Thundercliffe Daytona/Magma B9 S4 Avant Thread

Looking good there. I really like Daytona. Yes the rs4 20 inch Ines are really something with the slight concave they have over ours that's the reason I chose them plus I wasn't sure if the more expensive 19s reminded me of skoda vrs wheels?

Haha Don't tell the others that! They look better on the S5 I think. You going to miss the RS3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm already missing it I didn't really want to trade it in at all. But fairs fair wife wants the car we spend the cash on to be the family one that actually gets used and the rs3 was just too small with the two young kids. Once the s4 arrives I will sell out Passat and prob pick up a cheap fiat 500 for dumping at shops and the like

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
So, this is what compromise feels like eh? Courtesy car. Dropped the S4 off at 0830 only to be told at 1640, your car will not be ready today, it's going through a software update. This, probably isn't going to work and a new control unit will have to be ordered. Yayyyyy. I suspected as much. How long y'all reckon that will take?

b570584bd151194ac757461ed0ae2336.jpg
d183f888e4d0ffe2bf0d163bdde75fa0.jpg

More importantly why you got heating up and heated seats on it's melting outside man

It is I go offshore Wednesday am hoping for Fog

@Thundercliffe81 hope they get you sorted and back on the road soon! Save you driving that thing lol.

Devoid of joy this car haha. Comfy. That's about it. Yeah, getting a call later on to see if the update worked.

Reactions: Keef
Guys. Go have some fun!

It's live. What a looker this thing is. But, no alcantara option in U.K.?!

£95k!!! Audi...you've gone too far haha. Even my conservative 'must have' spec was £80k! But...the performance is incredible. Reminds me of McLaren. Just superb but...no soul? We'll see. The real proof in the pudding is on actual road tests. M3 killer that's for sure.

The crazy green colour is nice. But thought there'd be more. Early days.

Enjoy!! I think you can spec it to £100,000K
f11f34e8a4a45775d9b80e184e840cb9.png
0856b0351c75bdb6f3d7f708cc07e9ab.jpg
8698536308a4b3597b47341541a9336b.png

Meh...im saving myself for the RS4!

Reactions: Brasso, Bristle Hound, Spaceman_RS3 and 1 other person
Meh...im saving myself for the RS4!

Won't be much better mate. Price wise. £61k I think. Sports diff and VC standard. Carbon pack is £5k! And you still then need to pay £1k for carbon wing mirrors.

It's all about smiles per mile for me. And that 2.9 turbo doesn't do it. Lost a lot of character. Still. Unbelievable machine

Ha ha I won't be buying one either way, although I very nearly did instead of my B8.5 S4
Finance contribution at the time was £6k, and wasn't much more on the monthly cost.
But I bottled it.
Those carbon dressup kits are silly money, and the carbon roof, very nice, but how much!?

Reactions: scotty76 and Thundercliffe81
Ha ha I won't be buying one either way, although I very nearly did instead of my B8.5 S4
Finance contribution at the time was £6k, and wasn't much more on the monthly cost.
But I bottled it.
Those carbon dressup kits are silly money, and the carbon roof, very nice, but how much!?

£3,250! I mean, it's awesome that they're thinking of these things. Like the M3/4 etc. It does really help with weight and handling. I think it's a return to their hay day in a sense. Even Autocar won't be able to slag the RS4/5 haha But I dunno...just seems like bells and whistles to hide a weak sounding power plant.

You shouldn't have bottled it! I say that because I did too! But I've learned my lesson haha.

Guys. Go have some fun!

It's live. What a looker this thing is. But, no alcantara option in U.K.?!

£95k!!! Audi...you've gone too far haha. Even my conservative 'must have' spec was £80k! But...the performance is incredible. Reminds me of McLaren. Just superb but...no soul? We'll see. The real proof in the pudding is on actual road tests. M3 killer that's for sure.

The crazy green colour is nice. But thought there'd be more. Early days.

Enjoy!! I think you can spec it to £100,000K
f11f34e8a4a45775d9b80e184e840cb9.png
0856b0351c75bdb6f3d7f708cc07e9ab.jpg
8698536308a4b3597b47341541a9336b.png

Nearly £94,000.00 ? Thats madness !!

Another prospective B8.5 RS4 owner who bottled it & went for a B8.5 S4 instead
Still have my regrets over that one :(

I don't care what anyone says, I think the move from a normally aspirated V8's to twin turbo V6's is a backward t step on both the new B9 RS4 & the new M3/M4's
& yes I know its down to Eu emissions regs
Wonder if they will reverse the decision when we leave the Eu ? ;) :D

Reactions: scotty76, Keef and Thundercliffe81
Nearly £94,000.00 ? Thats madness !!

