dynamic pack) as well as the C&S pack to bring the purchase price of the Carbon Black down to below that of a standard car (current list price), which was a big factor in making the commitment to adding ceramics in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, RS3ree, Stu-27 and 5 others
Anybody still have that protective film on the silver bits on the door switches? I noticed it on there a few days ago and still haven't yet removed it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: the car is young, there's plenty of time :tearsofjoy:

Anyway...
View attachment 252976
a good profile shot at @fmdetailing yesterday

@FranA3 is a legend. Top bloke and brilliant at his job

Reactions: FranA3, Terminator x and Add_Profile
First wheels off session.
Full decontamination, clay, degrease and a coat of Red Mist. Gave the brakes a coating too as well as remote the massive white QR code sticker.
I had to kick the rear wheels off due to dissimilar metal corrosion, thought they'd slip off after only 4 months of being mated.
20220417 110510
20220417 112104
20220417 114735
20220417 114629
20220417 122914

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, billymc92 and 5 others
My car is still at week 35 - it has been there for the last 3/4 weeks so I think it is pretty reasonable to assume it will end up being built around then and turn up in September.

I will be taking an Audi press RS3 on the high-speed bowl at Milbrook in a week or so and will see how it performs and how fast we can get it but when I get my car, my list of things I will do is

1. Change the vents
  2. Re-trim/replace wheel
  3. Get something to cover that god-awful gloss black centre part where the gear puck is.
  4. Possibly get my callipers painted red (as black is boring)

Reactions: NevMan
First wheels off session.
Full decontamination, clay, degrease and a coat of Red Mist. Gave the brakes a coating too as well as remote the massive white QR code sticker.
I had to kick the rear wheels off due to dissimilar metal corrosion, thought they'd slip off after only 4 months of being mated.
View attachment 253083View attachment 253084View attachment 253085View attachment 253086View attachment 253087

Cleaned mine again today, I think these wheels are pretty easy to clean.
The BigBoi dryer comes into its own for drying them too.

Reactions: NevMan, RS03??? and RSt3ve
Close to the magic number………

Maybe it’ll change from a Dyson to a Shark at 1k

57a46c260f95751aa644c848690bd17f.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally