Timing belt

dev66

Reaction score
When do I change my timing belt ? Should it be dependent on age or mileage?

Good news it's a chain on the 2.5. So no need to do anything

Reactions: 45bvtc
For the fourth year running the Audi 2.5-litre TFSI doesn’t disappoint being voted ‘International engine of the year’ in its class.

The evocative five-cylinder unit came out on top in the 2.0-litre to 2.5-litre category of the awards, not a shock to most as this was the ninth year running Audi claimed the title. However with a jury consisting of 87 leading motoring journalists from around the world it is still an impressive win.

Some of you will remember the first iteration of this legendary five-cylinder engine that changed the face of motorsport, powering the equally legendary original Audi Quattro and Sport Quattro S1 to rallying domination in the 1980s. Its legacy continues in the TT RS Coupé and Roadster, featuring both turbocharging and FSI petrol direct injection, two core Audi technologies. But it is no match for the award winning five cylinder TFSI unit currently taking over the market.

The International Engine of the Year jury was once again pleasantly surprised by the futuristic technology of the engine and said: “The Audi TT RS is one of the most engaging smaller sports cars on the market. The sound and power of the throbbing, off-beat engine makes you feel like a Group B rally driver every time you get behind the wheel.”

Audi TFSI technology proudly holds onto its title for the ninth year in a row, the 2.0-litre TFSI engine won the award in the 1.8-litre to 2.0-litre category between 2005 and 2009, since then the stylish five cylinder model has taken over in a league of its own, and the prestigious award is still call for celebration at Audi.

The 2.5-litre TFSI unit will be in a fitting environment providing power for the equally exciting RS Q3, the first RS model in Audi’s successful SUV line-up.

Reactions: KKM

Love it!

Reactions: fanshu, Kelza and 45bvtc
Sorry I was wrong in my earlier posting, yes you do need to do something, DRIVE IT, as much as possible!
Especially for that engine noise.

Reactions: fanshu and 45bvtc