Tinting front windows to match rears - what % ?

ArrEssDrei

Reaction score
Anyone have their front windows tinted to match the factory privacy glass at the rear? I'm wondering what % tint is a match?

Too ‘Drug dealer’ for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ArrEssDrei, Peter Peter and Jassyo06
I do not have the privacy glass. I have fronts tinted 70%, rears 45%. I did it to avoid too obvious difference between the rears and the fronts. 45% is much lighter than the privacy glass looks. I saw 20% tint and it looked darker than the privacy glass, so I guess 35% would be a close match. If I had the privacy glass and wanted to tint the front door windows I would try 50% tint. It would be lighter than the privacy glass, but not too light. And I think 50% tint gives you 50% chance to get away unharmed if you will be stopped by a cop.

My understanding is the front windows are already tinted to their legal max, so any further tint would be "illegal"

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B, Potterswheel, dave_beastttt and 1 other person
Watch this video from 12minutes in, police explaining legal tint levels.

Reactions: CraigM, AlS3BE and Jassyo06
Anyone have their front windows tinted to match the factory privacy glass at the rear? I'm wondering what % tint is a match?
I suggest 35% not like 5% on the back doors and rear window

Last edited:
My understanding is the front windows are already tinted to their legal max, so any further tint would be "illegal"

Still u can apply bit more darker... many ppl has
Here is best video to see .. I would do 35%

You guys might be right - too drug dealer at 5% if that's what the backs are... and too much attention from plod maybe.

Thanks all the same :)

Still u can apply bit more darker... many ppl has
Here is best video to see .. I would do 35%
Of course you can do what you like. Doesn't change the fact that it would be illegal. YMMV with police

Reactions: S32B
Of course you can do what you like. Doesn't change the fact that it would be illegal. YMMV with police

no don't overreact pls police if they see too to dark only then they will stop you to inspect.. but if they see 50% which is very light they won't bother inspecting..

Your car. Do as you like in my opinion. I have had front tints on all my cars and never been stopped because of them or fined etc

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

no don't overreact pls police if they see too to dark only then they will stop you to inspect.. but if they see 50% which is very light they won't bother inspecting..
He's not over reacting, he's just making you aware of what the law is! if you decided to go above and beyond what is allowed by law, that it is up to you and you can't blame anyone else if things go wrong! Making your tints too dark/illegal could end up invalidating your insurance. Even if you do a legal tint you still need to tell your insurance company, otherwise you risk them saying no to a claim!

Reactions: CraigM and Adam14
@S32B
It's ok I know you don't need to speak for him to show him support.. everyone knows and everyone doing it.. no need to tell ...
Cops don't giv. fk about !!! If they don't giv fk about how ppl every sunday reving cars in birmingham and its near areas making loud noises with engines even after reporting 20 times so they surely can't be now fe-d about some tinting..
No need to back him up... everyone knows.. and then adam of course will like your post :D aaah well so kiddy :D

Last edited:
@S32B
It's ok I know you don't need to speak for him to show him support.. everyone knows and everyone doing it.. no need to tell ...
Cops don't giv. fk about !!! If they don't giv fk about how ppl every sunday reving cars in birmingham and its near areas making loud noises with engines even after reporting 20 times so they surely can't be now fe-d about some tinting..
No need to back him up... everyone knows.. and then adam of course will like your post :D aaah well so kiddy :D
Hey Peter, you weren't known as 'Pedro Pedro' in a previous life were you, just that you appear to have very similar outlook to him.

@S32B
What a weird thing to write.

Your car. Do as you like in my opinion. I have had front tints on all my cars and never been stopped because of them or fined etc

Having thoughts myself because of the contrast of rear privacy glass .

Don't want a match just a softening of that contrast .

What % did you have on the front sides ?

Having thoughts myself because of the contrast of rear privacy glass .

Don't want a match just a softening of that contrast .

What % did you have on the front sides ?
I completely agree with you I don't like the contrast of tints on the back and then no tints at all on the front. I like my symmetry. If my memory serves correctly I got 35%. Pm'd you a photo

Reactions: Gazwould
Check this : )

The danger of young minds...

Should of bought a Slaguna or not !

Screenshot 20210321 051953 Chrome

Reactions: Peter Peter
@S32B
If you don't want to hear other peoples opinions/advice, then why bother being on a public forum? You do what you like and when your insurance says "We aren't paying out", don't go crying to mummy!

Reactions: Peter Peter