Those graphics on the RS3 Vorsprung Alloys

Hmm, I hadn't noticed there were two different colour stickers - I thought it was just the silver sticker but it was diamond cut.

Wondows what they'd look like if you did diamon cut the entire face.

Like my M4 wheels:
s-l500.jpg

I liked the look on these when I had them, cut faces with gloss black.
Screenshot 20220324 144937 Photos

Reactions: rngDeadeye
To be honest the most expensive looking alloys on the RS3 8Y are on the standard model the carbon and Vorsprung models alloys are plain looking affairs for the price of the car.....just like the interior.....

To be honest the most expensive looking alloys on the RS3 8Y are on the standard model the carbon and Vorsprung models alloys are plain looking affairs for the price of the car.....just like the interior.....
I have to disagree, from an engineering perspective. They may look the busiest on the standard model, but to me the less cluttered wheels tell me that there's been additional engineering and thought put into them to make sure that they'll be strong enough given the lack of spokes/material versus the standard allows. I like the less cluttered look on alloys in general though so might be a bit biased from that as well. :tearsofjoy:

I have to disagree, from an engineering perspective. They may look the busiest on the standard model, but to me the less cluttered wheels tell me that there's been additional engineering and thought put into them to make sure that they'll be strong enough given the lack of spokes/material versus the standard allows. I like the less cluttered look on alloys in general though so might be a bit biased from that as well. :tearsofjoy:
Its the finish of both Carbon and Vorsprung wheels l am on about....but again to put it in perspective it's a A3/ RS3 so the wheels are built to a budget hence no wheel option choices ....which also has become a standard thing with Audi cars no wheel options

Compared to recent efforts the standards are nice, some of the non-symmetrical diamond cut monstrosities on the late 8v s3 and early 8y were woeful IMO, I avoided the 8v S3 in black edition due to them.
Not many manufacturers nail wheels 100% but have to say always liked Mercedes/BMW wheels as generally they get it right as they don't do assymetric very often.
Having seen the Vorsprung in the flesh I did actually like them more than I thought, just not for me day to day. I posted this the other week, but here's the nose to nose of what is almost like world's colliding in the RS3 spectrum, dark Vs alu, matrix Vs non, top spec Vs standard, dark Vs bright, surprised the planet didn't stop turning.
20220305 120617

Reactions: Mondie, 8YARWY, kayemill and 2 others
Compared to recent efforts the standards are nice, some of the non-symmetrical diamond cut monstrosities on the late 8v s3 and early 8y were woeful IMO, I avoided the 8v S3 in black edition due to them.
Not many manufacturers nail wheels 100% but have to say always liked Mercedes/BMW wheels as generally they get it right as they don't do assymetric very often.
Having seen the Vorsprung in the flesh I did actually like them more than I thought, just not for me day to day. I posted this the other week, but here's the nose to nose of what is almost like world's colliding in the RS3 spectrum, dark Vs alu, matrix Vs non, top spec Vs standard, dark Vs bright, surprised the planet didn't stop turning.
View attachment 251778
Turbo/chrome wins it

• Haha
Reactions: 3vans
Hmm, I hadn't noticed there were two different colour stickers - I thought it was just the silver sticker but it was diamond cut.

Wondows what they'd look like if you did diamon cut the entire face.

Like my M4 wheels:
s-l500.jpg

I think you would struggle to diamond cut them as the 'Y' shaped spokes have too much radiius on them where you really need a sharpish edge to end the cut and define the shape, I'm not a big fan of diamond cut as it's terminal if you damage them on a kerb etc, painted wheels are more user friendly to repair if the worst should happen

Nicest alloys Audi do right now are these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220324-184147_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220324-184147_Instagram.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20210606_173633.jpg
    20210606_173633.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 91
Reactions: Waq1
Yeah M2cs/M3cs/M4cs have them as standard. Much lighter than the stock wheels. They do them in Bronze too.

Doesn't surprise me that.....

That just because you know you prefer the blingy, chrome/aluminium stuff whereas I prefer black bits on the car and wheels that look well engineered versus being just for show?

Or were you trying to say something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Add_Profile
That just because you know you prefer the blingy, chrome/aluminium stuff whereas I prefer black bits on the car and wheels that look well engineered versus being just for show?

Or were you trying to say something else?

Yer paranoid mate lol I was suggesting that our tastes are polar opposite
But the 2 examples of wheels l posted 20 " 22" have been engineered just as much if not more than the small 19" wheels on the RS3 8Y.....Which look so ordinary/basic and definitely much cheaper than wheels l posted ....again its subjective like paint colour

@Doja cat sweetheart thought you had chucked this forum......a missed so much.....

Reactions: Daggerit

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

And yet you still come and regurgitate the same old bile about the RS3... on repeat like a broken record at every opportunity.

Reactions: abmat
Yer paranoid mate lol I was suggesting that our tastes are polar opposite
But the 2 examples of wheels l posted 20 " 22" have been engineered just as much if not more than the small 19" wheels on the RS3 8Y.....Which look so ordinary/basic and definitely much cheaper than wheels l posted ....again its subjective like paint colour

@Doja cat sweetheart thought you had chucked this forum......a missed so much.....

Must be paranoid then!

You don’t see chunky spoked, massive diameter, intricate wheels on cars specifically designed to go fast though (I.e. race cars) so as an engineer I see that there’s a closer similarity to the carbon and Vorsprung wheels for that.

I’m sure there’s a similar amount of engineering really. Generally though, if you take out a lot of material from something that’s under load you really have to make sure that it’s not going to fail so do more analysis.

It would be boring if we all liked the same things.

Reactions: Jassyo06
They are atrocious, seems to be you love the the tts more than a RS3 just because that’s what you have
Your the one who's was gonna pimp up a RS3 8Y with a body kit where you not?? That's absurd in my opinion l don't have a Audi so nowt to with owning any car

Your the one who's was gonna pimp up a RS3 8Y with a body kit where you not?? That's absurd in my opinion l don't have a Audi so nowt to with owning any car
Yup still am, gonna air ride it, fit white wheels, get chameleon tint, sticker bomb the rear boot lid and paint the tire walls white, will look sick af brooo

Reactions: Daggerit
Yup still am, gonna air ride it, fit white wheels, get chameleon tint, sticker bomb the rear boot lid and paint the tire walls white, will look sick af brooo
Oh and to help ruin the car I might add those wheels from the tts you posted above :icon thumright:

• Haha
Reactions: Daggerit and rngDeadeye
Google Translate...still none the wiser...but l am sure it'll be on yer build thread ....

@billymc92 As a dog owner / please tell me you have a seat belt harness for this one and don’t just drive around with him/her on the seat

IMG 8330

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06