thinking of s1

gingers3

Reaction score
im thinking of buying an s1 , i have a tt rs now but looking for some thing newer amd slightly more practical
any problems to look out for ???

Squeaky clutch pedal is the only common fault so far, but a squirt of WD40 solves it :)

If you tune it, the clutch is the weak point, but it's not really an issue, it's not like it's going to cook it's self in 2k miles (I've done 5k with a tune and it's still as new). I'll be uprating mine when it wears out as it's not worth doing it before.

sounds pretty much the same as any other fast audi lol
i think the 1 im looking at has pretty much all the extras too
power will be down compared to my tt but hoping the s1 will be more fun

It's the most fun (new) car I've ever driven - and the list includes BMW 135i and M3, 911 GTS, Maserati GT etc etc
You won't be disappointed!

Be prepared for loads of attention lol. To be honest I had a race with a ttrs up near brands hatch just before I had mine remapped and it wasn't much quicker. Now I think I'd have him

my tt is stage 1 about 400 bhp but if im honest i prefered it before it was mapped
have you heard of a turbo recall on the s1 ?

Well there is always Viper Green lol

Yea, I did both ;)

1347d8ebbe950dc4539ba3573356f921.jpg

Reactions: andy l and Ian Whiffen
have you heard of a turbo recall on the s1 ?

No, presuming you have heard a rumour?

But I've still not confirmed if it's the same turbo as the Golf GTI mk7. In theory it is (same power output), but the engine code is unique to the S1, so there must be something different on it to the GTI lump.

i was a little concerned the s1 was a younger guys car some even say a girls car , have you found this ?

That's probably a bit of jealousy, I don't buy into this rule of thinking if I like it I don't really care what anyone thinks.
To be honest can't see to many young men driving them as there quite expensive compared to say something like a Fiesta ST.
I personally love yellow but went for blue due to the wife, I've only seen one other in a year and that was a middle aged women in my local Tesco and I spoke with her and she said it was her husbands car.
Get one you won't be disappointed, I believe it's the best fun car that Audi make at present.

Reactions: S1Grant and Ian Whiffen
Yeah I'm old enough to know better but I think life is too short not you enjoy yourself. I'm going to do a track day at Brands Hatch in mine and pop out to the Nurburgring later this year.

I'm 29 and know owners ranging from 19 to 50something. It seems to be quite age agnostic!
Like Ian I probably should be being more sensible but you only live once right?

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
its misano red , sport back , ex demo so fully specced inc both quattro packs and all option boxes ticked

Reactions: Prof.Farnsworth and AlistairS
Definitely the best Colour you've gone for :)

I came from a Fiesta ST-2 to this as I wanted something that was a bit more exclusive. I haven't seen another one around here yet. Unlike the ST

Last edited:
picked the s1 up on saturday , sad to see the tt go but have to say the s1 is a cracking little car , so far no negatives
the black roof needed some machine polishing but lookes stunning now

picked the s1 up on saturday , sad to see the tt go but have to say the s1 is a cracking little car , so far no negatives
the black roof needed some machine polishing but lookes stunning now
Fair play mate any pics? get mine tomorrow!

Life is too short! I bought my S1 as a 21st birthday present to myself :)

No age/sex barrier when it comes to motoring pleasures...just enjoy and ignore what other says/thinks. S1 certainly is a pleasure to drive.