Think the S3 has to go after 5 months of ownership :(.

Lewbo

Reaction score
Well I think it maybe time to sell my S3 8p2 after only 5 months of ownership and loved every single minute of it and will be sad to see it go if i have to. Reason been is think its time I left home and got my own place so selling my s3 will be perfect amount for a deposit on a house.

Now my question is what would I expect to put my car up for sale For a reasonable price leaving it as it is my spec is in my sig. Car has done 40k miles, full service history. 2 keys ect and is 2008 57 plate.

Or would I be better taking the buckets out selling them separate to get more money, cos I would consider it but this may also take my car longer to sell as its a really big selling point for an S3 as they are so rare.

So I am asking what everyone's opinions would be for selling price as it Is now or with taking buckets out and price to sell the car without them.

Mmm...........buckets! Pity you have to sell bud. Should still be worth 16000?

I know bud will be sad to see it go if I do decide to sell up, been looking on autotrader ect found some exactly same age mileage and spec except rnse and are asking £17-£18k so maybe thinking start at £17k? Does that sound about right?

Shame you're letting it go, but getting your own place is as good a reason as any.

Buckets are rare... but I think you'd be better selling/swapping them as you'd make more off the trade for standard seats than they'll add to the price of the car. It happens to be one of those 'booms' in buckets at the moment though, so you might not move them as easily as you'd think (or at least not as quickly). I'd recommend taking off the twin-take too, and refitting the engine cover. Some people don't like to see a tinkered with engine bay, and the same as the seats - you should get more for selling it that it would add to the car.

I personally wouldn't go anywhere near a car that's been modified but that's just me.
As for your £17-18k? That's well into 8P3 money, regardless of spec.
I only paid £18800 12 months ago for my 8P3 with 12k from an Arnold Clark garage. Still had 6 mths warranty left then etc.
£15k with std seats or £16k with buckets so your as well selling them separately.

It doesn't have twintake on I need to change sig, I had it fitted for 2 days and removed it, so it hadnt really been tampered with lol I know that's 8p3 money, but if I start at 17k always get knocked down anyways worth a try, well to sell buckets separate would mean spending £500 for some seats to replace the buckets and to sell buckets for £2k if am lucky, for the sake of £500 would just be easier to leave them in and make the car appeal more to buyers.

You could always advertise them for sale on a PX option only.
Are the rear seats the ones with the dimples in or have the buckets been fitted from new?

No buckets were fitted from new so it's the nappa leather rear seats

PX option wouldn't really work then eh.
Best just leaving them as something to attract the sellers.
Good luck with the sale.

I wish you all the best but think that anywhere near 17/18k is going to be very lucky. I have a 57 plate ibis white (the best colur of course!) with 32k, stage 1 software and a few other bits and pieces inc new clutch and had little or no interest at 15 or thereabouts a few months back when the market was stronger. Admittedly no buckets but don't think that will make a 2k difference do would suggest splitting the buckets out in a px deal. Just my 2p worth. GLWS.

Mine went for £16,700 in March 2011, high spec 57 Plate, Sprint Blue, very high spec (no buckets), mint condition, 38K miles...etc.
Took a while to shift on a private sale too.

Think about the ones on autotrader going for 17 to 18k they might be advertised at that but not selling for that you will notice the same ones on for weeks and weeks it's not a seller's market

March 2011 was good times for selling Paul!!
#

Aye, its a tough private market at the minute mate, I had a right chew on selling my 320d a few months back and ended up taking a big hit and not acheiving that much more than dealer p/x. (5% ish).

Bucket`d S3s do seem to sell Ok though so I reckon you shout at £15K is probably sensible.

OP- GLWS:thumbsup:

Paul

Given the situation, I'd consider a halfway house (if you will excuse the pun). Why not sell the S3, but get something like a Clio 172 / 182 for under £5k so that you have good pile of cash in the bank, but are not going cold turkey on performance cars?

In a slightly different situation in 2006, I sold my 300+bhp Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo and ran around in my wife's 60bhp Clio. I "upgraded" our now joint car to a Punto Sporting JTD 130bhp 6 months later, but it wasn't until I got us a Clio 197 another year later that I was happy again. The moral of the story is that you will be miserable without a performance car!

Be sure that this is the right thing for you to do; I'm sure you posted recently about considering a facelift to 8P3 on your S3?

Mine went for £16,700 in March 2011, high spec 57 Plate, Sprint Blue, very high spec (no buckets), mint condition, 38K miles...etc.

Yes but you included a mankini.

Given the situation, I'd consider a halfway house (if you will excuse the pun). Why not sell the S3, but get something like a Clio 172 / 182 for under £5k so that you have good pile of cash in the bank, but are not going cold turkey on performance cars?

In a slightly different situation in 2006, I sold my 300+bhp Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo and ran around in my wife's 60bhp Clio. I "upgraded" our now joint car to a Punto Sporting JTD 130bhp 6 months later, but it wasn't until I got us a Clio 197 another year later that I was happy again. The moral of the story is that you will be miserable without a performance car!

Be sure that this is the right thing for you to do; I'm sure you posted recently about considering a facelift to 8P3 on your S3?

Agree with this, there are some good small fast cars available for little money nowadays, Mini Cooper S, Clio 172, 182, Civic Type R & Corolla T-Sports. Most of those are not to bad on fuel either but i have heard the charged mini is a bit thirsty. Im all for diesels but when i look at the market diesels are being marked up considerably higher and for less money you can buy a nice small performance petrol which may not seem like such a bad idea.