Third Service...

cuke2u

Reaction score
Just had my third service at three years performed by Eastbourne Audi, cannot fault them, also MOT and brake fluid change. As some of you might know I have been paying for a 36 month service plan at £9.56 a month so when I went to collect the car I was expecting to pay for the MOT and the fluid change plus the courtesy vehicle, so I was very surprised to find the charges all being waived and I did not have to pay anything - RESULT....

I will be setting up a new service plan next week, and over eighteen months it is around £26 a month. So perhaps the days of 'cheap' motoring are over ;-)

Reactions: Keef
On another note, they gave me the new Q3 diesel to drive. Plenty of plastic inside that looked and felt cheap and the simply awful engine confirmed why I won't have one. The drive train was very unrefined as well and even though it was the sport version the ride should have been more subtle than my A4, but it wasn't with even small cracks in the road transmitting through to the driver. It was gusty weather and, with it's bulk, I could feel the car moving about which I didn't like at all. I certainly won't put it on my list of cars...

Last edited:
Sounds like you’ve really had your money’s worth from that original service plan!

shame they couldn’t keep the price moving forward.

looks like I will be following you and keeping my car after my 3 year pcp is up early next year.

Reactions: cuke2u
We'll swap notes then, does go to show that not all dealership's are money grabbing con merchants. Not sure how long I will have the A4 into next year though, I definitely have itchy feet and if I'd had a build date for the CLA I would have been committed...

Interestingly, I had the same result when I collected mine after its third service on Thursday. One thing I'm puzzled about is the brake pad wear sensors. I was advised that the rear brake pads are 70% worn. Out of curiosity, I asked what the threshold was to pop up the brake pad wear warning on the dash. The reply I got was the rear doesn't have sensors to measure brake pad wear.

Can any of the experts on here confirm this?

My A4 had the warning light come on and it was the rears that had worn through although the system didn't know that. It took a visual inspection to confirm.

Reactions: cuke2u
Interestingly, I had the same result when I collected mine after its third service on Thursday. One thing I'm puzzled about is the brake pad wear sensors. I was advised that the rear brake pads are 70% worn. Out of curiosity, I asked what the threshold was to pop up the brake pad wear warning on the dash. The reply I got was the rear doesn't have sensors to measure brake pad wear.

Can any of the experts on here confirm this?

On my A4 they have sensors. I was "advised" to have all four done, but as the rears weren't as worn as the fronts, I chose to only get the front done to save a huge bill just before xmas. About 4 months later, the warning came on the dash for the rears.