Thinking of selling, thoughts and prices...

Rolly88

Reaction score
Just wanted to get thoughts on my thinking, am I being crazy and what would you pay for it?

I'm going away for work for a few months in March and it'll just sit on the drive whilst away with the occasional drive from my wife. So part of me feels it may make sense to sell before I go.

My car is a 59 plate 2.0TDI (170) Sport sportback. Comes in Aruba Blue and main features are adaptive Xenons with LED DRLs, bluetooth, climate control. I know the 170hp is rarer and the adaptive xenons aren't too common either so guessing this helps add value to the car. At the same time it makes it harder to value. It currently has 83k miles on, would be 85/86k by March. I'd want to get £9k minimum for it, hopefully a bit more than this if possible, is this being too optimistic (or even more optimistically, undervalued...)? If sold for less than this then probably not worth it because of outstanding payments. I'd want to pay this off and be left with some money for a deposit on a new car when I return. Before I sell I need to fix/replace one of the headlights as the DRLs are out on it, so theres that to consider too.

So I bought it about a year ago. Part of me really enjoys the car (mainly the engine), part of me doesn't, like something just isn't right but can't put my finger on it. Only reason why I changed car to the A3 was that the engine in my old car killed itself and cost to repair was huge. I really didn't have much time to look around for a new car at the time and as just put a deposit down on a house really wasn't flexible. So found this locally and thought great this will be really good but it just hasn't quite lived up to expectations for some reason.

So, am I being crazy thinking of selling? What would you realistically pay for this?