Thoughts on this tuning box?

AshA4

Ash
Reaction score
ProBitz? Anyone used them on their B8 tdi?
2.0tdi 143 to 169 and tourque from 320 to 378 and 15% mpg improvement...
Mate has had one on his Golf GT Tdi 170 for 6 months with no issues and raving about it, can this be any good for £99
Great feedback on eBay http://bit.ly/Rb2JPH

For £99 off Ebay for a good car like yours ?? no chance,
You are far better off getting a Revo Remap to 180 Bhp and 393 Torque for £400
You will have peace at mind then and not receive any problems unlike them dodgy cheap chavvy tuning boxes,
If you want a proper tuning box then visit this link below
Diesel Tuning box for Audi A4 2.0 Tdi 143 Ps Common Rail

But in my opinion i recommend you just get a fixed Revo Remap.
http://www.revotechnik.com/resources/uploads/files/VAG%20App%20List%20UK%20__%20301111.pdf
Revo | Dealer Search
Revo | Products

and i wouldn't want to mess around under there in-case you mess something up :L
My opinion though

and i wouldn't want to mess around under there in-case you mess something up :L
My opinion though

As opposed to having your ECU removed for a remap??

Its personal choice i have thought long and hard about it and i've decided to go with the DTUK box due to the fact i dont want my ECU removing,many people have told me its o.k but i just dont like the thought of having it removed after all it is the cars "brain"!!!

Its personal choice i have thought long and hard about it and i've decided to go with the DTUK box due to the fact i dont want my ECU removing,many people have told me its o.k but i just dont like the thought of having it removed after all it is the cars "brain"!!!

I don't have many miles to judge it on so far but the DTUK box has made a hell of a difference to the drive of my car already. You won't be disappointed! :)

I don't have many miles to judge it on so far but the DTUK box has made a hell of a difference to the drive of my car already. You won't be disappointed! :)

Cheers Daggerit i cant wait to get one now,my old man came round on Thursday in his new 12plate A6 sline its the dogs danglies! it is a 177 gave it a good seeing to down the local dual carraigeway,i then got back in mine and it felt really flat so i think ill be paying Andrew at DTUK a visit in the next couple of weeks.

Can anyone post a pic of where the turbo pressure lead connects to on the Dtuk box on a 2010 A4 2.0Tdi?
I bought a box second hand and it is not very clear where to connect it on this engine?

Steve

Professional Authorised Revo Dealer Remapped my car and Took the Ecu out , as "apposed" to myself messing about with it.
The people remapping it and taking the Ecu Know what to do they are Authorised people as opposed to yourself which you may not have a lot of experience fitting the Box yourself you may mess up. If i got a Tuning Box i would get somebody to fit it for me rather than do it myself.
I am not the one remapping the car but in most cases you fit the tuning box yourself which i wouldn't want to do ?
If somebody Remaps your Car and messes it up it is down to them rather than myself fitting a tuning box is down to myself if i mess it up, completely different mate

The Dtuk Box will be good for that sort of money but for £99 no chance.

Cheers, Will get a look at fitting it next weekend. Will let you know how it goes

Professional Authorised Revo Dealer Remapped my car and Took the Ecu out , as "apposed" to myself messing about with it.
The people remapping it and taking the Ecu Know what to do they are Authorised people as opposed to yourself which you may not have a lot of experience fitting the Box yourself you may mess up. If i got a Tuning Box i would get somebody to fit it for me rather than do it myself.
I am not the one remapping the car but in most cases you fit the tuning box yourself which i wouldn't want to do ?
If somebody Remaps your Car and messes it up it is down to them rather than myself fitting a tuning box is down to myself if i mess it up, completely different mate

Firstly who said you took the ECU out yourself?I was simply saying it needs to be removed and for me i dont like that.
Secondly I am going to see DTUK i have already spoken to Andrew who has told me he has no problem fitting it for me and i cant really see how the removal and re-fitting of x2 leads can be that hard.

Firstly who said you took the ECU out yourself?I was simply saying it needs to be removed and for me i dont like that.
Secondly I am going to see DTUK i have already spoken to Andrew who has told me he has no problem fitting it for me and i cant really see how the removal and re-fitting of x2 leads can be that hard.

Ok, hope it goes well for you, I would rather someone do it like you said than do it yourself haha, just incase :)

Once you see him do it you will wonder why you didn't just do it yourself! Haha. It's a piece of cake as there's no modifications to anything required and as the harness uses the stock connectors they will only attach where they're supposed to. :)

And I know that Revo is a good company and all the work I've seen is top notch but at the end of the day if something goes wrong with my car such that the ECU gets looked at by Audi then my warranty will be void regardless of how good of work they did and I don't really fancy that on a £40k+ car...

If you send me your email address via pm ill email the fitting instructions across to you ;)