Another prospective B8.5 RS4 who bottled it & went for a B8.5 S4 instead
Still have my regrets over that one :(

I don't care what anyone says, I think the move from a normally aspirated V8's to twin turbo V6's is a backward t step on both the new B9 RS4 & the new M3/M4's
& yes I know its down to Eu emissions regs
Wonder if they will reverse the decision when we leave the Eu ? ;) :D

Haha. We're wimps arnt we?! I'm going right that wrong though in next year or so. 4.2 heaven!

Imagine...a twin turbo V8 spec just for the UK?! We can dream. It's same with Ferrari and Aston Martin though. They're all going forced induction and it's just pathetic. They sound ridiculous. The new Lusso (V8) sounds like a flipping Focus ST! From inside. McLaren are boring. I do t care what people say haha.

Reactions: Keef and Bristle Hound
Perhaps we should have a dreaming of thinking of buying thread as well ;-)

Reactions: Brasso and Thundercliffe81
Not much these days, IT support job prospects within schools is going downhill rapidly. Just been told my hours are going to face a 50% cut in one so it is hardly worth getting out of bed for these days. I might struggle just to keep my present car :-(
If I was able to dream then a TT RS roadster lights my touch paper...

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Keef and Thundercliffe81
784af809d596fe276f8ca908ae27e3cf.jpg

Certainly never seen this range before

Reactions: TripleD
445 miles, good luck with that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If my sums are correct, and most often they fail me, that would mean a usage of around 63 litres. 445 / 32 = 13.9 gallons. 13.9 gallons = 63 litres.
Please be gentle with me...

If my sums are correct, and most often they fail me, that would mean a usage of around 63 litres. 445 / 32 = 13.9 gallons. 13.9 gallons = 63 litres.
Please be gentle with me...

I'll stop you right there Math...is not my forte Ummmm, it's a 58 litre tank. Smaller than the B8. I done a 58 mile journey just there and now the range reads at 405 miles. In all honesty, it's only because I'm using more of the motorway this past couple of weeks. But still, damn good compromise. Power and not so bad range.

Oh, and exhaust is much louder outside btw guys Since the the tweak.

58 litre tank? I thought I was running on fumes but struggled to get anymore then 55L in when I topped-up!

58 litre tank? I thought I was running on fumes but struggled to get anymore then 55L in when I topped-up!

I confess, I'm that guy that doesn't stop when the pump cuts off. I brim her!!!

I'll stop you right there Math...is not my forte Ummmm, it's a 58 litre tank. Smaller than the B8. I done a 58 mile journey just there and now the range reads at 405 miles. In all honesty, it's only because I'm using more of the motorway this past couple of weeks. But still, damn good compromise. Power and not so bad range.

Thats what I was trying to say, physically it would be impossible to get 63 litres from a 58 litre tank...

Thats what I was trying to say, physically it would be impossible to get 63 litres from a 58 litre tank...

So, what does 'theoretical range to empty' mean? How do they derive this? Don't suppose anybody knows what it is for the S4? In all fairness, I've gotten 420 miles from a full tank. Anyway, it's not a priority but it's interesting.

I've gotten into 35's with Efficency enabled on some recent runs to

You disappoint me, if you get any more than 58 miles from 58 litres, then you're driving miss daisy!!

Reactions: Brasso and Thundercliffe81
I've gotten into 35's with Efficency enabled on some recent runs to

You disappoint me, if you get any more than 58 miles from 58 litres, then you're driving miss daisy!!

I was waiting for this. I drive hard often. Trust me. There's a 50 spot on the A1 at the moment. And I drive chilled on way to work. That's long term memory anyway from when my new MMI unit was installed two weeks ago or so. It was at 28mpg long term before that.

So, what does 'theoretical range to empty' mean? How do they derive this? Don't suppose anybody knows what it is for the S4? In all fairness, I've gotten 420 miles from a full tank. Anyway, it's not a priority but it's interesting.

It is probably a equation reached by calculating the amount of fuel remaining to the driving conditions, not necessarily the mpg displayed. Or maybe it is far too clever than us mere humans...

Tbh, I was lazy and didn't coat them. But they're easy to clean. The RS4 20s in this style look epic.

Like these
d7599ea1634d7783246989b9ebfab2e1.jpg

Not the best picture, just couldn't help myself!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Like these
d7599ea1634d7783246989b9ebfab2e1.jpg

Not the best picture, just couldn't help myself!

Rub it in my fave why don't you?! I'd love that RS4. Stunning. Floret?

Thanks, no it's Prism silver.
It really pops in the sun.

You have to add B&O to that list, in fairness most do have it.