To replace factory SLINE shocks/springs?

audi18tdan

Reaction score
I love the look and handling of SLINE suspension however it's so crashy and so jarring that I am looking into replacing with uprated shocks/springs but don't want to go any lower.

Can anymore tell me if uprated springs/shocks would make any difference in ride quality and is there anything I can buy that will match my current height but give a better ride quality?

s-line is notorious for being a somewhat firm setup, its the dampers , just change front and rears to a better setup of quality coilovers or damper/spring combo, you wont do anything to improve the s-line damping, you could change the springs and it may help a bit but the daampers are to blame.

Thanks Rob,

So spring/shock combo will be the way to go. I'm thinking standard set of Koni's for example but progressive dampers sound better however not sure i want to spend anymore just for the commuter.

s-line is notorious for being a somewhat firm setup, its the dampers , just change front and rears to a better setup of quality coilovers or damper/spring combo, you wont do anything to improve the s-line damping, you could change the springs and it may help a bit but the daampers are to blame.

there is such a big choice out there of possible combinations of damper/springs or coilovers from numerous brands, many are all made by the same factory anyway, to be honest your budget if you have one will be the deciding factor in what you go for.
If you don't have a budget in mind then there are some serious good kits available but most owners do work around a budget and that kinda sets the options to start with.

Looking for some adaptive dampers/springs for around £500-£600 but dont want coilovers as just want a fixed height.
Koni's are on my radar.

Any thoughts? What are you running?

there is such a big choice out there of possible combinations of damper/springs or coilovers from numerous brands, many are all made by the same factory anyway, to be honest your budget if you have one will be the deciding factor in what you go for.
If you don't have a budget in mind then there are some serious good kits available but most owners do work around a budget and that kinda sets the options to start with.