Thinking of..

The link doesn't work, I have deciphered it and this is what you need to post.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503121655540

Seems expensive to me, I only paid a little more than that 18 months ago to buy my 3.0 TDI quattro with about 10K more miles on the clock.Don't get carried away with the 19 inch wheels.
The one picture of the wheels shows it has an Accelera tyre , possibly the worst tyre ever in terms of wet grip with a piece missing from the rim protector at the top, so looks the tyres were fitted second hand or the wheels have been refurbed. To me you can tell about a lot about a car looking at the tyres.

Karl.

Reactions: mister.c., V6 Quatt and Gez77
Last edited:
Reactions: mister.c.
thats not bad but need trade and what an s line

I think you might benefit from spending time researching the A4 range on here before you rush to buy.

Reactions: mister.c., RS5 JON and V6 Quatt
fancied the A4 and i would like the 168 bhp . all i know is iv seen a few s lines and they are what i want

sorry that was a typing mistake, i want an s line

Ah, forgive me. I thought you were asking what an S-Line was, which prompted my comment about researching the model.

Keep in mind there are hundreds, if not thousands of 2.0TDi S-Lines for sale all over the country. Spend some time looking at - and driving - as many as you can before parting with your cash.

The looking for 2 years -- is that your OCD thing? :)

Reactions: mister.c. and skiptowncat
haha ye im so picky iv found one i actually like but the 80k miles is really bugging me

Lol, when I went to buy my s4 I paid a deposit on the first one I drove.

Reactions: scotty76
The facelift B8 looks good value even if it isn't a S-Line

Do you do a lot of miles? The petrols are worth looking at as well. They are all turbo'd as well so they aren't slow. You'll need to be doing around 15k a year for a diesel to be beneficial. Just be careful around tthe early 2.0 tfsi as they have oil consumption issues. I gave 10k for my 1.8 tfsi S-Line with 45k on the clock.

TE="desertstorm, post: 2425717, member: 84666"]The link doesn't work, I have deciphered it and this is what you need to post.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503121655540

Seems expensive to me, I only paid a little more than that 18 months ago to buy my 3.0 TDI quattro with about 10K more miles on the clock.Don't get carried away with the 19 inch wheels.
The one picture of the wheels shows it has an Accelera tyre , possibly the worst tyre ever in terms of wet grip with a piece missing from the rim protector at the top, so looks the tyres were fitted second hand or the wheels have been refurbed. To me you can tell about a lot about a car looking at the tyres.

Karl.[/QUOTE]
Accelera phi 2 tyres are actually a pretty decent budget tyre and highly regarded. It would be a fair point if it had linglong on one corner and triangle on the other with a couple of part warns thrown in for good measure.

To declare a car as possibly a pup due to it wearing mid range or budget tyres is ludicrous. Accelera tyres or significantly more expensive to buy than they used to be. Probably due to the good reviews they got by money conscious owners.

And nearly all second hand cars these days have refurbished wheels.

Reactions: Gez77
There aren't any other pictures of tyres fitted to the car so it may well have a Triangle / LingLong tyre or just more Accelera tyres.
I have personal experience of Accelera tyres having had two brand new ones that were fitted to a Passat I bought several years ago. When I mentioned to the salesman about how poor most Chinese tyres were he said that these were good. I took the car for a test drive and as it was dry the tyres seemed OK.
I bought the car and owned it for seven years before selling it on and buying the Audi I have now.
The Accelera tyres lasted about three weeks, the first time I went out in the car in the wet I nearly had an accident at a roundabout, the car just understeered and very collected another car. The wet grip was completely dire.
The car would wheelspin really easily in the wet, it was only a 130 TDI.
Swapped the fronts and rears over, had about 50% worn continentals on the back, this fixed the understeer and wheelspin but in the wet the rear was really nervous you could feel it sliding on roundabouts and the ESP light would kick in.
I bought some part worn Continentals from Fleabay and swapped them for the Acceleras. These I put back on Fleabay. The car was so much better to drive and a lot safer.
If people skimp on tyres what else are they not doing ??.
As for the Accelera PH1 being such a good tyre why did it come 44th out of 50 in a tyre test.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2014-Auto-Bild-50-Summer-Tyre-Shootout.htm

Or 10th out of 10 in this test

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2012-EVO-Max-Performance-Tyre-Test.htm

And doesn't get very good reviews here

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Accelera/PHI.htm

Most of these Chinese tyres aren't so bad for grip in the dry and if we lived in a country where it hardly ever rained then it probably wouldn't be an issue. But in this country the difference in grip levels between cheap tyres and expensive ones can be immense. Why spoil all the good work that car manufacturers did making cars that are safe and handle well by putting cheap poor quality tyres on them.

Also there would be no need for cars to have refurbished wheels if the drivers were a little more considerate about bumping up kerbs or thought a bit more about where they were driving.
Again a car with heavily kerbed wheels tells me something about the driver.Accidents do happen but some of the wheels you see on cars look like somebody has been as them with an angle grinder

Karl.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdp1962
Did you know that Accelera tyres are made in Indonesia , by EP and they used to make and sell Continental branded tires under contract for that market ?

Damned near the same tread pattern as ContiSportContact 2

It's basically an old Continental tyre.

I didn't know that, I suppose they no longer make tyres for Continental as they weren't very good at it.
I have tried some Matador HP46 Hectorra tyres on the Passat as they were strongly recommended. Again Matador is owned by Continental, and since 2009 is 100% owned by them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matador_(company)

The HP 46 is also basically a Contisportcontact tyre, however it's not as good as I found and several of the reviews I have since read say the tyrewall is too soft. Indeed this is what I found and and having the tyres off a rim this was easily felt. The sidewall on a Contisport is a good deal stiffer.
That said the tyres gave good grip in the dry and more importantly the wet and get much better test results and reviews than Accelera tyres.

19th in the same test where the Accelera came 44th, Just behind the Uniroyal rainsport 2

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2014-Auto-Bild-50-Summer-Tyre-Shootout.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Matador/MP-46-Hectorra-2.htm

Nearly 90% of the people who bought the Matador would buy it again, Just over 50% of the people who bought the Acecelera would buy it again. That has got to tell you something.

Tyres these days are a lot more than the tread pattern, the internal construction and more importantly the chemical makeup of the tread is more important, In most of the best top range tyres there is actually very little natural rubber in them. This is one of the reasons why the budget tyres can't compete on performance with the top makes.
Anyway this discussion is way off topic and sorry to the OP for filling up the post. If I was spending £13k on a car I wouldn't expect to be finding £60 tyres on it. If the owner can't be bothered to spend a little more on it to put some decent tyres then what else haven't they bothered with ?, I would rather see a car with reasonable rubber on and wheels that don't look like they have been ground down on a kerb.

Karl.