tiny scratches every where on the car that show in sunlight (it's black pearl)....

Gt Tdi_

Reaction score
Guys....I need your help please.

Had the car around a month and think it's been microfibre dried after they have been washing machine / powder washed.

Looks ok in most weather, bit dull but ok. Cleaned the car last weekend and took it for a drive in the vening (as you do) and saw the paint in a garage - tiny scratches all over the body work which makes me think it's either the previous owner or the microfibre clothes being cleaned in the washing machine.

Seriously need some help as though i've cleaned my cars religiously for 20+ years my limited experiance tells me autoglym resin polish then wax coats x a couple.....

Can anyone suggest if this is correct or the steps (and products) i need to go through to correct (or as much as i can) the paint please.

I've read some posts and appreciate this may have come up before but i'd love a steer in right direction - labour not a problem as looking forward to taking a day off (no kids or wife) and going through the required steps in a relaxed, enjoyable (not rushed) process.

Really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Was it bought from a dealer? they use some wonderful stuff to cover/hide scratches etc.It generally wears off after awhile and you suddenly start noticing marks,blemishes scratches everywhere.

Try a polish from poorboys called 'blackhole', its designed for black/dark coloured cars, it contains fillers to hide the swirls. I used it on a black Mk5 Golf GTI and it helped a lot. failing that a machine polish is required

No point in trying to hide the problem mate. Either invest in a DA polisher (£200 will buy you a DA kit) or get a detailer to do it for you. When they're finished the paintwork will be pristine so an ideal base for you to learn how to detail so you can continue to keep it immaculate.

As said, to fix it, needs correction.
Depending on severity, this could be machine only, or flatted first.

Its a practice thing. So start off easy if you plan to do it yourself.

I did mine, though i have dabbled before too...

Before i did it, was covered in swirls, and some nastier scratches. Clay marred it badly too.

20120421_110519.jpg

Whole car pretty much was hit with a 1200 3M disc on a DA, and looked ruined!

20120425_131509.jpg

After mopping

20120425_140943.jpg

20120425_131726.jpg

I went 1200, 2000, 3000, 4000, then 3M Fast Cut on Green Pad, Extra Fine on Yellow, the Ultrafina on Blue.
Black is one of the harder colours, as its not very forgiving with and marks left behind.

need to do my moro blue s4 but spend too much time flatting and polishing at work day in day out that by the time the weekend comes the last thing i want to do is pick up a polisher lol still being lazy is doing me no favours so when the weather has finally sorted itself out I'm gonna have to get busy