Thrust bearing - 2.0 tfsi.

kash_v

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The biggest thing that's putting me off remapping my S3 to stage2+ is the thurst bearings going, makes the whole engine toast pretty much.

I believe its when an uprated clutch is fitted(which I will need on a stage2+ map, or even stage 1), with a stiffer pressure plate pushing on the crank -

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-2008-crank-thrust-bearing-failure.296151/

(there was another chap, had the exact same issue on here. Mapped his s3, fitted a sach uprated clutch - bottom end went. While its not overly common on this forum, there are documented cases on American forums and a couple on the Mk5 GTi forum UK.

I do have the bypass, push to start on my S3 from @george_seamons but saying that my engine has done 98k and I have only recently installed this.

Has anyone else heard/seen first hand this issue?

I know TSR offer a service to machine the 'cap'? but it can only be done in their workshop.

Sure I've seen mods or new uprated thrust washers for this. Have a Google or search on ASN.

Sure I've seen mods or new uprated thrust washers for this. Have a Google or search on ASN.

Had a good search mate, so far the only thing I found is the service TSR offer. Along with the bypass I already have fitted.

Would also be interested in this...in the exact same position! How difficult is it to change the thrust bearings?