Things you did to your 8Y RS3 thread.

Fitted this today, I was abit skeptical but I can definitely feel the increase in power. Seems to pull quite abit harder. Nice stop gap untill a proper tune is available

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220917-191513_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220917-191513_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 341
Reactions: Mike.46 and billymc92
Spent a couple of hours trying to find a workshop open Sat afternoon to fix this…

Attachments

• 8433D359-6EF0-49B3-A8BF-F3D00FF96917.jpeg
    8433D359-6EF0-49B3-A8BF-F3D00FF96917.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 180
  • C52F5619-317D-4A0D-AD53-AE5B24EBEB52.jpeg
    C52F5619-317D-4A0D-AD53-AE5B24EBEB52.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 207
Spent a couple of hours trying to find a workshop open Sat afternoon to fix this…

Just had the same, Kwik Fit actually came good which makes a change so I didn't have to replace a tyre after only 3000 miles of wear. Have to say mate, that looks deliberate though......

Just had the same, Kwik Fit actually came good which makes a change so I didn't have to replace a tyre after only 3000 miles of wear. Have to say mate, that looks deliberate though......
I thought that too, didn’t want to say though.

I thought that too, didn’t want to say though.
I'm pretty sure I picked it up on the road while driving. When I noticed the sound of it turning on the tyre, it was pretty significant and loud.
IMG 0308

The plug is holding up well, went for a spirited drive through the hills today in good company and all is well.

Reactions: Terminator x, kayemill, RS03??? and 2 others
Did you happen to use a floor jack? If so what points did you use to jack the car up?

There’s a part of the Cill that has an extended part like a tab pointing downwards if you follow, that’s the jacking point, behind the moulded bodywork you’ll see them if you lay next to the car.

I usually use the Autolift 3000, but for any quick jobs I’ve 2 trolley jacks and axle stands for safety.

Link to a thread with pictures of my 8V car

Post in thread 'Maybe silly question about car jack' https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/maybe-silly-question-about-car-jack.416349/post-3568235

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed an underseat sub! My god what a difference it has made to the quality of the Audi sound system!
20221021 083004

Reactions: drgav2005, RS3ree, Amirh87 and 1 other person
I'd be interested in that if you could share details.
Sure thing! The sub is the Pioneer TS-WX130DA
I took the audio feed from the stock sub, and wired the live directly to the battery, running the cables in the trims, then under the carpet and under the seat.
The sub detects the signal so no need for the blue wire to be connected.
Took me around 3 hours to install with no prior knowledge, I think I could do it about an hour if I did it again.
You will need about 6m of speaker cable and some fork connectors. I used these https://www.halfords.com/motoring/t...ords-cable-lock-connectors-5-amp-207936.html? To tap into the audio feed
I used the hook part of velcro tape to keep it in place.
Let me know if you want any more information

Reactions: IanL-RS3
Did you havr the B & O system or standard audi system?

Reactions: IanL-RS3
Used OBD11 to remember lane assist setting.

I still use lane assist with ACC as I do like it when I'm driving Glasgow to London. But on my day to day it's no longer trying to kill me by driving into oncoming traffic on country roads!

Reactions: Mike.46, Southall87, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Used OBD11 to remember lane assist setting.

I still use lane assist with ACC as I do like it when I'm driving Glasgow to London. But on my day to day it's no longer trying to kill me by driving into oncoming traffic on country roads!
Thats exactly the way it should have been straight from Audi, not 'on' at every start up, and then you canswitch it back on in conjunction with predictive ACC and have a little nap :)

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and 8YARWY
Thats exactly the way it should have been straight from Audi, not 'on' at every start up, and then you canswitch it back on in conjunction with predictive ACC and have a little nap :)

I’ve just this week completely turned off all the Front Assist features on the Wife’s GTD, they are too dangerous, the car was over reacting to cars turning, cars in the left hand lane etc.

Reactions: Daggerit and IanL-RS3
I’ve just this week completely turned off all the Front Assist features on the Wife’s GTD, they are too dangerous, the car was over reacting to cars turning, cars in the left hand lane etc.

I have learned to drive around the audi pre-sense. You know you are well clear of the car filtering left or right, pre-sense however has sensed some sort of telepathic response from the driver in front that they are about to swerve across 2 lanes and cause an obstruction and firmly plants my sodding nose against the windscreen. So like training a dog with an electric collar I arm careful in close proximity to cars, the trouble is I must look like a 90 year old in a Honda Jizz.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike.46 and IanL-RS3

Thats odd. my Golf R (2017) was much 'better' than my current RS3, I think in the 4 1/2 years it only triggered maybe twice

Thats odd. my Golf R (2017) was much 'better' than my current RS3, I think in the 4 1/2 years it only triggered maybe twice

Dunno.

I did wonder if somethings on it’s way out maybe as she said it was ‘over’ reacting in certain situations, however I did some diagnostic work with Odis and no errors were flagged in GFF.

I have to admit, since I’ve turned it all the way down I haven’t had it trigger incorrectly once. A couple of times when cars were leaving roundabout and things where I’ve had it trigger in other cars it didn’t in the RS3, which I was pretty happy about.

I have to admit, since I’ve turned it all the way down I haven’t had it trigger incorrectly once. A couple of times when cars were leaving roundabout and things where I’ve had it trigger in other cars it didn’t in the RS3, which I was pretty happy about.

Are you talking about turning lane assist down?

