Tidy & removeable dashcam options for latest A4 model?

audi-you-do

Reaction score
I have an A4 that's somewhat new. I've been thinking about getting a dashcam. The car is a lease, so I don't want to rip it apart to make the wires invisiable, but I would like to be able to tidy them away as neat as possible. Do you have any recommendations. Bonus points if it includes a rear camera. I did try and search here but the search tool was failing for me.

Thanks guys.

Mine is a lease - dashcam installed behind rear view mirror on passenger side, wire run around top of windscreen (pushed into the gap with a plastic tool), then inside rubber door trim, under glove box and round to 12v socket. Looks quite tidy and easily removable, quick installation too.

Mine is a lease - dashcam installed behind rear view mirror on passenger side, wire run around top of windscreen (pushed into the gap with a plastic tool), then inside rubber door trim, under glove box and round to 12v socket. Looks quite tidy and easily removable, quick installation too.
Thanks, which cam and would you recommend it? Bonus points if you have pics of your setup

Reactions: Psychoscot
Mine is installed the same way. Nice and tidy, although I managed to find a left angle usb which is not good. Just bought another cable and not fitted yet.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mine is installed the same way. Nice and tidy, although I managed to find a left angle usb which is not good. Just bought another cable and not fitted yet.

Which one did you get though? Spill the beans!

i use the blackvue dr650s in my car.
IMG 1887
IMG 1885

Sorry, I use a YI Ultra. Great camera and quality but quite large and impossible to hide well on a S4.

Really neat job. Did you do the install yourself? was it difficult?

Yeah done it myself, I found it quite easy. Most the trimmings inside the car are just clip on. I done a quick video for you before I went to work. Uploaded to YouTube as I couldn’t get it to upload through this. Only shows me doing the front camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah done it myself, I found it quite easy. Most the trimmings inside the car are just clip on. I done a quick video for you before I went to work. Uploaded to YouTube as I couldn’t get it to upload through this. Only shows me doing the front camera.

You absolute legend. Thanks so much for that. Anything worth noting about hooking up the rear? I assume they both run off the same power source?

You absolute legend. Thanks so much for that. Anything worth noting about hooking up the rear? I assume they both run off the same power source?

No worries. Going to the rear you just keep following along the top of the door frame, rather than going down the pillar, tucking the cable in. When you get right to the back open the boot lid (on the Avant) and just pull the lining down on the roof. It’s all clips so it just pushes back on. Pull the cable through. You then have the cover that covers the hinge arm, twist it with you hand and it will come off. Put the cable for the camera with all the other cables and put the cover back on. Then it’s just a case of going up the plastic fairing around the top of the boot to the camera. You have 2 cables with the BlackVue 2 channel camera. One that powers both cameras and plugs into the front camera. The other cable goes from the front camera to the rear camera for power and video.

Reactions: audi-you-do