Q5 Thinking of buying a Q5 with Xenon Plus

Leebroath

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thinking about things and is Xenon Plus any / or much better than the original Xenon which we had previously with our older car, the 2016 Q5 we are thinking about buying doesn't have LED but only Xenon Plus. I do remember when I had my 2010 A4 which had Xenon I had to get the garage to click the headlights up a few clicks so I could see further down the road, the original Xenon's were pretty bad and did not shine as far as I wanted :(

Also as the headlight is further up per say (in the Q5) than for example on an A4, I presume the light does shine that little bit further?

Can anyone advise if the have a Q5 that their light projection to the front is adequate or not?

I know it won't be like the Matrix Headlight we have on the A7 but was just wondering :)

thanks for any help

Not sure why you didn't link this to your other thread, the lights are very good and more than sufficient to current LED/Matrix lights. In fact are a lot better at throwing light than LED lights. Knowledge is from having both and most recent S3 have Matrix LED's which are another level but that is merely due to the adaptive nature.

You will not have a problem with the Xenon lights.

Cheers mate, this was going to be a deal breaker

I really enjoy being able to see further into the field and with my A4 with Xenon it was just terrible

The garage had to click the lights up 2 notches and that was adequate

I forgot to say, I'm coming from Matrix LED with the A7 to a Q5 with Xenon Plus headlights

I forgot to say, I'm coming from Matrix LED with the A7 to a Q5 with Xenon Plus headlights
In that case Its light going from a candle to Halogen in your house. Very different outputs and you will notice a difference.

Matrix LED, for me, is now a must. They are so much brighter and clearer and the auto dip function is superb, as is the side lights that illuminate when you get to a junction or are maneuvering.

'Like night and day' - if you'll excuse the pun.

It’s done and dusted now...this morning was the last straw. Got into the car and let the engine run while it was defrosting and when I started the motor it stated something like ‘Start Stop Unavailable’ so I stopped the car and started it again. Left the car and came back 5min later and tried the door passengers side rear door to lift my child into his car seat and it was locked, tried other doors and all were locked, it wasn’t until my daughter opened my drivers door and said this is still open.

The keys were not working at all even after all this, they just would not open and close the doors, it wasn’t until later the keys started to work at the school and I managed to finally lock/unlock the doors

I’ve had enough, and this morning was just the nail in the coffin for the A7