I've not noticed that kicking in (apart from the perpetual orange crash icon on the HUD)
It's a PITA when it does kick in, someone turned left in front of me very slowly, I was steering around them just about to blow the horn (they also pulled out in front of me 25 metres earlier) when full on crash icon/brakes go on, I had a Taxi very close behind and floored the throttle to stop him hitting me, nothing, no response at all, so now weve got an irate Taxi driver throwing a few f*cks in my direction and i'm the bad guy

I've not noticed that kicking in (apart from the perpetual orange crash icon on the HUD)

Ah, I thought that’s what you meant by front assist. Do you mean the lane departure thing? I turned that off with OBD11 because it’s a PITA.

I find the only time I get the front collision stuff not working is when it’s really foggy on my windscreen and once it’s clear it’s worked no problem.

Ah, I thought that’s what you meant by front assist. Do you mean the lane departure thing? I turned that off with OBD11 because it’s a PITA.

I find the only time I get the front collision stuff not working is when it’s really foggy on my windscreen and once it’s clear it’s worked no problem.

Yeah lane assist

It's handy on the motorway in conjunction ACC.

Reactions: Daggerit
Car was covered in road grime/salt so popped into my local car wash just to use the jet spray…….don’t worry, nothing touching my paintwork. Anyway, was a lady in a high spec light green metallic 72 plate Q3 before me. Watched her use the brush and everything…….could hardly bear to watch. Some people have no idea. Anyway, with the ceramic on mine, most of the filth just slid off so that will do until I can properly sort out a detail when it’s dry.

Reactions: NevMan
My carbox bootliner finally arrived!
Size is 99 x 130 x 33 and fits perfectly with the rear seats down
20221223 134143

Reactions: NevMan, Frankel, VAGRANT and 2 others
Sure thing! The sub is the Pioneer TS-WX130DA
I took the audio feed from the stock sub, and wired the live directly to the battery, running the cables in the trims, then under the carpet and under the seat.
The sub detects the signal so no need for the blue wire to be connected.
Took me around 3 hours to install with no prior knowledge, I think I could do it about an hour if I did it again.
You will need about 6m of speaker cable and some fork connectors. I used these https://www.halfords.com/motoring/t...ords-cable-lock-connectors-5-amp-207936.html? To tap into the audio feed
I used the hook part of velcro tape to keep it in place.
Let me know if you want any more information
Hi, thought I would do likewise and have gone for the slightly updated version, TS-WX140DA.
Hope to fit it tomorrow but have had a quick look for the OE Sub behind the boot panel.
Would appreciate anything else that you can add, in particular -
  • Did you leave the OE Sub connected?
  • Exactly where did you route the cables?
  • Did you connect the audio feed to one or both input channels?
  • Where did you fit the remote control?
Any other guidance gratefully received.

Thanks in advance, Ian.

Hi, thought I would do likewise and have gone for the slightly updated version, TS-WX140DA.
Hope to fit it tomorrow but have had a quick look for the OE Sub behind the boot panel.
Would appreciate anything else that you can add, in particular -
  • Did you leave the OE Sub connected?
  • Exactly where did you route the cables?
  • Did you connect the audio feed to one or both input channels?
  • Where did you fit the remote control?
Any other guidance gratefully received.

Thanks in advance, Ian.
Yes I left the OE sub connected
There is a loom that runs down the sides of the car under the plastic trims, I just followed it's route.
I connected to both
The remote lives in the storage area under the armrest, but to be honest once it was set I could have just cabled tied it under the seat as I haven't used it.

Yes I left the OE sub connected
There is a loom that runs down the sides of the car under the plastic trims, I just followed it's route.
I connected to both
The remote lives in the storage area under the armrest, but to be honest once it was set I could have just cabled tied it under the seat as I haven't used it.
Thanks, didn't get to it last week but might have time tomorrow so that is helpful.

I took inspiration from idcarparts on Insta and decided to do the job myself. Bought the OEM Dinamica material from https://apexleather.com/suede-1/ and wrapped the gloss black and side vent trim parts myself. The color ANTHRACITE matched the door card inserts perfectly. Pretty happy with the results. :icon thumright:

RmE5OP6

S2CT6yM

FRmRyuI

YQGGSUQ

Yh8QSyS

Reactions: drgav2005, Kevmoz, RS03??? and 1 other person
I took inspiration from idcarparts on Insta and decided to do the job myself. Bought the OEM Dinamica material from https://apexleather.com/suede-1/ and wrapped the gloss black and side vent trim parts myself. The color ANTHRACITE matched the door card inserts perfectly. Pretty happy with the results. :icon thumright:

View attachment 272232

View attachment 272233

View attachment 272234

View attachment 272235

View attachment 272236

Looks really good. I’d love to be able to do that but I know I’d mess it up! Do you think it would look alright without the stitching, like just in one piece for the dash section where you have the red stitching?

Looks really good. I’d love to be able to do that but I know I’d mess it up! Do you think it would look alright without the stitching, like just in one piece for the dash section where you have the red stitching?

I think it would look fine without the stitching as well, I just wanted a little extra color. The material is very easy to wrap, I used contact cement on both surfaces and it holds very well.

Reactions: Daggerit
I think it would look fine without the stitching as well, I just wanted a little extra color. The material is very easy to wrap, I used contact cement on both surfaces and it holds very well.

Good to know, thanks very much for the response!